Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Avenger Gas Mileage Reports

2»

Comments

• jmechjmech Posts: 15
    After 16,000 trouble free miles, I have been very impressed with ride quietness and gas mileage.
    The best MPG I have achieved so far is 36.8 mpg! This is 100% highway driving doing 65 miles per hour.
    From what I have heard, the 2011 Avenger will be better yet!
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    I was in Halifax earlier in the year and rented the Avenger's sister car, the Sebring. It had the 3.5 V6 engine with sunroof. I was really impressed with the car. In fact, I was pleasantly suuprised because I had reserved a compact car, and I was given the choice of a Corolla, an Elantra, or the Sebring when I picked up the car at the airport. I chose the Sebring and my wife and I enjoyed our stay in Nova Scotia.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    I've currently got this car as a rental vehicle, and I like it so far. The only design flaw I noticed was the trunk release position.

When I initially got in the vehicle, it was dusk, and the interior dash lights weren't illuminated. I reached down to turn up the brightness, in the area where every other vehicle has the dimmer switch. Nope, that's not it - good thing I didn't mess with it while driving. The dimmer is on the turn signal... Ok, good to know, but really not the greatest design.

I like the visibility, and like the way the vehicle drives. It's also very comfortable for me.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This is an update to my first post. I now have 18,000 miles on the car and it has been great! Gas mileage is great especially on a highway trip. On a September trip to Baltimore MD from Albany NY, I averaged 36.7 mile per gallon. Coming back was almost as good with 36,6 mpg. That's 1/2 tank gas in my car as it has a 18.5 gallon tank.
    It has been very reliable. .An air pressure sensor in one tire going bad has been the only issue..
    People who have ridden in my car have complimented me on the smooth ride and quietness. BTW, I have the 4 cylinder engine.

I can recommend this car. It is the best one yet.
  • I have a 2012 4 cylinder Avenger with 6 speeds and after 2,200 miles I am only getting 16-18 city, 28 highway.
    My old 2010 Avenger used to get 22 city and 37.6 highway @ 65 mph.
    Both cars have 18.5 gallon tanks, and 4 cylinder. Even in cold weather like we are getting now, I still got 20 mpg city.

Any thoughts?
  • My last tank show a worsening of Gas Mileage. Mixed driving I am getting 17.0. I have never gotten over 18 in city driving or 29 highway. The car has over 4300 miles on it and not showing any sign of improvement. I recently put full synthetic in the car and it has not helped at all.

I recently read elsewhere that some cars are having issues with dragging brakes with 4 wheel disc with abs and traction control.
    I plan to take it back to the dealer to check that out.
  • caazcaaz Posts: 203
    Im considering buying an Avenger.. after reading your post. i think i'll be looking for a 2010 model. @ 37 mpg i'm not sure why i'd buy a new car. Most posts in here seem to be getting much worse mpg with the new model. Out of curiosity, why did you switch cars when your 2010 was only 2 yrs old. ?

Thnx Caaz
  • I almost regret buying the 2012. I thought based on EPA ratings and 6 speed trans, I would top 37 on the highway. So far, I have gotten 29 mpg. I am still getting 18 around town. I have 4,400 on it now. I do like the interior upgrade and overall, its seems to be a better car. The Gas mileage is only complaint.

BTW, The 2010 that I had was 100% trouble free from the 1st day I had it. I bought it new.
    I have a 2012 Avenger with 11,000 miles on it. So far, its been perfect except for gas mileage which has been poor in City driving @ 18-21 mpg but pretty good on the highway so far. I get as high as 33 mpg highway. Mixed driving seems to fall in the 23-25 range.
    This car has a 6-speed Auto trans. I use to get better mpg with a 2010 Avenger I had.
    Anyone have similar or better experience?
  • dodgeno1dodgeno1 Posts: 1
    I have a 2013 2.4Lt engine and I average 25-26Mpg being very conservative driver. If I get a little agressive it falls down to 22-23Mpg Average. If I get extremately conservative I have achieved a 40.4 MPG trip on constant flat surface at 49MPH and 1400RPM on the 6th gear. It is amazing how this 2.4 LT can achieve such great MPG on the highway with all the weight of this vehicle. I was making comparisson with Sonata, Optima, Mazda 6, Camry, Accord, Malibu, Fusion and I found the Avenger to ve actually an "Adventager" against the rest. All the rest may give some 3-4 more MPG but the Avenger is between $3k to $6k cheaper than the rest giving a best style (Muscle Car look) and best sound system. The Dashboar controls are very easy and handfull. One thing it could have improved was the position of the cup holders on front should have been placed on front of the stick and side to side instead of front/rear. Also the bevereage cooler on top of the glove compartment was removed from previous models configuration. So bad that this nice car is going away. Dodge should have improved the Avenger to a RWD 3.2 LT V6 engine with the new 9 speed transmission with a goal of 22/35MPG could have made it the perfect car
2»