Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra Diesel?

2»

Comments

• you think the toyota tundra diesel is going to be bad [non-permissible content removed]?
  • ltdan2ltdan2 Posts: 17
    wife works for toyota, brought home auto.news nov,5th. edition on page 4 shows new dual r-w tundra . has 8-literinline6 hino turbocharged diesel,eaton5-speed. spokesman for hino stated the motor was to big for the tundra ,but could be scaled down to around 6 liters
  • mikonmikon Posts: 7
    Toyota displayed a "concept" vehicle to get consumer feedback at the LA Auto show. As best I can recall, it had 20-inch wheels and used a Hino turbocharged, 6-cylinder, 500 HP, 800 lb-ft torque engine (I am sure about the torque number). It was a big honking dually that looked awesome. Nothing else I know of from Ford, Chevy, or Dodge comes close.
  • I have owned an 05 Camry 3.3 v6 and it was the worst motor bad on Fuel Regular and the tranny was horible had hard seats and if you steped on the gas pedal the car didnt know what to do.

I traded for an 07 camry very roomy but with a 2.4 just as bad on gas as the 3.3.

I now have an 05 TDI VW 2.0 turbo Passat a little smaller but it is a performer with 44 mpg. Also have a 98 MB e300 turbo 32 + mpg.

Toyota like the american market is trying to sellus on junk expensive hybrid's wake up Toyota we want the 4D. Why is toyota going to put out a v10 gas guzzler diesel...

Theres nothing out there like the Dodge Cummings Turbo Diesel 2 WD 25 26 mpg.

I hope Honda follows thru with its Accord Diesel.
  • Give it up dude, the whole bashing toyota thing is not working ,please do some research ,toyota is moving forward. :P
  • Dude im talking about toyota usa and its gassers they are not good.
  • Do some research dieseler, don't tell us about your small car experience. According to Consumer Reports the Tundra 5.7L V8 had the best fuel economy in the 2007 full size pickups. Both the engine and the truck made in the USA.
  • p35bhp55p35bhp55 Posts: 2
    I work for Hino in Marion AR. and we have started hearing whispers about an engine plant, either in Marion or Forrest City AR. There is room at the Marion site but air issues from being located next to Memphis. If Toyota does go deisel, it would surprise me if the engine came from anywhere but Hino.

As far as the poster complaining of bad Toyota gas mileage, it's a fact. They have been forced to redo EPA stickers to reflect real world conditions. There is still a lot of old stuff on the net, go look at the stickers on the cars. My paycheck comes from Toyota (we are a dedicated Tundra parts plant) and I just bought a new Pontiac, didn't make me a big hit with the Japanese supporters at our plant, but a Scion TC that only claims 27 HWY. wasn't going to cut it.
    BTW, our supporters swear the FJ Cruiser was a Hino design and Toyota took it.
  • I think that toyota should build a toyota tundra 3500 series/ diesle dually truck.
    But i think that if they really want it to sell the have to drop a cummins engine in it.
  • Toyota already has a great diesel, which is called Hino. It won't be long before they put them in the Tundra for those of us that need a strong pulling truck
2»