Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Steering

12345679»

Comments

• The death wobble is gone but... now have float left or right, vehicle will not track a straight line. More adjustment necessary on the steering gear box?
  • EVO SENSOR BAD
    Based on what I have read this has been a problem for since the mid 90's, some post say its not a big deal less than 1 hour labor & $50-60 for the part. Mine 1999 GMC 250, must have the steering column linkage disassembled and the part cost is $80-$90. This was/is not just a problem on truck it is also on a dozens of other vehicles. see link below.

EVO - ELECTRONIC VHECILE ORFICE - SENSOR
    http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81519

Service Information 7-15-2008
    1998 GMC Truck GMC C Pickup - 2WD | Chevy Pickup, GMC Pickup, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon (VIN C/K) Service Manual | Document ID: 1911096 #07-02-32-001: Reduced Steering Effort (Diagnose/Replace Steering Wheel Position Sensor) - (Feb 27, 2007)

I encourage everybody to contact NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236 or www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/voq_form.html
  • I went to start my truck but the ignition switch was locked and the steering wheel could not be turned to help release the ignition switch. Have tried rocking and pushing on truck to get it out of a bind but with no success. Even tried to shift gear shift but it is locked as well. Truck can't be towed because front wheels are turned and can't get transmission into neutral. Any idea what has happened? It's parked on level ground and front wheels are only turned 1/4 turn.
  • Try moving the steering wheel either left a or right just a bit... to take the pressure off the lock cylinder to rotate that key. it should work has done it to me before.
  • 2005 Gmc serria work turck 4.8 two wheel drive has 80,000 vibrates in streeing wheel starts at 25 go till a bout 35 everthing seams fine in susption and breaks new rotors and breaks and tires
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    paul1976,

Were you planning on having your vehicle looked at by the dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • I have the same problem on my 02 silverado did you find out anything
  • yes I did get the problem solved...looking to find paperwork.....
  • Hi. I'm new to the forum and I just purchased a 94 dodge Dakota 3.9 V6 today and as soon as i got home with it and let it idle it ran hot. I was very disappointed to say the least. It's got 175k on it and the original radiator. The heater works and it won't run hot on the road. I'm just wondering if it's the Tstat or pump. I flushed it the best I know how by hooking a Water hose up on the drain plug on bottom of radiator and blew pressure to top until it ran clear. Took a little longer to run hot but sped up when I turned AC on. Does anyone have e a good direction to point me in to fix this. I'm dead broke after spending 2k on truck!! Very upset. Please help. Thank you.
  • bigman55434bigman55434 Posts: 22
    edited August 2013
    Kathlikos, I think you are in the wrong forum. Anyway, check your radiator fan to make sure it is fully engaging. The clutch on it may be worn out after all this time, resulting in no airflow through the radiator at slow speeds. If you say it is not overheating when driving, then it probably is not your pump. Although if you flushed the coolant, make sure and add some antifreeze back in. You don't want it all water. 50/50 mix is ideal. I'd say it's not your thermostat either, since it does not overheat when driving.
  • I have very stiff power steering at idle. If i take my foot off the brake it gets a little better but not much. Gets worse as it heats up. TSB was useless, this is not normal, should not have to use both hands to turn the steering wheel. I've seen a pile of posts online everywhere (but all older) and none say they had found a fix. I flushed the system, no help. I replaced the power steering pump, no change. It does have hydraboost. Is there anyone that has found a fix to this in the last couple years? Any help would be great, Thanks!