Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Honda CR-V

1888990919294»

Comments

• By orders of Steve.

Towing Your Vehicle Behind A Motorhome

Your vehicle can be towed behind a motor home at legal highway speeds up to 65 mph (100 km/h). Do not exceed 65 mph (100 km/h) otherwise , severe transmission damage will occur. To avoid damage to the 4WD system, Your vehicle must be towed with all four wheels on the ground (Flat towing).

When Purchasing a tow bar, Make sure you select a reputable manufacturer and installer. Follow the Manufacturer's attachment instruction carefully.

Perform the following procedure every day immediately before you begin towing. Otherwise severe automatic transmission damage will occur.

1) Check the Transmission Fluid 2) Start the Engine 3) Press on the brake pedal. Move the shift lever through all its position. 4) Shift to D, then N. Let the engine run for 3 minutes, then turn off. 5) Release the parking brake 6) Leave the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY (I) position so the steering wheel does not lock. Make sure the radio and any items plugged into the accessory power sockets are turned off so you do not run down the battery.

When you stop towing your vehicle and shift out of the Neutral position, you may not be able to move the shift lever form neutral to reverse or Park. If this happens, press the brake pedal and turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, then shift out of Neutral.

Extended Towing: If you tow more than 8 hr in one day, you MUST repeat the above procedures at LEAST EVERY 8 HRS.

When towing your vehicle for long period, remove the 7.5 A accessory Radio fuse to reduce drain on the battery. This fuse is located in the interior fuse box and is shown as # 34.

Only remove the fuse after you have performed the transmission shifting procedure, and the key is in the ACCESSORY (I) position. Remember to reinstall the fuse before driving the vehicle.

If you tow a CR-V behind a mortorhome, the transmission fluid must be changed every 2 Yrs or 30,000 miles which every come first.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,144
    :D

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I bought a 2007 CRV last fall and have noticed for the past several months that I am getting shocked when I get out of the car. This is happening to my family too so I know it isn't just me. This is our first SUV so I don't know if it is a problem with a SUV or just the CRV. I have a friend who leased a CRV and they had the same issue. She ended up getting the Odessy after a few short months. Please help because this is my only complaint about the car.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    I bought a 2007 CRV last fall and have noticed for the past several months that I am getting shocked when I get out of the car. This is happening to my family too so I know it isn't just me. This is our first SUV so I don't know if it is a problem with a SUV or just the CRV. I have a friend who leased a CRV and they had the same issue. She ended up getting the Odessy after a few short months. Please help because this is my only complaint about the car.

Th combination of seat materials, clothes, shoes and dryer weather generate more static.

I notice that if I wear sneakers I get shocked more than if I wore leather shoes (leather soles). Also, depends on what sweater I wear. Wool sweater generates the most static, while cotton thermal does not generate much at all.
  • eeshwareeshwar Posts: 2
    My Honda CRV has 30000 miles and its tires need to be changed. TPMS indicator is getting displayed on the dash board.

I need help with the following questions.

(# Tire Size: 225/65R17 102T )

1. Can some one recommend a good brand ?

2. If I go to Costco and ask them to install tires, what happens to old tires sensors? Do I need to get new sensors for these tires so that TPMS works well with the new tires or do they take from old tires and put them on the new ones?

3. Or is it a good idea to get the new tires at the dealer?
  • loomisbloomisb Posts: 2
    I have only a few complaints really about the CRV that I own,
    one is tthe windows , they are so thin that if they are down at a certain level vibrate so bad that it feels like you eardrums are going to burst,,,,,, this happens on my friends toyota also so guess they are probably all getting them from China.....second is that if you have the plain model as I do, that the windshield wipers never really stay defrosted because the defroster doesn't go down far enough into the pocket where the windshield wipers are stored.... not so good here in upstate N.Y, and AHHHHHHH the wonderful piece of c#$p tires......It is not easy to find tires to fit the CRV,especially to be able to afford them..don't go to the dealer!!! Don't get the wipers at the dealer either,BIG BUCKS!!!! I would recommend that anyone who buys a new CRV have the tires changed before you leave the lot,,, they have no tread,so they were faster and are very bad even in a small rain storm.. I do feel safe in the car ,,that is why I am looking for a new one,It feels like I am in a little tank and it's built solid, I think the 2010 haven't changed at all... I just hope that they haven't done what the states have done here and gone cheap and put quality on the back shelf,,,the only thing I did have a problem with is that before 50,000 miles my back rotors,pads and calipers were shot..... not sure if this is normal.... I mean I drive all highway so I thought that they should have lasted longer than that,,,They are a rough riding vehichle that is for sure,but they are a truck not a car,,,but the seats really do suck..I drive 500+ miles in a week and let me tell you if I could put some good old chevy seats in it It would be the perfect car.. I really hope that Honda reads these messages.... I am going for our 3rd Honda and don't want to be dissappointed.... BUT FIX THE TIRES!!! They are going to end up causing someine an accident they are not safe... even on dry road you can feel them slip.....
  • loomisbloomisb Posts: 2
    I was also told that you can't get 2wd CRV's in Northeast ..which they should not be making that decision for us ,we know what we can drive and need where we live....they are more weight ,more money and less economic on your gas.....
  • I don't think so, I live in RI and I bought a 2wd.
  • tocatoca Posts: 147
    It all depends how much you want to spend? At the low end, you could buy Bridgestone Insignia SE200's or at the high end, you could go with Michelin Latitude Tour or Yokohama Geolandar G91A's. Definitely can't go wrong with either of these two.
    Are you sure the noise is due to the harmonic resonance and not the window glass at all?

The OEM tires are not going to be top quality tires. They are a wear and tear item, and if you get 30,000 miles out of them, consider your self lucky. Check out http://www.tirerack.com and http://www.discounttires.com for tire alternatives.

Brakes, especially in upstate NY need to be serviced at the end of winter driving season. the caliper sliding pins have to be cleaned and lubricated. Brakes should be serviced at leat once a year, regardless of make and model. It is just a safe thing to do.

Good luck.
    My Honda CRV has 30000 miles and its tires need to be changed. TPMS indicator is getting displayed on the dash board.

Are you sure the TPMS is programmed to indicated tire wear? I am pretty sure TPMS only monitors tire pressure.
  • Just changed ours @ 35k. Went with Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas because Costco had them on sale and they have a 65k treadware warranty. TPMS sensors are in the wheels according to the Costco tech. NO problems for the first 25 miles!
  • eeshwareeshwar Posts: 2
    I am seeing the TPMS indicator on the dash board(I see the letters TPMS on the dash board) not the low pressure indicator (round indicator with waves at the bottom).

I need help to understand why TPMS monitor is getting displayed? if there is low tire pressure I would have seen the low pressure indicator (round indicator with waves at the bottom).

Also, I see some corrosion on my back wheels.
    am seeing the TPMS indicator on the dash board(I see the letters TPMS on the dash board) not the low pressure indicator (round indicator with waves at the bottom).

I need help to understand why TPMS monitor is getting displayed? if there is low tire pressure I would have seen the low pressure indicator (round indicator with waves at the bottom).

I would read the Owner's Manual again. TPMS stands for Tire Pressure Monitoring System, not a single mention of tire wear system.

Tire wear is checked by measuring the depth of thread left. Most commonly using a penny, and Lincoln's head as indicator, or with a thread depth tool. If you see wear bars on your tires, then they are done. Wear bars are usually 2/32" piece of rubber between the rows of thread.
  • tom017tom017 Posts: 16
    I'm curious about where the receiver is located on a 2007 CR-V that picks up the key remotes?

I recently replaced my battery in the key when it was getting low and find that the remote works at a better distance from the sides than from front and back.

Anybody know where the receiver is?
  • tom017tom017 Posts: 16
    Yes, the original tires, in my case, WERE pitifully bad. And I stress past tense--WERE. They were the Continental Conti-Trac. They're gone!!

I recently purchased a set of new Goodyear Assurance Touring radials from Sam's Club--what a difference.

Most 17-inch Michelins for the CR-V are around $200 each. The Assurance tires were in the low $100's. If you think the original tires were bad, don't even think of buying the Goodyear Integrity tires. Sure the Integrity's are a cheap price but go out to Google, enter Goodyear Integrity in quotes and read the nightmare reviews on the web about those useless excuse for rubber and you'll see what I mean.

I will tell you with the new tires, the whole personality of the vehicle has changed for the better. It handles great on wet or dry roads. The winter traction was like night and day over the original junk treads. I drove through heavy snow with confidence. I questioned if my 4 wheel drive was working after I put the new tires on. I wasn't spinning and sliding any more.

The road noise that sounded like cheap snow tires is gone. Plus, each tire felt like it was out of round and not balanced right. Everything is running smoothly now. The tires made a difference.
This discussion has been closed.