Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Honda CR-V

Comments

• jmurman42jmurman42 Posts: 675
    actually CR-V is made in two places, Japan and Swindon, England.

We think that the 2007 will still be made in the same mfg plant as the 2006's however, Honda is starting a mfg line here in the US. Don't know if the 2007 will be made here or not.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    CRV's much better than average reliability was because they were made in Japan.

Not necessarily...our 2003 Accord EX was made in Japan, and likely could have been declared a lemon. My dad's 2005 (54k miles now) and my 1996 and 2006 Accords (162k and 8k miles, respectively) are all basically trouble free and were built in the Ohio plant. Knock on wood, but my repair costs on my old Accord are well below (i'm talking hundreds) $1,000 for the life of the car so far.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Posts: 215
    I've read it will be more like 170 hp.

I sure hope Honda releases spy pixs of the interior soon. I want to see if they have the "Civic" like dash in it.
  • drive62drive62 Posts: 637
    I pronounce it UIF - Ugly In Front!

Do you routinely sit and stare at the front of your vehicle and ponder it's beauty? Do you think other people will find it "ugly" as they see you drive by? You've driven Hondas before that wouldn't be characterized as beautiful. Overreaction to the styling is running rampant.
    It should have the 166 hp engine straight from the Accord I-4.
  • saabgirlsaabgirl Posts: 184
    Do you routinely sit and stare at the front of your vehicle and ponder it's beauty?

Well, not routinely, but humans are "sight hunters," so curb appeal counts, I think. In a tight market where the choice is between good/good, not good/bad, an irrational like/dislike can tilt the decision one way or another.

The other day, I had four female members of the famn damily and two guys in my computer room, and we did a highly scientific survey: "Here's a pic of the '07 CR-V. Do you like it better than the '05 in the driveway?" Both guys (I'm one of them) preferred the unadorned '05 style. All the members of the female persuasion liked the '07. So maybe Honda knows what it's doing.

They get the CR-V. We get the Pilot and Ridgeline.
    I still think 170 as there are rumors they will tweak the engine to gain a few more horses. I think they did that on the rav4 which uses a camry motor but rates higher HP than the camry. :confuse:

Until we get an announcement from Honda its all rumors anyways. :D
    I just hope they find some way to out do the rav4s mpg.
    Can we assume it will have a 5 speed auto trans?
  • danpf1danpf1 Posts: 80
    I think the designer of the 2007 CR-V must be a pretty boy who stands in front of a mirror all day long saying to himself how pretty he looks. I also think that Honda took a back ward step, by not coming out this year with a CR-V Hybrid that can be used as a toad and recharge it bat tries while being towed. I have a 1998 EX and think it is one of the best and most reliable CR-V's built. The thing I like most about it, is that it is very utilitarian and can be towed and gets very good gas mileage, but a towable Hybrid would have been even better and a utilitarian design would have played up to it's role as a great all around outdoor vehicle. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Dan
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,732
    "Do you routinely sit and stare at the front of your vehicle and ponder it's beauty? Do you think other people will find it "ugly" as they see you drive by? You've driven Hondas before that wouldn't be characterized as beautiful. Overreaction to the styling is running rampant."

Tell it to Pontiac and the two people who bought the Aztec SUV. 'Nuf said. California is a big market for the CR-V, and Californians are pretty picky on being at least non-offensive, and preferrably trendy, in their vehicles. To a large extent, you ARE what you drive out here. I owned a 2003 CR-V; I would hesitate to buy the 2007.

Yes, exterior matters to the buyer. And come to think of it, the Aztec had a split front end look as well.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    The 2007 CR-V on the 3rd generation will have the following features which were not available on the 2nd generation: Telescopic Steering Wheel, Bi-Level Digital Readout Instrument Panel, Center Console with: Floor Shifter, Extra Large Storage Compartment and Cupholders, Variable Intermitent Windshield Wipers, Automatic Climate Control System on EX and EX-L and Daytime Running Lights!!! This info comes from a Dealership Pre-Order Fact Sheet!!! Enjoy!!!

I have both of those in my 2005 CR-V EX 5M.
    The CR-V looks like it going the way of the latest trend these days, a crossover vehicle. Slowly the car makers are working their way back to the station wagon.

I think people are making too much of the front end of this vehicle. The civic and accord easily have much less appealing front ends than the 07 CR-V in my opinion.
    The vehicle does look more refined and the new instrument cluster will be "civic" like. After seeing a few of the blue tint instrument clusters I think that style is beginning to grow on me.
    I'm fighting my natural inclination to resist change.
  • steveayzsteveayz Posts: 28
    Does anyone know if new CR-V will be bigger then a current one? Is it going to be as big as RAV-4?
    Center Console with: Floor Shifter,

I have...(that)...in my 2005 CR-V EX 5M.

Were they not referring to an Automatic transmission I presume?
    Actually, the Rav4s new size put it within an inch of the outgoing CR-V. Before it was over a foot shorter, 167 inches in length, I believe. I wouldn't think Honda would shrink the length much if at all.

The 2002-2006 CR-V length is 181 inches. The new RAV4s length is 181.1 inches.
  • toasttoast Posts: 50
    Anyone know if the 2007 will have XM Radio?
    Purely speculation here, but since the latest Honda models with leather are equipped with XM radio, I would expect the EX-L CR-V (top-level trim) to have XM radio, but wouldn't expect it on lesser models.
  • yysyysyysyys Posts: 51
    The 2007 CR-V has a 104.3 in. wheelbase, up 1 inch from 2006. The cargo hold, with the back seats folded flat, is down to 61 cubic feet vs. 72 cubic feet in the 2006! Minimum Ground Clearance is also down to 5.12 inches vs. 8.1 inches in the 2006! The roof line is also lower 1.5 inches less at it's highest point up front and 3.4 inches lower in the rear compared to the 2006! The Interior will be upgraded, though, compared to the 2006! Overall the lower chasis will translate to a better handling vehilcle with a sportier feel and smoother ride! A DVD and Navigation setup will be offered in upscale models! I hope this info will help you until the official release date comes along, just a little over 2 months"
    The Plastic Grill just below the Hood Overhang that resembles a smile may incorporate 3 horizontal fins 'BLACKENED OUT' on lower models or on all final production models, depending on final management decisions"

THE NEW CRV IS BEIN BUILT IN LIBERTY, OH.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    Yeah, this is the info that had me thinking the CR-V was going to flop in a big way. Small cargo, no clearance, smaller cargo opening, etc.

But I'm now hearing these figures are half-truth. The wheelbase and other items (which can be assumed from the RDX) are likely correct.

However, the rest of it is very suspect. For example, the cargo space (based on a report from someone who attended the press release) is supposedly very similar in volume to the current model, just shaped differently.

But that's unconfirmed, as well.
    Edmunds reports the RD-X as having 61 cu. ft. of cargo space with the seats folded. Just an FYI.