Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Electrical and Computer Questions

Comments

• KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Sounds like a battery cable isn't tight. You may want to invest in a new set, considering how much the truck has been driven..
  • I have a code code 1637 L generator circuit.

I replaced the alternator, Code came back.

Jumped a wire directly from the ecu to the generator, for the voltage signal, cause I tought It could be short somewhere. The code still came back. Does anyone have experience with that perticular code?
  • I have an 03 reg cab silverado 2wd and the same thing is happening to my truck. My passenger door is dead, nothing works on it except the blinker in the mirror and the keyless entry dosen't work either on both doors. I don't know about you but my driver side mirror doesn't fold in, I can adjust the mirror but it won't fold in. This all happened after I picked my truck up from the body shop (minor scuff, not major damage). The body shop printed out the bulletin for me to take to the dealer so they can fix the problem. The bulletin said something about the truck losing its program and all the symptoms it listed was what me and you have (doors/windows/mirrors not working) I lost the bulletin so I will have the body shop print it out for me again and give you the info so you go to the dealer and have them check it out. Sorry if this is not much help but I figured it was better than nothing. Email me back if find something out cuz I realy want to get this fixed
  • Sounds like we have the same problem, My brother found the control module for $50.00 at a salvage yard in Lexington for his, when he gets it I will let you know if that fixes it. The module at the dealer cost around $300.00. If you can send me the bulletin.

Thanks for the reply.
    Gene
  • My brother in law as a '99 Silverado, manual transmission. The problem seems to be if when you open either door, and accidentally hit the door lock button, the truck won't start until he waits for 15 minutes or so. He's taken it back to the dealer he bought it from and had them go through it and they can't figure out how to resolve the problem but they indicate it has something to do with the factory installed alarm system. He's spoken to several alarm installer dealers and from what I understand it's not as simple as just disconnecting the alarm.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it?
    Thanks
  • Man I went to the autobody guy and he said he spent hours trying to find that bulletin but could not find it so he sent me to the chevy service department and they don't know of any bulletin like that for my truck, now I'm [non-permissible content removed] out of luck, I already spent $134.00 on a new door control module that I don't think I can return. But anyway good luck with your control module (I'm assuming it's a body control module). And let me know how it works out. I'll keep trying to get a hold of that bulletin
  • That how it goes can't never get anything when you actually want it. I took all my fuses out waited a little while put them back in and mine is working like new, so my guess is what ever it was reset when I pulled the fuses. I would like to get a copy of that bulletin if you can get a hold of it. Thanks for the help
  • glad to hear you fixed your problem, I've looked everywhere for that bulletin and could not find it, I don't know if I threw it out or what. I guess my next step is to do what you did and see if that helps.
  • Hey guys, I have a '97 Z71 SLT. It has the electronic mirror with the compass and temperature readings. The problem is that the temperature readings are not working. On the bottom of the mirror, when you press the temp button, the LED comes on, but nothing else happens. Any idea what could be causing this?

Chris
  • i have a 2003 sierra 1500hd and my battery not charging light comes on but i can drive all day and my battery never goes dead does anyone know what could be making this light come on i have change my alternator and my battery and it still does it
  • I ahve a 2000 Silverado Ext cab Z71 with the 5.3 like yours and I've had similar problems. On mine it turned out the cables were so corroded that it kept interupting hte batteries connection causeing the truck to actaully cut off and on while I was driving it with the battery light on. The side post batteries they used are real bad about corrosion so that might be the problem but I wouldn't be surprised if it did toast your alternator too because mine was fine after I replaced the cables for a little bit and nowthe alternator seems to be burning out.
  • security system randomly turning on/off. what could be causing this? have removed battery from key fob. taken to dealer, who is at a loss. anyone had this problem?
  • jay66jay66 Posts: 2
    i have an 03 1500 hd and have the same problem. what fuses did you pull and did your problem come back. what ever information you have is greatly appreciated.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    Disconnect one battery canle for a few minutes.
    Easier than guessing on which fuse !
  • jay66jay66 Posts: 2
    I disconnected the battery cables and pulled every fuse that had anything to do with power windows, doors, and locks. Still nothing. I will probably just take it in when I get a chance. Thanks for the reply.
  • I pulled the square fuses in the box under the hood, Not sure if thats what fixed it but its still working like new
  • on my 7 way connector the two prongs horazontaly across from each other are my turn & brake lites. the turn lights work but i don't have brake lights. only on the plug the truck lights work fine. it has amber turn lights & red brake lights so there must be a converter some where but i don't know where. any thoughs
  • well i found the problem on my own. it turns out the fuse in the panel in the side of the dash thats marked [cmhsl][ chassis mounted high stop light] controls the light on the back of the cab & also stops the trailer brake lights from working.
  • mustymusty Posts: 1
    I have a 1996 Chevy Suburban and the it has the compass and temp on an LED on the mirror. The compass works, but when I press for the temp it goes blank. Can anyone help me out. I do not know where the temp sensor is located to try to isolate the problem. Any help would be great. Thanks
  • i have a 2001 silverado w/ the 5.3L vortech. check engine light started flashing and set code P0300. i swapped plugs, wires, coilpacks, injectors all with different cylinders and scanner still says its 7 and 8 misfiring. i even did a comresion test on both and got 150 out of both. scanner says it could be a possible sensor but names 7 different ones. anyone out there experience this problem or have any suggestions, thanks!
  • Don't know if this will help you,but I have a similar problem with a 97 Silverado, 5.7 showing cope PO308 (misfire on # 8 cylinder)> I'm geting spark, and I changed the map sensor (problem still there) I just came from another site, where a techniciansuggested I take off the fuel rail & remove all 8 injectors. On the # 7 look for a rust build up. Then clean fuel rail & the top of injectors off with a can of brake clean. Then blow air through the fuel rail. Replace assembly and misfire will be gone. GM bulletin about fuel line rust on these vehicles. I'm going to try this next. good luck with yours
  • i did remove #8 and #6, and swapped them to see if miss would move from 8 to 6 but had no change on scanner. i will try removing all of them as you suggest, checking for rust and cleaning them with brake clean especially #7. thank you very much! fyi: on another site, a similar problem was caused by a cam sensor and a crank sensor. ill try this first.
  • HEEEELP! I HAVE NO BRAKE LIGHTS NOR TURN SIGNAL AT REAR, ALL FUSES GOOD, CHECKED ALL WIRING!!