Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

2»

Comments

• oliasolias Posts: 4
    Wow that would realy be great help. Thanks in adavance. robbert.
  • i never do any customizing on cars, but i always heard that japanese cars are easy and lots to play with, esp with civic. i am now think to buy the subaru 2.5i sedan, does it has a lot of customizing things like civic or other does?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I don't think they are any easier than a Mopar, or a small block Chevy, or even a Ford 5.0. Those engines have huge aftermarkets.

But there is a small and dedicated aftermarket for Subaru, though it mostly focuses on the WRX.

You can find intakes, exhausts, pulleys, cams, clutches, and that type of thing for the 2.5l, but if you want a lot of performance just start with a WRX TR.

-juice
  • I couldnt find much for the 2.5i only thing i foung was an intake. I mean you can always do some mods to the exhaust or what ever but what if you cant? Do you know of any exhaust that dont require those modifications.
  • then if just considering 2.5i, which both legacy and impreza has, which one should i consider? does impreza has something that overcome the legacy?
    and wouldn't that kinda pointless to put a turbo on a SOHC engine? thanks
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The Impreza is lighter, but the Legacy has more room in the engine bay.

I wouldn't put a turbo on a brand new engine still under warranty. You'd probably have to change a lot of internals to produce a lot of boost (pistons with a lower compression ratio, for starters).

I'd start with a WRX TR, it's easier to modify and already has the beefy internals.

-juice
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,330
    As part of our forums reorganiazation, we're closing the general, everything in one pile discussions like this one and breaking out smaller discussions that deal with various aspects of the ownership and upkeep of the Impreza.

Here in the Subaru Impreza Group you will now find discussions such as:

New Subaru Impreza Owners - Give Us Your Report!
    Subaru Impreza Test Drive - What Did You Think?
    Subaru Impreza Real World MPG Numbers
    How Much Can My WRX Wagon Carry?
    Subaru Impreza Accesories & Modifications
    Changes You'd Like To See in the Subaru Impreza
    to mention a few.

You will also now notice the Subaru Impreza Maintenance & Repair Folder which you can find above the list of discussions on the main group page. In that folder you will find the "problems" discussions set up to cover the major areas where you may have a question or problem, such as:
    Subaru Impreza Engine Issues
    Subaru Impreza Brake Questions
    Subaru Impreza Tire/Wheel Questions

When you are ready to post, please check the discussion list for the appropriate place for your comment or question. If you have a question or issue that doesn't yet have a discussion set up for it, please use the Add A Discussion link to create a new one. This is especially true of comparison discussions. Rather than try to set up all the possible combinations of vehciles you may be shopping beforehand, these will come up as users create them for vehicles they are comparison shopping.

There will be a bit of dust until we get things moved around, but we're getting there.

Thanks for your help in making this group a great source of information on the Impreza.

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

2»
This discussion has been closed.
2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i - Page 2 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com