Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Honda CR-V

Comments

• kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    Current CR-V has a MaxAir switch... still has a separate recirc button.. I doubt that will change..

Foot operated parking brake? I know it is auto only, but I still like the hand brake..

Current automatic models also have a driver's armrest..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• nimrod99nimrod99 Posts: 343
    So what does "Max A/C" do if there is a separate recirc button?

On American Cars - MAX A/C is recirc but they tie it into A/C only.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    Well.. it kicks in the recirculation mode...

But, you can kick in recirculation manually, as well.. I think the CR-V has always (GenI and GenII) had it this way..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• giltibogiltibo Posts: 6
    The RDX will be made in Marysville (Along with the Accord and TL) and the CR-V in East Liberty (Along with Civic Sedans and Elements)
  • ralph9ralph9 Posts: 88
    The leather seats seem to have a substantial amount of wrinkles. My 2005 Pilot's leather seats are a different configuration without wrinkles. Are wrinkles expected for these type of seats?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    You gotta stop tailgating diesel trucks. ;)

I'm not a fan of climate control or power seats, so that's OK with me. Honda was probably trying to stick to a price point. Maybe those will be added to high-end models later on.

2 armrests are better than 1. I guess that makes them Captain's Chairs. But I still would rather see a bigger center console.

-juice
  • nimrod99nimrod99 Posts: 343
    Thanks - but that is kind of redundant? (Having a manual recirc button and a Max A/C Button)

On the Highlander with Auto Climate control, AC and Recir can be deselected independantly by the driver.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    I too prefer a hand-operated parking brake.

Wonder why they couldn't put the parking brake on the floor like they did for the 1st gen CR-V? There should be sufficient space for it since the console doesn't extend all the way back and the centre tray folds down.

Actually, in this era of electronics, shouldn't all mechanical parking brakes be laid to rest, and replaced by self-releasing electronic parking brakes? No more unsightly levers, awkward foot-brakes, and no more absent-minded souls driving around with the parking brake engaged! :blush:
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Posts: 490
    I'm glad to see Honda kept the folding center tray on the '07. The interior seems more roomy without a connecting console.

If you can keep the folding tray empty, this feature is really nice when you have kids in car seats. My wife uses it when it is raining or cold to access my kids (in park of course).

Overall, the CRV looks really great. The interior is a knockout. If only the grille was not recessed on the nose.

Like my wife says, buy a car for its ride & interior. Nice looking exteriors are a bonus.
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Posts: 5,525
    Wonder why they couldn't put the parking brake on the floor like they did for the 1st gen CR-V?

Apparently, Honda has put parking break in CR-V for another market (possibly, European). One of the interior shots in this picture shows that.
    Having Max A/C eliminates the need to turn on the recirc button. Most people don't know it anyway, so all they have to do to maximize effect of AC is to use "max a/c" instead. You can still select it independently if you want. CR-V simply provides that alternative (pretty much like the windshield defogger that will turn on the AC which you can turn off if you preferred that).
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,719
    "I too prefer a hand-operated parking brake."

Since there is no manual transmission available, the hand brake location is not critical. The only time one actually needs a hand brake is when the clutch has to be manipulated with the left foot.

For AT, just about any location will do.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Posts: 215
    With a hand brake you can control the use of the e-brake. You can ease off etc.
    I like that much more.
    Not a deal killer for me but just a con on the cr-v's design.
    Hmm..perhaps hand brake will be late addition to North American market? I remember the pre-launch info for the 1st generation showed a Japanese-market CR-V without the hand brake, but later the NA version was confirmed with hand brake.
    Yes, that's one benefit. Also for me personally, I've used a hand brake all my life for all but one car (CL-S), so operating the hand brake has become almost a reflex action. Now, whenever I drive a car with a foot brake (ie. rental), I have to think, and look for the foot brake. Many times I have almost driven off without releasing the brake. The push-on, push-off kind of foot brake I find especially awkward to use, because it's the same action for both operations (set, and release). My brain is just too used to one distinct action for one operation and a different action for the other (ie. Stop car and yank up on brake lever vs. Push down lever and drive off)
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Posts: 675
    you better check you "build sheet" then...they are coming from Europe right now.
    Thats interesting, because I didn't think CR-Vs were going to be imported from Europe anymore.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I suspect Steve is right. When they made the decision that no manual transmissions would make it here, perhaps they ditched the hand brake, too.

I just think they could use all that space for a bigger center console.

Look at the Pilot's, it's brilliant. There is an acre of room in there. My wife's cousin has one and it fits a large purse. And an iPod. And 2 cell phones. And several CDs. And...

-juice
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Posts: 675
    well, not thinking and having the data from Honda are two entirely different things.

Don't look for CR-V to be built here until the Indiana plant get built. Honda is maxed out right now for production space.
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,652
    Unlike juice, I do like that feature. It gives you the ability to separate items into more logical storage areas. Also, I think it's easier to search through two smaller glove boxes than one huge glove box.

Several vehicles have this feature, not just the RAV4.

As to the rest of the interior, it looks very attractive. I think Honda did a good job here.

Finally, I don't think the "nose" will hinder sales much, if at all.

Bob