Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Equinox Real World MPG

14567810»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    trans_am_man,
    We're so glad to hear that you love your Equinox! Wishing you many more happy miles and a great holiday season!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Beware!!! I have a 2010 equinox that we purchased brand new off dealer lot. Oil has been religiously changed by our fleet mechanic every 3000 miles. Have had engine problems at 60,000 miles replaced camshafts. Now at 70,000 replacing lifters on right bank. Dealership is saying that Chevy sent out a bulletin stating that they would no longer cover warranty work when oil changes are not being done at the dealership. Needless to say we aren't backing down.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,013
    edited December 2012
    Sounds like that could be an issue with the FTC's tie-in provisions. (link)

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Which engine is having the problem 4 cyl or 6cyl? Was there a Dexos motor oil requirement for that engine in 2010?
    Do you already have a Service Request started with Chevrolet Customer Assistance? If not and if you would like for us to check into this further, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of the situation so far).

• I have a 2012 Equinox and it seems to have a hesitation. Also when putting into gear (whether drive or reverse) it seems to have difficulties going into gear and it makes a clinking noise. It almost seems as though a sensor is bad or it's not getting enough fuel or air-intake. It has less than 15,000 miles on it, the oil's been changed as well as tires rotated. I haven't taken it in yet to the dealer, just curious if anyone else has experienced something similar?
    Good morning the7murrays,

If you do decide to visit your dealership, please keep us posted on their findings! We're available to help you get an appointment set up if you wish - please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, the name of your preferred dealership, an a brief summary of the situation).

• ljskiljski Posts: 1
    I have 2012 Equinox w/ 20K miles and serviced regularly. Having similar hesitation problem occasionally when stepping on accelerator after being stopped. Actually stalled on me yesterday in a light rain. Will see dealer when possible.
  • jan21816jan21816 Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    Go asap or sooner. Once mine started to stall, it got worse and started happening almost daily. People have had it happen at highway speed in traffic. It's DANGEROUS. After service visit, it's never happened again to mine in 18 months.
    ljski,
    Keep us updated on when you do go in, and if you would like for us to work through that process with you we can be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
  • astengerastenger Posts: 1
    I have gone to the dealership about the hesitation. I don't feel safe merging at high speeds. I was told it was normal and there were no issues. I've contacted GM customer service and they stated that if the dealership said it is normal there is nothing that can be done. What do I do know?

Customer:
    Is there anything further I shoudl do with getting my car checked out for the hesitation?
    12:28:25
    Stephen:
    At this point the first thing we would have to do is have a GM dealership diagnose the vehicle. However if they state that the vehicle is operating as designed, nothing can be done to the vehicle because nothing has been deemed wrong or broken.
    12:29:40
    Customer:
    So the vehicle is designed to hesitate and jerk.... this isn't a safety concern when entering a highway... how do I know how to judge such a hesitation when merging in high speed traffic?
    12:31:01
    Stephen:
    The vehicle was not designed to hesitate, it is simply acting within the acceptable parameters. However as we discussed, if you feel it is not. You're more than welcome to have the issue diagnosed
    12:31:19
    Customer:
    I have had it diagnosed... thats why I am not talking to you
    12:31:43
    Customer:
    What is my next step above you because I am obviously not getting anywhere
    12:32:12
    Stephen:
    If you'd like, you may write a letter into our corporate offices
    Hello astenger,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forum. I understand it can be frustrating if the dealership isn't able to find the exact problem you are experiencing. I can suggest possibly going into another dealer for a second opinion. There is a chance they might be able to pinpoint the cause of your concerns. If you would like for me to locate another dealer in your area I would be happy to do so. Please keep me updated.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • teddy21teddy21 Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    I also have feel this hesitation. It very frustrating,you attempt to past and your setting there come on !!, go already. But I though this was the nature of the cars computer. There is some thing very wrong with the computer program. Whether or not it would cause accident or not, don't know.
    As for my blog. I have complained about poor gas millage. The dealership said there was nothing wrong with Nox. But when they did a update concerning the number miles driven before the next oil change. I started getting two to three more miles to gallon of gas. It would been nice if they had it program right for the first 25,000 miles so that I could have save money on my gas bill.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,013
    edited June 11

Any Equinox owners stumbling onto this discussion, it'd be nice to see some fresh mpg reports.

thanks!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

14567810»