Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon AC and Heat Questions

Comments

• artaqqartaqq Posts: 6
    Yes. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it. I saw a post on here that recommended that and it was never a problem again. Hope that helps!
  • a friend and i tore appart the dash only to find a actuator under the dash on the passenger side broken. dealer said $250.00 for a new one my friend found one on the internet for $50.00. been working great!
  • aj_riggaj_rigg Posts: 1
    Over the past week, I've noticed a significant decline in the air conditioner temperature in the front of my Yukon (i.e., air coming out of the dashboard) and it's barely above cool now (it used to blow really cold) but the unit in the rear (i.e., middle and rear rows) still blows pretty cold. I checked the refrigerant pressure and it doesn't need to be recharged.

Any ideas?
  • libby14libby14 Posts: 1
    I replaced the switch and you can get to it under the dash just above the gas pedal.It did not stop the driver side from blowing hot air.IT starts blowing cool air then switches to heat quickly.Turning it on and off it does the same thing.

Could it be a resistor?
  • doneildoneil Posts: 10
    I have the exact same problem with my '04 Yukon Denali. I can set the dual temperature controls on the left to 60 and the right to 75, and I will get heat from the left vents and cool air from the right. It does start out blowing cold air for about 5 seconds, bit it quickly switches to hot. Have you been able to figure it out yet?
  • I have a 2001 Yukon XL 5.3 liter. When we start it the a/c is on. We can turn it off by pressing the on/off button. The a/c works. I took it to the shop and they could find nothing wrong. Any suggestions?
  • I have a 2005 GMC Yukon SLT that will not move the air flow to the various vent settings either manually or through the AUTO function. I have had the HVAC head unit replaced 3 years ago due to a soda can explosion that took it out, and an actuator on the passenger side replaced because the fan would not shut off....even with the car off and the keys in my hand. As I type the air flow only comes through the defroster vents on the top of the dash. The rear HVAC is functioning perfectly.

Please help. :mad:
  • Good afternoon gmhellboy,
    We understand that you're looking to probably get some do-it-yourself advice here on the forum and respect that! However, if you should decide to get this checked into by a dealership, please let us know more details about your appointment and such if you would like for us to check into this further. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 of your VIN, and the name of your dealership).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I am not here for do it yourself work. I just want to be informed when I head to the dealer so I do not get over charged or receive unnecessary work. I am frustrated by this as I have replaced two major HVAC components and continue to have these gremlins in the system. I treat my vehicle well and garage it as well as routine maintenance.

thanks for you input/assistance.
  • My apologies for misunderstanding your post, gmhellboy! I myself am unable to provide much input, unfortunately. I checked to see if there were any filters that might need to be changed for the cabin of your Yukon but did not see any that were specific to the HVAC system in the manaul. Keep us posted, and I hope you get some great insight from members of the community as well.

• I appreciate your earnest to help. I apologize if my previous post was curt. The system now lets me choose between the defroster vents and the floor vents. If I or the auto climate control choose the front/face vents it defaults back to the defroster vents.
  • phochephoche Posts: 5
    Something that has long been a problem with my 2000 Yukon XL is outside air blows in on the front passenger side. In winter, it makes your leg numb after a while. I've tried stuffing pillows and blankets in there but the cold comes through anyway. Any ideas what might be wrong? I mean really, I'm all for some fresh air but this is awful.

I've tried every button combo on the climate control, no change... except today. The fool thing stuck on High heat. We had to drive with the windows open to stay cool and it was only 25 outside. I've fixed that with the "disconnect the battery" method referenced earlier. Now it's back to a cold leg for a full day of travel again tomorrow. Any ideas or pointers technical data to allow me to fix this economically?
  • doneildoneil Posts: 10
    After trying all that was recommended and then getting an estimate from a shop I thought I could trust, I finally bit the bullet and took the truck to the dealer. At around $600, his cost was still about $200 less than my former mechanics estimate. It ended up being the vent actuator previously discussed. The dealer retail for the part was about $250, although I could have bought an identical part on the web for about $50. The rest was labor to R&R the console and bottom portion of the dash. I'm certain I could have done this myself a lot cheaper, but my time has a monetary value as well. The best justification I can give for paying this amount is that they fixed it right the first time, and now I'm hoping never to have to deal with it again.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,005
    We're glad to hear that everything has been resolved, doneil. Keep us updated if anything should come up as we're happy to follow up with your dealership for you.

• i have a 2005 gmc yukon and my a/c will not work on the front only when i am diving. the rear system works fine. what could it be the problem?
  • raymondbmraymondbm Posts: 2
    Wow I am instered in your reprogram the climate control system I have a 2007 Saturn Outlook RE I would like to know how you reprogram climate control system. I know that the two vehicles are similar it has a fuse box inside the car that has HVAC fuse and it has a fuse box underhood that has a HVAC fuse and a RRHVAC fuse in it. It would be great if you can help me. Thank you very much :confuse:
  • yukonguy1yukonguy1 Posts: 2
    I just recently acquired a 95 2 door Yukon and everything works great except the AC. It comes on, the compressor kicks on, it blows nice and cold however, when I give it gas, it blows heat. When I'm at cruising speed on the freeway, it's great. In town when i have to stop at lights and stop signs, when I give it gas, it blows heat. Is this a somewhat easy fix ? Anyone who has any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated. I live in Vegas and its already hitting 110 degrees. Thanks everyone !
  • casey50casey50 Posts: 1
    Did you find an answer to this problem? I have the same issue.

Thanks
  • raymondbmraymondbm Posts: 2
    No, I am going to the dealer to see how much it going to cost me.

What do you think about a car that is only a 2007 and only having 46,000 miles having this problem?
  • yukonguy1yukonguy1 Posts: 2
    Still having the problem. Can't afford to fix it right now