Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 Real World MPG

Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,919
Please report on your FX35 mileage in this discussion. Please include city/highway, odometer, driving style or similar comments that you think may be helpful. Thanks,

Steve, Host

Comments

• fx35awdfx35awd Posts: 218
    My average is 18.5-19mpg with mixed driving, 75% freeway and 25% city. This is without the AC.
  • atfryaratfryar Posts: 30
    In my first two weeks and one tank of gas I averaged 18.8 mpg, about 50/50 highway and back roads... AC was on, windows/sunroof open most of the time too.

2006 fx35 AWD
  • tnticotntico Posts: 1
    I have an 04 with the big 20's for wheels and I average 18.5mpg on the interstate usually with the ac on and the cruise on 80mph. In town I get about 15mpg.
  • audreymaudreym Posts: 103
    I have around 4,400 on the odo and we seem to be settling in around 17.8 MPG with a 25mi each way, back-country road commute with the AC on.

My husband likes to drive it a bit harder, so when I get my car back it was usually down to 17.6 until he realized if he turned the AC off he could still get 17.8 and drive like a maniac.

I am hoping to see the 18 MPG range after the engine breaks in a bit more...
    It is all part of the fun of owning an FX35, just as long as he does not hurt anyone. I usually drive this car, but the one time my wife drives it she got a speeding ticket. She told me she did not even realize how fast she was going since it is quiet in the cabin compare to our old 4-cylinder car going at 80mph.
  • roncoronco Posts: 6
    Do you guys really feel like AC usage makes a difference? I had always heard that it did, but I read an article recently that cited this idea as one of the five most common fuel efficiency myths.
    Doesn't the rpm goes up once you turn on your AC to maintain a certain speed or you have to depress the gas pedal slightly more. Do you not notice that or is it just me :D
  • I have a 03 FX35 AWD Tech, Touring, Sports and I get 22 mpg on the freeway with cruise set at 68. For 50% freeway and 50% City I get 19 mpg..I'm very easy on gas and do not accelerate too hard...All with AC on about 30% of the time.
    :)
    Has anyone has the Tornado in their air duct and/or the K&N filter in their car? The manufactures claim that you can obtain a few more miles per gallon with the use of these after market parts. Thanks in advance. :)
  • I dont have neither..but I will be installing K&N Air filter in my next service.
    thanks! :)
  • i have a 05 fx35AWD w/ touring and sport package and it saying that im only getting between 11-12 mPG IN THE CITY..LOOKING AT THE OTHERS REPLY I THINK MINES HAS A PROBLEM (I HAVE 23K ON THE TRUCK) I NEVER GOT ANYTHING HIRE THAN THAT IN THE CITY...ALSO DOES I LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY, SO IF ANYONE HAS ADVICE ON THE SUBJECT PLEASE INFORM ME..
  • jbmccoy205jbmccoy205 Posts: 2
    I have had the car since it was released 3/20/03. I've been through 4 SETS OF TIRES 75000 miles....and my computer says avg. 15.8 miles...........makes me sick but the wife loves it....Hope this helps :lemon:
  • mcwenzelmcwenzel Posts: 37
    In hilly San Francisco I get about 11.5 miles per gallon. On the highway, I get about 21.5. The mileage is very disappointing.
  • 2004 FX 35, 18.3 ave mpg, mostly (country) highway, 65mph, with a/c
  • My Nissan mechanic is a speed freak and maintains my 300ZX t/t. He said the Nissan filter is the same as K&N There is a material sprayed on the comb that is on both.

He would do anything that would give me 1/2hp addition. The torando is as bad as the extended warranty on a oven. Nothing to it, he said.

Anybody got a problem with that?
  • Just bought an FX35. Love the car. The original factory epa mpg is between 16 and 21 mpg. I didn't buy the car for fuel economy purposes. As long as the actual nbrs are close, that's good enough for me.
  • flzzflzz Posts: 19
    i have 1900 miles and last tank got me 20.9 m/gal prem. 386 mi. mix of hghwy-city . after 5000 i will post again
  • oneiljhoneiljh Posts: 4
    Short trips for 2 weeks only in the city and my mpg drops to single digits. Using the medium grade gas.
  • flzzflzz Posts: 19
    at 5000 miles i have not filled my tank (prem) that i did not avg at least 20.7 mpg
    this is awd mix of city/hghwy. rated 15cty 20hghwy im pleasently surprised !
    note i didnt buy this for its fuel millage