Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica: Electrical/Lighting Problems

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,540
    oh, the way i read it before, i thought you had an actual article of this happening. a recall does not an event make. i'm not belittling your troubles, but it seems like you have enough to worry about without getting worked up about problems that might could have happened if all the moons aligned properly. Trust me, most cars have their potentially dangerous problems that never come to fruition.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• calty22calty22 Posts: 2
    jsager, We just purchased a used (04) AWD model 2 days ago, and the Electronic message system is dead. We are taking it back to the deal this Monday. But has anyone else had this happen? The message center is "dead" all the time, even when the key is out, it doesn't say "door ajar" or anything. Even when started up.
    Some other quirks i've found in our 48 hours of ownership:
    - climate control display has randomly faded 2 times
    - Tire pressure monitor came on for the drive to work
    although all tires were in good shape.

I'm hoping these are quirks that are fairly common and this car isn't a :lemon:
  • b25nutb25nut Templeton, CAPosts: 199
    The climate displays on most '04s, it seems, were bad. I had mine replaced in '03. What message are you getting on the tire pressure? Is it saying the pressure is too high? I've found most service people put to much pressure in the tires.
  • calty22calty22 Posts: 2
    i couldn't see the tire pressure message because the EVIC is out. It was just tire pressure indicator light was on. I had to take this vehicle to the dealer yesterday as the engine light came on. The code was reading a small evaporative leak, but i have to get it reset at the dealers. My first 4 days of ownership with this car has not been good. I sure hope it makes up for it.
  • jsagerjsager Posts: 3
    Yes, mine is dead alllll the time. I have no idea what happened to it. I still haven't taken it in for service. Nearly everyday I stare at the blank screen and wish I knew what was wrong with it. I haven't had any problems with any of the other lights or gauges (knock on wood). Aside from the payment and my broken message center, I love my car...but must admit, I'm a little leery of it these days....
  • jamesutzjamesutz Posts: 4
    Hello,

I bought a 2007 Touring model and was wondering if anybody has tried to upgrade it to have automatic headlights, like are offered in the Limited model?

Thanks,
    James
  • kkodalkkodal Posts: 34
    JAMESUTZ!!
    i have an 05 touring and i am not sure if it would be the same for 07's but i just bought a auto dim electrochromatic rear view mirror and got the signal stalk that has the auto headlight option on it and it is working like the limited version.it is on automaticly.good luck with your upgrade.
    KKODAL :shades:
  • Has anyone found the cause of the blank display and what is required to make it work again?

Thanks.

Bob
  • luthibluthib Posts: 2
    Did you upgrade your headlights? If so, how did it go? I am looking to do the same thing.
  • luthibluthib Posts: 2
    Can some one with a Limited (with the Automatic Headlights) please pull the Light/Signal stick out and tell me if there are any of the pins vacant in the connector. I have the Touring and would like to upgrade to the Automatic Headlights. I have the Auto-Dimming mirrors and want to know if I can just buy the Light Stick for the Limited to make it work. My Light stick is missing 3 of the pins.
  • I bought a 2007 Pacifica recently with 15k miles on it. Over the past 2 weeks the horn has started going off unexpectedly while driving or when the car is turned off sitting in the driveway. Sometimes it lasts for 20-30 seconds. Yesterday it went off 9 times while driving.

The dealership told me they could not find anything wrong (of course it didn't go off when the car was at the dealer).

Has anyone had this problem? Overall were very happy with the car but I'm concerned that the problem is electrical and this is only the beginning.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,540
    when it happens, is the horn blaring steady for 20-30 seconds? or pulsating?

if pulsating, sounds like a security system problem.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• It's steady for 20-30 seconds. I got it back from the dealership today and it went off in the driveway 10 minutes after I got it home. I'm taking it back next week. Will report the outcome here just in case others run into this problem.
  • We just purchased a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica we had it for about 3 weeks and the Power Seats Quit working. We checked the obviouse fuse and it looked good. Is their a relay I am not seeing. Help!!!.
  • Dear 3rd RX,

I read your post (dated 3/31/04) regarding how to remove the headslight assembly for a 2004 Pacifica. Unfortunately for me, even after removing the 2 screws and sliding my hand below the housing (as you suggested), I'm still having difficulty. Your message indicated that there is a "locking bracket at the bottom" of the assembly housing. My problem is that even with the rubber bumber depressed and my hand grabbing the assembly from below, I can not slide it out. It feels like there is still something holding the headlight housing in place at the bottom (toward the left side). Can you (or anyone else) offer any more tips? I'm applying a decent amount of force, and I'm afraid that if I push/pull much more, I might break something.

Does anyone know where I can find an online diagram of the passanger side headlight assembly? Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer! Happy Holidays! :confuse: :mad:
  • reply to madmacxx
    my husband and I removed the assembly and it was quite difficult, this was close to 2 yrs ago .Im wracking my brain trying to recall exactly what we did.we too were also worried that we'd break something, but we didnt. I do know we really had to pull hard and it did release itself.sorry, i dont have any diagrams, but my advice is to really pull on the assembly, it wont break.
  • Just wondering if you found the connector to the red wire coming out of the rubber unit? It connects to a two pole connector behind the rubber grommet the wires pass through. The problem is reaching it. It's pretty tight quarters and I've been trying to get at it. Any luck?

Mike M.
  • I just installed a trailer hitch wiring harness on my Pacifica, and there is a red wire coming off of the rubber unit that connects to a two prong connector located behind a rubber grommet on the tail light panel (drivers side). Problem is accessing the connector. Are there any access panels or openings that I can open to get to it?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Fshdreemr96
    Miami, Florida
  • Both tail and front side marker lights are not working. Also, fog lights won't stay on, but go out after turned on - lights on dim. Any ideas out there. Thanks. First time on.
  • A friend and I installed a similar trailer hitch wiring harness on a 2008 Pacificia yesterday. The mating connector was buried in some foam that you could just barely see when you removed the rubber grommet on the driver's side. We were able to feel it and pry it loose with our fingers, cut a slit in the side of the grommet and replace the grommet with the connector then exposed.

Wish this had solved our next problem. The instructions told us to put a fuse in slot 10 in the fuse panel. Slot 10 in the 2008 Pacifica is used for something else.
  • electrical problems Courtesy lights not working ,back window wiper,back up lights, and now car will not start[ any ideas, please help
  • kking76kking76 Posts: 1
    I have a 05 chrysler pacifica touring I've had it now for about 15 mths. I haven't had any major or minor problems just today the engine light came on while I was driving it has never done it before I was wondering has anyone else had that problem.

• brown01brown01 Posts: 2
    on today a sprite drink exploded in my pacifica and went under the seats now the front power seats do not work. is that where the fuse is for the seats or do i need to take it to the dealer/
  • brown01brown01 Posts: 2
    can you tellme where the fuse box is located in a 2006 pacifica/
  • I've been having an annoying problem with my '05 Pacifica, and no luck getting it fixed so far. The power seat controls will randomly stop working, with no apparent connection to anything I'm doing with the car at the time. Sometimes they will not work for days at a time, sometimes they won't work for a few minutes, then kick back in the next time I start the car. I checked the fuse, which was fine, and even switched it for a new one. I did find that wiggling the fuse seemed to wake up the controls, but that could have just been a coincidence. When this problem occurs, neither of the front seats can be adjusted. I have just the basic power seats, they're not heated.

I have brought the car to a Chrysler dealer twice now, and of course both times the seats decided to be in perfect working condition. The first time they charged me $40 for labor and told me nothing was wrong. They said maybe it was a circuit breaker tripping because it was overheated (yeah, I just play with the power seats all day long...). I know nothing's overheating, because many times it happens when I start the car for the first time in the morning. On my second visit to the dealer, the mechanic messed around with the wiring under the driver's seat to see if he could cause the controls to fail (they were working at the time), but nothing happened. I was told that they can't help me unless I bring the car in while the seats aren't working. That's easier said than done considering they are only open 9 to 5, Monday through Friday, and I have to work! >:-(

I'm just wondering if anyone has some idea about what this could be. I had a similar problem with my old car - the turn signals would stop working randomly, and it was because of a faulty hazard switch. Is there a relay or switch that could be faulty in my Pacifica? Is there really no way to figure out the problem while the seats are working?
  • Went out to the pacifica the other morn...found the radio playing, a/c blower blowing, trouble lites glowing, all like the key was on b4 start. The key was in my pocket with the switch off. Tried to start (still had a little battery), started for 2-3 seconds and quit, did the same 2 more times after charging battery. Any ideas would be appreciated
  • jtg61jtg61 Posts: 43
    I have a 2005 3.8L Pacifica bought new in July '05 (out of warranty) with only 27k miles. I've had a remote lock and instrument cluster failure twice now a few months apart. They way I notice it is when I go to remote lock my vehicle I don't get the horn and light confirmation. I get back in the vehicle and power it on and the instrument cluster is dark, no illumination or display. The vehicle still starts (luckily) and everything else seems to work fine. After it sits for awhile, the instrument cluster comes back on and everything appears to work fine again. The last time this happened the check engine light illuminated so I finally got some fault codes to troubleshoot this problem. I did the 'on acc on acc on' trick to get the fault codes to pop up on the odometer. I got two fault codes u110c (No Fuel Level Bus Message) and u0140 (Lost Communication With Body Control Module). Has anyone else experienced this glitch? Anyone know the possible cause, solution? Since my vehicle is out of warranty, I don't want to waste an expensive service fee to troubleshoot this intermittent problem. I can't seem to find a TSB or Recall that specifically addresses this problem. Thanks for any help.
  • I just got that problem today. I have a 2005, i believe a 3.7, im not sure about the ltrs. I do have a warranty, so when they hopefully find out i'll be sure to let you know. I took it to get an oil change at Midas, they gave me a report on the car. It said that our years have a problem with the speed sensors, so if you feel your ride getting whack when slowing down thats probably what it is.
  • Newer instructions indicate that 07 and later models use a different slot but already have a fuse in it. So you should be ok.