Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Honda CR-V

Comments

• kipkkipk Posts: 1,576
    I gotta try a Buck knife. Wife still complaining. (See above)

BTW dewaltdakota yes the beard burn is a bit more than desired. I don't even think about aftershave. :cry:

Kip
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I drove a Vue Redline. If the Greenline has the same electric power steering I'd pass. Vague as anything. The seats are also under-padded, especially the rear seat.

Motorweek tested a group of small SUVs and their Vue Greenline only got 1 mpg better than their CR-V did. Barely worth mentioning the gas you (supposedly) save.

-juice
  • guru_gguru_g Posts: 52
    What you experienced is called the Helmholtz resonator and it happens in a lot of cars.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Acoustics/Flow-induced_oscillations_of_a_Helmholtz_- resonator
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,785
    "It is a nice looking car and has the Pilot V6 under the hood. "

Pilot V6 is gone for 2007, replaced by a Chevy power plant.
    Yep, the new Vue gets the 3.6l GM mill from the Outlook/Acadia.

No more Honda engines.

I'm surprised Saturn milked that deal for that long. I believe GM gave Honda a few diesel engines for Europe, but that stopped a while ago since Honda makes their own diesels now. Not sure how GM managed to extend that deal.

-juice
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,785
    "Yep, the new Vue gets the 3.6l GM mill from the Outlook/Acadia.

No more Honda engines. "

FWIW, it was also a Honda Pilot AWD transmission.
  • jacksy3jacksy3 Posts: 14
    We bought the CR-V!
    Picking it up tomorrow after work. Found it for MSRP and they had the exact one we wanted. We're excited.
    I wish there was a diesel in the cars here like they have in Europe. When do you think that will happen?
  • sgrigorysgrigory Posts: 17
    I need to put a receiver hitch on my 2007 CRV-EXL.

It's primarily for a swing-out bike rack. The rack I've chosen is for the the larger sized receiver.

Has anyone here installed this, (even in the smaller size) on their CRV?

I have shopped at a shop the sells just racks/receivers/etc, U-Haul and the dealer. I've not seen a CRV with a receiver installed and I'm looking to find one that doesn't stick out too far, doesn't look crappy, etc.

Any feedback or experiences appreciated.

Thanks...
  • I installed a Curt Hitch with the 2" drawbar opening. The hitch mounted right up, is way cheaper, and far sturdier than the Honda factory hitch.

">Dennis
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    I think the CRV will get a diesel in Fall '08.
  • Here's pics of the Curt Brute 2.5 (2") receiver, installed on a 2007 CR-V:

Credit goes to GreenTeaCRV, over on another board, for the pics...
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Only, they didn't work :cry:
  • Refresh the page... I've been working on the links. :blush:
    Now they are just BIG empty spaces, with the red x in the corner. I'm not trying to pick on you :) , but just letting someone know (it may not be your fault/problem) the pictures aren't working. :)

I for one do not care much about the pics (we don't have a CR-V anymore) but I'm sure those interested in the rack you were talking about would want to see.
  • Not a problem... I had to make adjustments to the links, to get them to work in both Firefox and IE.
    Ah, I see. Have a good evening (and I REALLY wasn't trying to be a pest) :D
  • jacksy3jacksy3 Posts: 14
    Really? I would have waited a year. Though I don't know much about honda diesels.
  • stevecarstevecar Posts: 148
    I had a u-haul hitch on my forrester that I just traded for the crv. On that model car you only saw the receiver part under the bumper. I don't know how their new one will look, but I'd like to wait to see.
  • Apparently, U-haul does have a receiver out for the 2007 CR-V.

Hitches for a 2007 Honda CR-V
    Hitch#: 78221
    Type: Round
    Class: 3
    Max weight: 4000
    Max distribution weight: N/A
    Finish: Black
    Price: $124.95

Now, we just need to convince someone to buy and install one, so we can see what it looks like! :shades:
    "Yep, the new Vue gets the 3.6l GM mill from the Outlook/Acadia.

No more Honda engines. "

FWIW, it was also a Honda Pilot AWD transmission.

OH wonderful! That should be a great leap forward for GM! :sick:
  • c_hunterc_hunter Posts: 4,487
    I have seen several hitch photos for the RDX (which as you may know is the platform cousin of the CR-V). Hidden-Hitch looks the best -- you only see the receiver poking out. The other hitches (including the Acura hitch) stick out like the one shown above and are kind of ugly. Definitely check out Hidden-Hitch options for the CR-V. I believe Draw-Tite is also fairly well hidden.
  • stevecarstevecar Posts: 148
    It pays to have a sense of humor. I'll stop in this week and ask them if they know what it looks like.
    Actually, I was impressed with the powertrain in the Saturn Outlook.

That engine is also shared with the Caddy CTS, and has been well received in that car.

I wouldn't automatically assume it's a disadvantage, especially given it was the Honda tranny mated to the 3.5l that had lots of problems in recent years (up to '04 or so).

-juice
    Time will tell. :)

Kip
  • pegwinkspegwinks Posts: 13
    Really, $200 under invoice? That would be approximately $2,000 off sticker? Just curious. . . .
  • jerry kjerry k Posts: 45
    I think he means $200 under MSRP! There is no way you're getting this car under invoice - after its popularity has grown!
  • pegwinkspegwinks Posts: 13
    That's what I thought he meant, but I wanted to check. Thanks.
  • Recently took delivery of a 2007 CRV EX-L (Silver/Black interior) after waiting 2 months (4 miles on the odometer). After reading some of the posts here I was alittle skeptical, ie, windshield distortion, leaks, noises, etc. I have found absolutely no problems. This car is the most solid I have ever owned. Plenty of power (at least for my needs). Not a noise or rattle anywhere. I am extremely pleased with this car and would recommend it highly.
    Congratulations. :shades:

-juice
  • Congrats, and welcome to the family! :shades:
This discussion has been closed.