Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Blazer GMC Jimmy Electrical Problems

1141516171820»

Comments

• I can not open the tailgate of my blazer 2000. When pressing the button sounds like it is trying but does not open.
  • bob_55bob_55 Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    If you do have to replace the signal switch, or any part, for an even cheaper solution try an auto-wrecker. However the two down sides are: 1) You may have to get the part out yourself. Get the part out of the wrecked car first, that way you can figure out how it is removed without worrying about breaking the "decorative" plastic pieces on the steering column. The other problem 2) is that the part you are getting may have (or soon have) a similar issue. That being said at $20 each it is much cheaper.

I go to http://www.picknpull.com for my wrecking parts.
  • bob_55bob_55 Posts: 3
    edited March 24
    If you do have to replace the signal switch, or any part, for an even cheaper solution try an auto-wrecker. However the two down sides are: 1) You may have to get the part out yourself. Get the part out of the wrecked car first, that way you can figure out how it is removed without worrying about breaking the "decorative" plastic pieces on the steering column. The other problem 2) is that the part you are getting may have (or soon have) a similar issue. That being said at $20 each it is much cheaper.

[non-permissible content removed]

One more thing...

REMOVE THE NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL FOR THIS REPAIR!!!

When working around the steering wheel there is always the chance that you might trigger the airbag.
  • I have the same sound of the signal without the signal light issue (The sound is the relay behind the glove box). Mine started with the timed wipers not working correctly; then went to the signal sound; and finally the heater fan quit. My guess is it is the signal switch causing my first two problems and the heater issue is a fuse that blew because of the original signal switch problem.

I will post when I find the solution.
  • mstarkeymstarkey Posts: 1
    Hi I have a 1998 Blazer that my brother and I just replaced the heater core in(what a pain!) after we were all done I am having some issues with the dome light and radio shut off. The dome light wont come on at all, not even with the wheel switch, unless i open one of the back two doors(4 door). Also the radio wont shut off unless I open one of the back doors. I checked the 2 front door switches and they are both plugged back in, as we had to disassemble the whole dash to do the heater core. It worked fine before the heater core project, so i assume the switches didn't just go bad, or is that a possibility? I did break one of the small courtesy bulbs on the passenger side floorboard area so i thought a fuse may have been blown, but that doesn't seem to be the case, and yes i replaced the bulb.
  • bitterbitter Posts: 22
    I believe that you should go back and inspect the wire for the front door switches again. All of your malfunctions are predicated on the door opening. Make sure that all connections are securely affixed and tight. Have to start somewhere.

Bitter
  • bitterbitter Posts: 22
    Anyone no anything about an Electrical problem with an 03 Trail Blazer resulting in the key being stuck in the ignition? The vehicle starts right up and shuts off but the key wont turn completely back to the remove position. The gear selector button will not depress and the blower motor will not come on. The blinkers will not function and the service 4wheel drive light is on in the dash. This all happened at once. Any answers or suggestions? I have changed the ignition switch (small black box in steering column) and the key lock cylinder. Twice! Can anyone point me in the right direction? There also is an issue with reduce engine power activating continuously. It used to only do it in cold weather. Now it doesn't matter what temp. I hate to say that my used Toyota and Honda has been of better service to me than my new Chevy's. This is what makes me "bitter." First my Blazer and now my Trail Blazer.
  • I have a ticking sound in motor 4.3 think its a lifter or some thing else low oil presser and a slight mise in the moter as well or a rocker to I think?? cant figer out the back wiper dose not work may be the motor is bad in it as well and dose not engage into 4 wheel drive all so?
  • i am having a starting problem with my 1995 blazer ls it starts every once and a while but it seems like the battery is disconected but everything is tight with the battery