Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Malibu vs. Toyota Camry vs. Honda Accord

1212223242527»

Comments

• abduulabduul Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Hi everyone. I have been confronted from being a big fan of Toyota because of the following information that contains first hand experience and lacks bad judgment.
    I used to be a big fan of Toyota cars but now I am just a fan. i used to hear that In Africa the most driven cars are Toyota ones.
    In 2008 I bought a Toyota car. I loved it because the only things it needed were oil change, gas, and car wash. At that time I was still a big fan of Toyota.
    I have many relatives here in San Diego. Each one has a car. My aunt has a Toyota one, my uncle Ford, and my cousin a Honda accord.. Sometimes i drive their cars to get their car's oil changed. The two cars I want to compare here are Honda and Toyota.
    Let me make along story short. The Honda accord that my cousin drives has over 140000 miles. If it needs maintenance it would be a cheap one. If u drive this car right now, u will want to buy it for some price. But a Camry car that one of my relatives drives spent nearly 700 dollars for a small problem. When ever I drive her car I always wish not to buy a car like her car.
    Now I own a 2005 Honda accord. It has 121000 miles on it. I have been using it for more than a year now. I drive over 50 miles a day and occasionally I go to Los Angles. The only things i been doing and do are change my oil every 3500 miles, changed my transmission oil every year, and make sure my air filter is clean.
    I love driving this car because it is fun to drive, makes u feel so comfortable, fuel efficient, beautiful outside and inside, and makes me feel like I am a celebrity. If u ask me wat my next car would be I will tell u without thinking that it should be a Honda accord 2006 or later.
    every car runs smooth when it is new but if you want to know the best car out there u need to look at a car that has more than 115 000 miles on it. If it is still runs smooth and cheap to maintain, like the two Honda accord i know, then that is a car u want to buy.
    my choice is and always will be a Honda Accord.
  • djm2djm2 Posts: 705
    Hi Vanman1:

"GM's 2.4L is a nice little engine, definitely one of the best 4 bangers around!" ------- (Compared to what vehicle???????)

Kindly be advised that I own a 2010 four cylinder Chevrolet LTZ Malibu and a 2007 XLE V6 Toyota Camry. ---- I have also owned a 2003 four cylinder Honda Accord!

The Malibu four cylinder engine does not come close in terms of performance and MPG as a Honda engine! ---- The truth is that GM is not capable of building a "high quality four cylinder engine!" ------ The GM engine lacks "passing power at 60 mph", and it does not get the advertised fuel mileage. ---- (This translates into the engine being a fraud!) ---- I have 8000+ miles mileage on my new four cylinder Malibu, and I am VERY UNHAPPY with the fuel mileage numbers, and the quality of the original equipment tires! ------- (My Honda & Camry came with mileage friendly Michelin tires.) ---- The fit and finish of the vehicle is GREAT, but the performance is not up to a Honda, Toyota of a Hyundai four cylinder vehicle. ---- GM did not do their homework on this vehicle! ----- They have the basis of a GREAT vehicle, but they did not finish the job! ------ Wake Up GM! ----- The foreign name plates are building better engines! ----- Why?

Best regards. ---------- Dwayne :shades: :confuse: ;) :)
  • There is so many variables with any used cars Toyotas, Hondas, or anything else. Was it wrecked, how old is it, how many miles, what accidents, how well was it maintained, etc... BTW If you feel like a celebrity driving 2005 Honda accord with 121000 miles, there is definitely something wrong with your understanding what real celebrities drive.
  • dispencer2dispencer2 Posts: 299
    Has anyone who bought a Malibu tested the Altima? My 25,000 miles 09 Cobalt coupe looks nice but is full of rattles. I don't know that I want to have the same problem with a new Malibu.
This discussion has been closed.