Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caliber Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• Is there a known problem with the cruise control on the US Dodge Caliber's. I took delivery of my Caliber SXT Sport on Auguest 1st and have found the cruise control to me good.

Going back to the chrome grille thing, I am a little annoyed as the UK spec says the SXT Sport comes with a Chrome Grille as standard however they changed the spec after the brochure was printed. I am in FL in October, does anyone know if I can pic up a US chrome grille to change it on my UK version?

Very impressed with the Caliber though, much better than the Neon. Hope that we get more US cars coming into the UK!!!
  • dallardallar Posts: 15
    graysebring: I too bought a Caliber w/o cruise and paid the dealer at time of purchase to have it installed. After 3 months of the dealer attempting to get the cruise control from DCX he was told it would not be available for at least 9 months. My car had 2K miles on it. The dealer took the car back and gave me full credit on another Caliber with cruise. Two weeks ago I took my car in for the recall.....the service mgr told me that DCX is till telling them that cruise will not be available until mid year 07, other than factory installed. Good luck.
  • Anybody know what the story is on the ESP option?
    There is no information at the website!
  • guditusguditus Posts: 2
    I've seen a picture or two with the third window (on each side) having a vent type thing. I don't know what they are called but have seen them on Mustangs mostly. I haven't been able to them. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have any idea where to get them?
  • I don't know why anyone would even try to make that window with a vent.It's only about the size of my hand from the inside.I'm just dissapointed that I have to have the windows tinted as an after market item as it wasn't even avail. from Dealer.
  • guditusguditus Posts: 2
    Yeah, I'm very surprised it isn't offered. There must be some sort of reasoning for it cos that's a very common option on most cars. I still haven't gotten mine tinted as of yet. Not completely sure I want to.
  • You can find the rear window vents on the Razzi web site along with the new body kit.
  • I am just about finished putting add-ons on the new Caliber.The only thing left is window tinting.Just posted some pics on my carspace site.Comments appreciated.
  • where did you go for the vent visors and mud guards (prices)?
  • bigtsrbigtsr Posts: 149
    I was admiring my black sxt as it sat in the garage and
    realized I should have bought fogs but I've had them
    on my last 2 DCX cars and never used them much at all.
    Having said that I thought they do add to the looks,
    so I popped the removalable cover plates(5 min)and then
    covered them wit that very shiny aluminum foil duct tape.
    Popped them back in and wala makes the front nicer.
  • I searched on ebay,under Dodge Caliber.For some reason everthing except the spoilers will show up.I just compared prces against what my dealer offered and other Dodge dealers on ebay had.Most times you can still save money even though S&H may seem high.
  • Anyone get one with ESP yet? Anyone tested one with ESP?
  • Is there any third party trip computer w/cruise control & tachometer for the Caliber? Or does Dodge have to come out with one first, so other trip computer companies can chase after the crumbs? :surprise:
    Here is something you may be interested in,just follow the
    link.
    http://pureenergysystems.com/store/Scan_Gauge/
    You can buy aftermarket cruise control systems
    or check with your DC dealer.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,016
    A reporter from a large daily newspaper is looking to speak to women who are current Dodge Caliber or Compass drivers. The reporter would like to discuss why you purchased the vehicle. Please provide your daytime contact info to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, October 18, 2006.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Anyone Get one with ESP?

Anyone looked into the performance chips? Any ideas on which one is better?
  • Check now, it should be available now. Anyone ordered one with the option yet?
  • My SXT came with body color grill. Guess the Dodge guy was confused or something.
  • Just got my Caliber a few weeks ago (First new car! :shades: )

Does anyone know how to remove the stock tonneau cover? I'm going to be helping a friend move, and I will need the extra cargo space. I looked at it earlier, and I can't see a way to get it out without breaking the plastic mounting brackets. Is it even possible? Thanks!
    The tonneau cover is spring loaded on the right hand side
    as you stand at the rear of the car,simply let roll
    up then push to the right.
    Could be they are confused or did you buy SXT SPORT?
    SXT is supposedly chrome grill and SXT SPORT comes
    with painted grill.
    My SXT has chrome grill however they put a RT
    rear bumper on it with the cutout for the exhaust.
  • That is correct. I ordered a sport and it came with a color matched grille. They changed it in April but never updated the booklets. Anyone who ordered a Sport would think it should be chrome but indeed it is not. I complained and the dealer switched mine out.

IF you can't get them to switch it you can always mod it yourself with the chrome adhesive trim(I have pictures in my carspace site), the outter part of the grille won't be chrome but the cross bars will. It looks nice that way too.
  • My 2 day old r/t fwd has ESP but with 75 miles I can't tell you anything about it. It is a $250 option.
  • Has anyone attempted to purchase a roof rack system for their car? Though there is a picture in the brochure of the accessory the item is not listed in the dealer catalog. Nothing located on the web either.
  • Though this accessory is shown in the dealers brochure it is not listed in the dealer catalogs and I am told that they do not exist. Anyone else able to get one yet?
    Mopar stopped selling the roof rack due to some
    problems either mechanical/supplier.
    If your look at caliberforumz.com you will see
    that other Caliber owners are using Thule or
    Yakima carriers and one has a how to posted.
  • Thank you for the information I'll check it out.
  • leffjeleffje Posts: 1
    I too am looking for performance chips for my caliber, R/T - 2.4 liter. But I am not having much luck. Have tried Jet Performance, they said that they are working on one, may be 6 to 8 months yet.
    Anyone have any better luck?
  • just purchased a new caliber, one of the interior features is a soft tonneau cover, what is it? where is it at? is it a pull over cover for the rear area?
    The tonneau cover if you have one is the rollup cover
    situated behind the rear seat that unfurls like a window
    blind to cover the cargo area and protect its contents
    from prying eyes.
This discussion has been closed.