Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic 2006-2007 Issues

Comments

• targettuningtargettuning Posts: 1,371
    We are talking about two completely different types of leaks. Yours seems to be a leak of the AC refrigerant but I was replying to a poster who has an engine coolant (antifreeze) leak so I don't think my comments and symptoms to look for applies. UNLESS you are also loosing engine coolant (antifreeze) too. By the way there have been complaints here about road debris puncturing AC condenser (in front of the radiator) and the fact Honda refuses to fix it under warranty. Most who experienced this feel it is too exposed to debris thrown up by vehicles in front.
  • I bought off EBAY some '05 SI wheels and am very happy with the results. Could've gotten EX wheels but wanted some that weren't on every other Civic. Will upload a pic if I can figure out how to do it. Have gotten quite a few positive compliments at various gas stations from other Civic owners. Most are surprised when I tell them that the rims are from the last generation SI model. The 16" rims fit perfectly.

The Sandman :) July 27 2008
  • Sandman, I have an 2007 4door lx gal. gray and would like to install the same 2005 si wheels like you did. I bought this car new aug. 2007 now has 52,000 miles with the same tires that it had when bought new. I have been watching for rear tire problems and so far problem free. (Front to back and back to back every 8,000 miles when oil is changed with mobil 1 5-20 E.P. and clean the air filter k&n. :) :) :) :)
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    :sick: :sick: :shades: Still loving the rims on my Civic...always glance back once I park the car and smile...best $ I spent and would do it again in a heartbeat. Will be keeping the car afterall...as am willing to live with the seats uncomfortableness for now. Still under 22k miles and it still drives like new so why give it away. Will always get alloys from now on with each new car...the extra cost spread out over the life of the car ownership is well worth it. And alloys look so much better than steelies...all 4 of our cars have them and they look a bit nicer than the lower trims.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• teeegteeeg Posts: 1
    Read your message becuse the same thing was happening to my wifes car and the overheating was p and down, well I take the car to the ealership only to find out the block is cracked. Never did the car over heat other than that one day, were talking a 2006 honda with 67,000 miles. I very much disappointed as I'm going to be out of 4500.00., please readers if you have a 2006 Civic have your block checked as an inside source told me there maybe serious issues with that car.
  • The car is a Honda that should not have happened at 67,000 3 years old. I have a 2007 with 54,000 miles, great car to date 0 problems even has the factory tires with good tread.
  • paezpaez Posts: 5
    Really sorry to hear that teeeg. It's unfortunate, but happening way too often with the 2006 Civic. I just got may car back yesterday after two weeks of being worked on at the dealership. Since my car had 48,000 miles, it was still under the 60,000 powertrain warranty (but I had to physically show them). They put a brand new block and it seems to be working fine. Since your car is over the 60,000 mark, I suggest you look up the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin?) and take it to the dealership. I believe I saw something on there that said that honda could review your case and possibly pay for some or all of the expense. My service guys at the dealership were spectacular and helped in every way they could.
  • It is still under warranty.2006 powertrain is longer
  • dromandroman Posts: 18
    I know I have heard of other people having this problem, and it finally happened to me. My driver side sun visor cracked and is just hanging there. Was there ever an official recall for this? I know if I ask the dealership, those idiots will say, "No, no. Never heard of this happening before" (did I mention this is my 5th new and final Honda- total crapmobile). However, I would like to have some ammunition when I go to the dealership. The car has 30000 miles, but is over three years old, thus off warranty. Any suggestions. How much to replace? Thanks!
  • kathyc1kathyc1 Posts: 138
    My car had half that mileage when mine broke at almost 2 years. I called the dealer, they said they'd order it and let me know when it came, they did and I had it replaced. I've read a lot of reports here about this problem. I never had a single problem with either of the visors in my 2002 Civic.
  • kathyc1kathyc1 Posts: 138
    Has anyone received the recall notice about defective air bags?
    Had my drivers side visor replaced free by the dealer...it's a safety issue and they even said they would replace the other side/same side if they broke again...it is a safety issue so go back to your dealer and see what he'll do. You'll be happy!

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• I have at least four large spots on the roof where the paint is missing and the primer and metal are exposed. The dealership told me that it was probably due to the acid in bird droppings. (Never mind that I wash my car at least once a week. Droppings have always rinsed right off with cold water.) Anyway, my husband has an older VW that sits next to mine. No paint problems with his car. Since I have 39,000 miles on my 2007, you guessed it, too bad/so sad. Apparently I'm not supposed to drive/keep my vehicle outdoors. This is my first Honda; I'm very disappointed that the Honda hype was just hype. If you're thinking about getting a Civic, make sure you don't drive under any birds. And please, call Honda Corp if you're having the same problem. They could have gotten bad paint.
  • Has anyone had problems with their cv joints? I hear a very small clicking sound when I trurn the wheels to the left sharp. I called the dealer service dept. and they said that no one has had any problems with their cv joints and Honda re-engineered the boots back in 2001 so that they would not split out. My car is a 2007 Honda Civic LX with 55,000 miles on it.
  • targettuningtargettuning Posts: 1,371
    While we have not had CV joint problems per se (e.g. a replacement), I have heard some light clunking noise since new (2006 EX sedan currently @ 22K miles) when making a hard or maximum right turn from a stop or at low speed (less than 20 mph). I did then and I continue to believe this is not normal but decided not to persue the matter and now that the warranty is done and it still didn't get any worse AND since I intend to sell or trade it next model year I probably won't worry about it.
    No such problems either...great little car for my purposes actually. Would have loved the features of the LX-S model but couldn't see spending the extra $ to do the swap. The way I see it, I've still got another 6 to 7 years left with this puppy so I'm just banking the extra $ until that day arrives. But the way my spinal issues are progressing, driving in that many years may become an impossibility so would have no need for this 2nd car anyways.
    All in all, still love my little Civic!

• i have a honda civic aerodeck 1.6 it overheats i took to the mechanic he said because the top hose on the radiator is hot and the bottom is cold the problem lies with the thermoswitch . is it true ? how do know if it is cylinderhead gasket does the oil be leeking were the gasket ly or is it white smoke? also plz tell me how to replace thermoswitch thanks
  • jamar2jamar2 Posts: 2
    2006 Civic LX purchased spring 2006, traded summer 2009 and driven 70,000km (43,000 miles). Problems experienced - replaced driver side front strut at 8,000 km, engine mount clunk in front never fixed, noisy intermittent rattle in speedometer quit after 1 year, paint on front bumper started peeling after two years, both windshield visors split open during hot weather in third summer, tires replaced at 50,000 km. Car was replaced with a domestic model for less money and so far has been a better experience.
  • mphs68mphs68 Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Honda civic I noticed sometimes when I start it I hear a little sizzle sound sometimes as I turn the key to start it is this the starter going bad?