Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Honda CR-V

Comments

• c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
    While I agree that the Japanese produced Hondas have had their share of problems, they have been slightly better in my experience, especially in terms of fit and finish. I have seen some pretty bad interior fit problems on Canadian and US produced Hondas (the MDX and Odyssey were known for this in the early days).
  • c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
    Damn, that front end is going to be hard to look at.... almost looks like a boat with a car hood.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Posts: 215
    I like the cr-v but the wheels on the LX are terrible.
  • bostnwhalrbostnwhalr Posts: 128
    The navy blue color looks to hide that controversial beak (which I could live with, since I'll be driving most of the time anyway). The rest of the vehicle looks to be a nice package. The interior looks particularly impressive compared with the RAV-4. I rented A RAV4 from Budget recently. I liked it overall, but the rear hatch reminded me too much of my Isuzu Trooper hatch. Also, the quality of the materials inside were just ok and rear seat was small (you had to extend the headrest completely to get any real support). The power, ride quality and overall driving characteristics were great however. Very decent acceleration with the 4cyl. No problem getting up to 70-80 and holding that speed. Plenty of power.

I think that if you can do w/o the V-6, the CR-V is the way to go. If you need a V-6 or puny 3rd row seat, then it's not. Too bad the 3.0L V-6 from the Accord wasn't offered in the CR-V. Even that motor would be relatively impressive and you wouldn't interfere with the 3.5 V-6 in the Pilot.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    I can live with the styling from most angles, even the odd rear quarter windows, but, man, that front end is Fugly! Looks like 2 different cars superimposed onto each other! The front is just plain ugly from any and all angles. :cry: I thought Honda had hit rock bottom with the rear end of the Accord, but they have now outdone themselves. :sick:
  • drive62drive62 Posts: 637
    The navy blue color looks to hide that controversial beak (which I could live with, since I'll be driving most of the time anyway).

Someone with the right attitude about the front end. When I am driving a vehicle I'm not looking at the front end. And I certainly don't care what anyone else thinks of it. YMMV
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Nissan has had terrible luck regarding quality

Yes, but our point is Honda hasn't. One exception doesn't change that.

Look at Toyota - the big recall that invovled the Prius and other models affected ONLY models that were made in Japan.

The US transplants for the established brands have done quite well, including Honda, Toyota, and Subaru. Nissan, Mercedes, and BMW have had problems.

The navy blue color looks to hide that controversial beak

That I agree with. But the gen II also looked better in dark colors, since the black plastic bumper wrapped up around the sides of its grille.

-juice
  • bostnwhalrbostnwhalr Posts: 128
    Thanks. I indeed can live with the nose, but I'm not so sure I could deal if the whole vehicle was ugly.

The rest of the CR-V package looks great.
    Rear backup cam - nice! Is that a first in this class?

Screen could be bigger, what is that about 4-5". I'd prefer that the LCD took up that entire space and they used touch-screen technology. Or move the buttons elsewhere.

2 center consoles, it seems. I'd prefer it if the fixed console were taller. It could be a lot bigger. Maybe move it up so it could be an armrest.

Two glove boxes, but wouldn't one big one make more sense? Each of those looks small.

Guages looks great.

Shifter reminds me of the Highlander's.

Rear shelf is like the Equinox, sort of mid-height so it can be a shelf. Or lay it flat, which the RDX also has.

Here's a mistake, though - you can't cover tall cargo at all. Basically if you put the shelf in place you cut your cargo space in half.

Love the 40/20/40 seats. Very flexible.

I spotted heated seat switches, and plenty of buttons on the steering wheel. Probably the high-end model.

The one thing that stands out in the interior that I don't like are the GIANT door pulls, what's with that? Other than that I think they really nailed the interior design.

Looks good.

-juice
  • Does anyone see the emergency brake in the photos?

I'm having trouble figuring out where it could be?!?
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,900
    Parking Brake - looks to be floor operated. You can just see it here with the white writing on it:

image">
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,900
    Screen could be bigger, what is that about 4-5". I'd prefer that the LCD took up that entire space and they used touch-screen technology. Or move the buttons elsewhere. More than likely it's voice activated so touch screen isn't required IMHO.
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Posts: 5,525
    2 center consoles, it seems. I'd prefer it if the fixed console were taller. It could be a lot bigger. Maybe move it up so it could be an armrest.

Like the current CR-V, the armrest is on the sides of the seats.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    Juice - The gearing for the 1st gen CR-V was short. The 2nd gen still had short gearing, but it wasn't quite as low. That applied to both the auto and manual. This 3rd gen has gearing that is shorter than the 2nd gen, though I'd have to do some digging to see if it's shorter than the first gen.

Others - Most of time, troubled plants are new plants. The 1999 Ody was the first large vehicle produced at that line. New equipment, new workers, new processes. We saw something similar when Honda started assembly in the south around the MMC. This has nothing to do with where the plant is located. New lines in Japan have resulted in lousy quality vehicles.

However, after a few years, the differences between an experienced plant and one that is several years old start to fade. Honda is going through the same process in one of the plants where they assemble the Fit for sale overseas. That plant is less than a year old and rapidly approaching their targets for quality.

Pics - These are my random observations...

I like the double glove box arrangement. This is much better than the uncovered storage shelf in the dash of the 2nd gen CR-V. Interesting that the latch for the top compartment is off-center so the driver can reach it, but the bottom latch is centered. Why not have both this way?

I preferred the button-in-dial approach to the HVAC controls on the 2nd gen CR-V. The dials were larger and the buttons are easier to operate by feel when they are placed in the center of a dial.

Center stack, gauge pod, and other controls all look fine. It's about time they put in a trip computer! Everyone put your hands together for the return of a real dead pedal.

That stupid shelf system in the cargo area interferes with the use of the full cargo space. Love the fact that the rear seats still slide fore and aft. I am so happy to see that earlier rumors about an RDX-sized cargo space were bogus. Why can't they get rid of those annoying L-shaped gussets on the leading edge of the rear wheel arches?

All in all, this is a nice step up from the current model... except the nose.
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Posts: 675
    Actually the Navi will be both touch screen and voice command. Looks to be the same one use for the Civic.
    Not sure I like the two glove boxes. RAV4 has that too, though. I'd just rather see one big one.

Arm rests - I wonder if only the passenger gets one? Now that all models are automatic there's no reason not to put 2 of them on there. Especially on models with the fixed center console - the walk-through is gone.

Again, though, it would make more sense to me to just make the center console a lot bigger and let the top of that serve as arm rests for both.

Everyone put your hands together for the return of a real dead pedal.

That gets thunderous applause from me.

-juice
  • nimrod99nimrod99 Posts: 343
    I don't believe it - how could Honda get rid of the "recirc" button and move to using a "Max A/C" button?
    that's what US auto makers use. There is no independant control of the cabin recirc air?

what if I want to close the outside air when I am behind a bus spewing diesel fumes, or on a dusty road?
  • ccacpccacp Posts: 117
    These are major drwabacks to me for the CR-V not to have these 2 features on the EX-L navi version.
    What do all of you think ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,792
    Current CR-V has a MaxAir switch... still has a separate recirc button.. I doubt that will change..

Foot operated parking brake? I know it is auto only, but I still like the hand brake..

Current automatic models also have a driver's armrest..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

So what does "Max A/C" do if there is a separate recirc button?

On American Cars - MAX A/C is recirc but they tie it into A/C only.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,792
    Well.. it kicks in the recirculation mode...

But, you can kick in recirculation manually, as well.. I think the CR-V has always (GenI and GenII) had it this way..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• giltibogiltibo Posts: 6
    The RDX will be made in Marysville (Along with the Accord and TL) and the CR-V in East Liberty (Along with Civic Sedans and Elements)
  • ralph9ralph9 Posts: 88
    The leather seats seem to have a substantial amount of wrinkles. My 2005 Pilot's leather seats are a different configuration without wrinkles. Are wrinkles expected for these type of seats?
    You gotta stop tailgating diesel trucks. ;)

I'm not a fan of climate control or power seats, so that's OK with me. Honda was probably trying to stick to a price point. Maybe those will be added to high-end models later on.

2 armrests are better than 1. I guess that makes them Captain's Chairs. But I still would rather see a bigger center console.

-juice
    Thanks - but that is kind of redundant? (Having a manual recirc button and a Max A/C Button)

On the Highlander with Auto Climate control, AC and Recir can be deselected independantly by the driver.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    I too prefer a hand-operated parking brake.

Wonder why they couldn't put the parking brake on the floor like they did for the 1st gen CR-V? There should be sufficient space for it since the console doesn't extend all the way back and the centre tray folds down.

Actually, in this era of electronics, shouldn't all mechanical parking brakes be laid to rest, and replaced by self-releasing electronic parking brakes? No more unsightly levers, awkward foot-brakes, and no more absent-minded souls driving around with the parking brake engaged! :blush:
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Posts: 490
    I'm glad to see Honda kept the folding center tray on the '07. The interior seems more roomy without a connecting console.

If you can keep the folding tray empty, this feature is really nice when you have kids in car seats. My wife uses it when it is raining or cold to access my kids (in park of course).

Overall, the CRV looks really great. The interior is a knockout. If only the grille was not recessed on the nose.

Like my wife says, buy a car for its ride & interior. Nice looking exteriors are a bonus.
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Posts: 5,525
    Wonder why they couldn't put the parking brake on the floor like they did for the 1st gen CR-V?

Apparently, Honda has put parking break in CR-V for another market (possibly, European). One of the interior shots in this picture shows that.
This discussion has been closed.