Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic 2006-2007 Issues

Comments

• skeeter11skeeter11 Posts: 33
    Does anyone have the 2H VIN range for 2006 Civic EX's that are covered in this TSB? Thanks!!
  • kathyc1kathyc1 Posts: 138
    I didn't keep it, but doesn't your dealer have it?
    Has anyone else had the paint flake off on the hand brake handle top? This is the second time for me and I'm wondering if there might be a warranty extension with Honda to cover this.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    The exterior paint seems to be pretty thin, as certain areas of my car have paint chips gone...not a happy camper! Wished they'd have used a better grade of paint.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• I'm a high-mileage commuter that has driven a honda (accord or civic since the late 80's (I adored my 87 hatchback). Grew up with them and have driven within my family 7-8. For a few years switched away (VW Beetle TDI), but the maintenance grief versus Honda and need for more passenger space had me back for the 06 civic.

New tires put on at 60K and they're super loud, but I refuse to put any more $ into this :lemon: . In the 4.5 years I've owned it I'd had no issues until at 81K (9 months ago). Overheat & cracked short block. Did the water pump at the same time, but was an act of god for honda corporate (I had to deal with corporate before they'd do anything) and showed what I found online regardin the numerous complaints of the known problem. Then, I still had to pay a $600 'deductable' and was without a vehicle for 2 weeks! Did all brakes at ~100K. A few weeks ago took it in for an oil change and they 'discovered' a leak in the transmission seal. Oh, and I have that annoying sometimes broken visor, but heck if I am doing anything with that. :sick: One should 'never' have to get a new engine and have transmission problems with a Honda!

My replacement vehicle is due in any day. For the 1st of my life, I'm going American...we'll see!

For family reasons, I need a larger vehicle and 'was' going to sell this to a family member (because seriously - what else could go wrong), but I won't put family in potential harms way. Talk about a lemon. If you need a car for 75K miles and that's it, go for it...but I expect my honda's to be out of date and me want a new one because I want a change, not because they're crap... :lemon:
    I've seen this too many times here so I'm pretty sure I won't keep my '07 as long as 75,000 miles. Right now at a little over 3 years it has only 23,000 on it with no problems, but I'm not going to push it too much. I will keep it for 5 years and then like you look at American for a change, Ford or Chevy. You're smart not to pass this on to someone you love.
    Love my '06 LX with no issues to speak of except the visor which was replaced with no hassle. Extremely satisfied so far & would by another Honda product with no second guessing. Think we'll stick with our imports for the time being...nothing out of Detroit really does it for me. We're happy customers...yay! :-)

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• ttg911ttg911 Posts: 38
    edited November 2010
    Hi, I have a 2006 EX-Navi with about 62,500 miles. Recently the engine has started “pinging” when I accelerate. I have taken to both Honda and Acura, both can replicate the problem, but neither can identify the source (both say, “bad gas”). Anybody else had this problem, and if so, what was the cause or fix? Thanks.
  • mark19mark19 Posts: 123
    edited November 2010
    sounds like a build up of carbon deposits in the engine. I would suggest getting the fuel level down to below 1/4 tank, then adding BG products 44K fuel cleaner. You pour it into the gas tank (you'll need a funnel), fill up and then let that work through the fuel system into the fuel injectors, the valves, and the combustion chambers of the engine.

It has worked for me in the past with Honda's that I've owned. Also, once done, run another tank of gas, then once that's done get an oil change. Since this 44K fuel cleaner can leave a residue on the cylinder walls that can mix with the oil. Not harmful just prudent to remove it once it's cleaned everything.

website is www.bgprod.com and a can of the 44k fuel cleaner is about $20 around here.

once this is done and clean, if you still have issues, then take a look at the spark plugs, but I'm confident carbon build up is your pinging cause.
  • sjetsjet Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    I have a 2009 Honda Civic, brought new and now has 11,100 miles. Took Honda in for routine maintenance and was informed that front brake pds needed to be replaced and rotors resufaced. The service manager indicated that I may be stepping on brake too frequently or just too much inner city driving. I have had at least 7 other different cars, makes and models never had a problem of premature brake wear.
    My question is has other Honda Civic owners experienced premature brake wear under 12,000 miles?
  • nealmnealm Posts: 41
    I had excellent brake wear. 60K front, no need for rotor. 90k rear, rotor replaced. 50/50 city/ highway. I have the 5 sp. 12K seems real premature unless you are pounding the brakes.
  • sjetsjet Posts: 6
    Thanks for reply and example. I do know what happens to brake systems when "pounding the brakes" as owner of previous vehicles since 70's so this is why I express this concern.
    Have a clear sticky liquid leaking from the front drivers side area of the front hood? Any suggestions as to what this clear sticky substance could be? Car is over 4 years old but with low miles. Looks almost like a clear sugary liquid but has more substance to it than plain H2O.

T I A folks for any help. Will take it in 1st thing Monday morning to my mechanic. Luckily I don't need to drive it till then. :(

The Sandman :( :sick: :shades:

• bellagiobellagio Posts: 16
    Just found out that Honda has issued a service bulletin (11-031) extending the warranty on the horrible plastic sun visors that split open and refuse to snap back into place.

So if you're within 7 years or 100,000 miles of the original date of purchase, you can get them replaced for free. Still can't believe how crappy these things are, but at least Honda is taking some responsibility (finally).
  • wbeattiewbeattie Posts: 9
    I don't believe that it has anything to do with Honda stepping up to the plate to take responsibility for the sun visors. It has more to due with a class action proposed settlement from the Superior Court of The State of California. I sold my Civic because of all the quality issues and serious suspension problems on this car. I did have a visor replaced under warranty when I owned the car.
    edited June 2011
    I also had the drivers side visor break and Honda did replace it. Can I just go in and have the other one replaced even though it hasn't broken yet? It's just a matter of time!

T I A for an answer to my question. Still love my '06 LX even though I've had a few warranty issues taken care of! With 31.6k on the clock, am hoping it'll last until 2016 at least!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

• bellagiobellagio Posts: 16
    wbeattie, you are totally right. My mail today included "important legal materials" from "Rust Consulting," which outlined the terms of the class action settlement. So that's why Honda is suddenly so flexible on the visors.

The thing is, I don't think the visor design has changed/improved one bit so they will keep on falling apart, though at least you can now get them replaced for free.
    edited June 2011
    This error message pops up each time I start the car and it started yesterday morning. I filled the tank and turned the cap at least 5 times so I know it's on tight now. How many start cycles should it take for this message to finally go away?

T I A all.

The Sandman :confuse: :sick: :shades:

• sheastersheaster Posts: 6
    My 2006 Civic did the same thing. Did you check the seal on the gas cap? I did a visual on mine and it was obviously bad. It looked shredded. The dealership finally replaced the cap after first trying to convince me that I needed to simply turn the cap a few more clicks.
    Just looked at it and it looks brand new actually...I usually turn it so I hear that clicking noise 4 or 5 times. Isn't there a certain number of start cycles the car must go through to get rid of this code? Also, is the gas cap something that is warrantied for many years? My '06 Civic is 5.5 years old now but the mileage is pretty low, just over 31.6k on the odometer. Not sure if the dealership will swap out the cap as a warranty issue.

This is the 1st real problem I've had with this car besides some tsb's done. Also, will this affect the car and do some damage in the future?

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades: