Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the Best SUV For me?

123457»

Comments

• donl1donl1 Posts: 109
    I always thought the Suburban/Expedition were in the "large" SUV category.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,596
    edited September 2013
    Edmunds has trouble distinguishing between SUVs, and then throw in Crossovers and it really gets muddled. Seems like we mostly separate them by price, not size. But the supersize SUVs based on trucks are mostly gone.

Think about an Acadia. Doesn't seem to be a supersize like a Suburban. But it's certainly roomy and can hold eight adults if you skip the captain's chairs.

Then there's something like the Forester. It's an SUV right? Or is it just a tall wagon? We call it an SUV.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• sparkndutchsparkndutch Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    Failed attempt making a smart*** remark. (Just saying)

Large is like a Ford Expedition/EL, Chevy Tahoe/Suburban, GMC Yukon/XL, Nissan Armada, Toyota Sequoia.
  • (Just Saying) like a 13yr old girl's vocabulary, like those are like Extra Large SUVs, like oh my god, there could be like XL SUVs, seriously???

I'd say an Escape is a medium sized SUV/CUV while a SMALL one would be a Juke, Cuntryman, Tucson, Encore, Impreza, Just Saying.
  • Look at the Kia Sorento LX. I had one, but traded it in on a Honda Pilot because I needed something a bit bigger. Really impressive CUV. Check it out.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 796
    The 2014 Mazda CX-5 is consistently rated as one of the best (if not THE BEST) small/compact CUV. It's well worth a look by anyone shopping that segement!
  • cmspcmsp Posts: 1
    I've been searching vehicles for the last year, looking for an SUV that fits my unusual lifestyle, and I keep coming up short. Please help!

Here are my requirements (I put quiet and comfort at top because I drive a LOT for my job):

1. Quiet cabin at highway speed
    2. Comfortable, comfortable, comfortable seats (for small person)
    3. Capability to haul lots of stuff & my dog (all inside the cabin)
    4. Good on snow and ice (including occasional tall drifts)
    5. I won't die if I hit the occasional deer or other animal that jumps out in front of me unexpectedly
    6. Reliable (won't leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere)
    7. Brushes off gravel roads (okay on rocks)
    8. All Weather Package

And, here are wishlist items:

1. Heated wheel
    2. Nav
    3. Would love to be able to opt-out of third row seating for storage space instead
    4. Blind spot monitoring
    5. Diesel or decent fuel mileage

Here are two that came close (if only I could merge them into one car):

1. Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2012, base engine. Handled and drove just okay. Lots of blind spots. Low on storage/interior space compared to how large it felt. However, great for offroad.

2. Volvo XC60 T6, 2014. Loved this car, but worried about offroad capability and it was $10,000 more than I wanted to spend.

Would appreciate recommendations of other vehicles to try.

Budget: around $35,000 or less (new or used)
123457»