Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Grand Prix Accessories

2»

Comments

• tlaurotlauro Posts: 504
    I don't think it would be too bad on the hood of the GXP. I have some shots on my Last Honda Accord that I purposely took to make it show up and even in real life, the line wasn't noticable enough to make someone say ewhh....or anything. They often times asked what it was and rubbed it though :)

Your call though....here is one of the shots...

Overall though unless the lighting was right, you wouldn't notice it...especially on the front bumper...

• hduck1hduck1 Posts: 19
    How does the line from the mask do when the car is dirty? Does dirt ever get trapped in that line across the hood, or is a complete seal? Have you had it on for a long time? Have you noticed any yellowing or extreme color shift?

Sorry to make you out to be the Shell Answer Man, but the concept intrigues more and more.
  • dblducedblduce Posts: 58
    I read once somewhere that a good "remedy" to keeping bugs off the front of a car when going on long trips is to use COOKING SPRAY, like PAM, etc. Put a good coat on the front, and bugs wont be able to stick. Supposedly just easily washes off when you want it to also. Ive never tried it though, as I dont really take long distance trips.
  • tlaurotlauro Posts: 504
    The lines from the mask are tight and very thin. It's a complete seal. Like 28lb laser printer paper..put a sheet on your car...that's how it feels.

The line doesn't attract dirt so when it rains or snows, it actually blends in completely. You may see it more if you don't wax it when you wax your car, but I always wax everything.

I've been using the 3M stuff since 2001. My Trailblazer is now in the hands of a nieghbor around my area and I see it a lot. Looks perfect still....and he's no clean freak like me.

The material won't yellow. I've not seen it do so...and again, I see my 03 Accord Sedan around town too. The owner is not that far away and still contacts me now and then with a question about it.

The key to the 3M stuff and the reason I don't like white is that it's not difficult to keep clean, but it's harder to clean than paint. Nothing special really, but occasionally I would let the car get real dirty and I'd spend 2x the time cleaning up the 3M stuff vs the same area without it.

Hope that helps. I still swear by it but just not for me on white.
  • hduck1hduck1 Posts: 19
    ...thanks. Much to ponder!
  • rmozolrmozol Posts: 124
    I've used cooking spray like Pam more than a few times and it works ok, but not great. It's hard to clean off sometimes, and gets tracked all over the rest of the car and collects dirt too. It changes it's "viscosity" a LOT in the heat, making it even worse. I'm still looking for the "Bug Off" to try it.
  • ocmike3ocmike3 Posts: 232
    go to:
    http://www.diamondite.com/
    I've been using the "Bug Blocker" on both the GXP & VUE. It goes on easy and washes right off. A 12 oz. bottle lasts a long time.
  • I recently purchased a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP and have been looking for accessories. I am looking for chrome side vents and a chrome grille specifically. However, what I am finding is for everything but the GXP model. Does anyone know where I can look to find these accessories?
  • cbravo81cbravo81 Posts: 1
    I picked up these projector lights and was really surprised at the quality especially for the price.

http://www.neweggmall.com/Product/2001431130/product.html

In you experience, what are some other good brands and/or websites to find the best GP parts. Also, does anyone else have history of buying from this vendor?

Thanks for everyone's help!
  • Does anyone know if chrome grill and side vents are made?
  • cnwcnw Posts: 105
    Chrome grill inserts used to be available thru GM Accessories. I can't say that I've seen the side vents in chrome finish--but I haven't looked for them either. Clark
  • maratmarat Posts: 1
    Hi guys!
    Anyone can suggest GOOD company who's selling and shipping glasses for the cars? Actually, I need windshield and rear glass for Pontiac Grand Prix, 2008.
2»
This discussion has been closed.