Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Electrical and Computer Questions

Comments

• skibo3980skibo3980 Posts: 2
    I need some help yall i just changed my battery in a 04 siverado an now the A/C is blowing hot air can any one help or tell me why it is doing it. An how can i fix it?
  • skibo3980skibo3980 Posts: 2
    mine is doing something like that to brother. Ichanged my battery an now it starts out blowing cold an then goes straight to hot. did you get urs fixed.
  • i have 2008 silverado. one day battery was dead so jump started and now my radio is dead- no display at all, also battery is dead or almost dead a few times since then. any ideas
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    Hello Chrisbedford,
    I apologize that you are having a concern with your vehicle. Have you had anyone diagnose the vehicle? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • i called the dealership but they didnt know and suggested i bring it in at 65 an hr. they said something about an update for the radio but my radio is completely dead not locked or anything. i did the obvious like check the fuse and stuff. i don't know why my battery is going dead. i run my truck every day.it just seems like this is a huge problem that people are having with these trucks and being as how my warranty ran out i can't afford the dealer guessing to try to figure it out. it seems from reading that this is problem is pretty widespread. is there any recall on any of the electrical system?my email is charlenepsu@hotmail.com if you want to contact me
    Hello Chrisbedford,
    I did email you back. Let me know if you didn't receive it. Thank you,
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Never post your phone number in the forums... these are viewable by the entire internet.

Chrisbedford, you can reach Mariah directly by clicking her username (gmcustsvc) in any of her messages. That will bring up her profile where her email address can be found.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I have a 04 Silverado Z71,1500, v-8,parked in the garage for a yr now. This started with Unknown driver switching from Driver 1 while operating the truck. This causes all gauges to shut down, a/c blows hot air, truck revs rpms when shifting out of first, hesistates, lay off the gas, shifts rough. Took to the dealership a yr ago, ran computer upgrade, no errors found. Took to transmission shop, no problems. This has to be something electrical somewhere? This is a $43K truck, that I cannot drive...when I first had issues, the truck hesitated shifting into overdrive,rpms rev, lay off the gas, it will eventually shift(rough), The dealership told me once again, nothing was wrong, no error codes. Very frustrating, always drive chevys...maybe I need to look at a Ford...
    Would appreciate any ideas on where to turn..it is obvious the dealership either doesn't care or doesn't know what to do about this issue
  • lmcgrath5lmcgrath5 Posts: 2
    Hello jlandsberger. I have an 01 GMC Sierra. I had electrical problems similar to your problems. An independent auto electrical repair shop found that the wiring or module that would power up many parts on my truck failed or would fail intermittently. This wiring or module is directly after the keyed ignition switch. It is not an expensive item. My total repair bill was $316.00. That was parts and labor. If you are in Connecticut, I can direct you to the repair shop. Hopes this helps with your truck
  • hwcapehwcape Posts: 1
    My truck will not crank in the morning. I jump it in the morning, drive around all day and have no problems. After is sits overnight, the battery is dead and it won't crank. I had the battery and alternator checked at two different places and both times was told they are fine. Did anyone have similiar problem?
  • Hey Guys,

I have an interesting problem, My truck will not start when I try to start it in the morning. I have to crank the motor for a good minute or two and consistently play with the throttle for it to start. After it starts it doesn't run right, and by that I mean it idles and if I WOT (wide open throttle) it revs up fine. But if I slowly open the throttle it miss-fires like mad and doesn't really run. When it reaches 190ish degrees and the O2 sensors kick in the problem completely dissapears. Now it didn't always do that I just recently replaced the Throttle Position Sensor and the MAF sensor, After Chevrolet told me my problem was and I quote "Sticky Valves" But before I ever replaced the TPS and MAF the truck just flat out miss-fired and was undrivable... I have thought about there being un-metered air getting in somewhere after the MAF, and I had left over upper intake and throttle body gaskets from when I had to replace the intake manifold gasket (coolant leak) so I went and replaced both of those and the problem still exists. I feel I have come a Long way from what the dealer told me and I think there is only one problem left... But I am Stumped. Any Ideas??? Thanks In Advance
  • 240sparky240sparky Posts: 2
    check the fuse for the fuel pump, not the pump relay, if fuse is bad then the fuel pump is most likely out or going out
  • 240sparky240sparky Posts: 2
    on my 2003 gmc 1500hd the door locks started unlocking while i,m driving, stopped, or shut off. key in or out. once the unlock you can hear it keep trying to unlock. may do it once or 10 times in a row. it is real random. I pulled both lock and unlock relays out as well as the fuse and it still happens.
  • Hi promotorsports,

I just notice the exact same problem with my 2004 GMC Sierra ExtendedCab on Friday (7/23/10). Today is Sunday (07/25/10) and the problem seems to be intermittent. I notice when the truck sits for a while (i.e. half hour/over night) the keyless entry will not work on the driver's door. I open the driver's door manually by insereting the key into the door lock and no courtesy light (readward on the door panel at the botton behind the map pocket) nor the dome light on the ceiling. When I insert the key into the ignition no chime sounds. When I turn the key to the on position (do not start engine), only the battery light comes on on the instrument cluster. Not the usual full lights system check during power on. No power to the windows, door locks, mirrors on the drivers door, yet the switches and courtesy light work on the passenger door work fine.

If I give it a few minutes and turn the ignition key off anf back on again twice or three times its like the system resets itself and everything returns to normal. Funny thing though, it rained here east of Toronto a lot over the past 3 days. Every time it rained the fault happened. Today it is dry and sunny - problem has not resurfaced.

Question for you - what was the source of you issue with your truck. What did you end up doing to fix it.
    I would sincerely appreciate hearing back from you.
    thanks...2004gmcsierra.
  • trichietrichie Posts: 2
    This truck 05 GMC 2500hd has been an electrical nightmare since about 6 months after it was purchased new in Jan'05, latest is that after sitting for 10 days that the battery is totally dead. Multiple battery replacements @ the urging of the dealer still no change in the battery status after 10 days.
    The most recent piece of the puzzle is with the 4 wheeler trailer (new wiring and lights) sitting on a rubber pad with the ground disconnected from the trailer, no ball contact, no safety chain contact , the trailer lights come on, both lights blinking with only one blinker, step on brakes and the lights go out acting like a poor ground, but there shouldn't be one.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This was cut and pasted from another part to the site. Again any help will help, I have several more gray hairs because of this.
    trichie
    Hello Trichie,
    I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage so I can look into this further? Is the vehicle at the dealership currently or is it at your home with a dead battery? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
  • so im playing ball saturday and strom rolls in my truck gets hit by lightning and all the fuse are blown so i replaced all of them and still will not start and im have no clue about working on truck ect. so has any one ran into this prob. or know someone that this has happen to thanks, the truck is a 2001 1500 4x4 so any info will be great
  • what exactly was your truck doing? mine will show the engine light and the heater on the passager side will blow hot air. Light goes out and tach acts up, signals quit, and the AC quits. sometimes the dash lights flicker. Sound familar?
  • sp206sp206 Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    I have the same problem with my 2005 Chevrolet Silverado dually and was wondering what you had to do to fix the problem ?
  • chevelkchevelk Posts: 1
    99 Chev Silverado 4.8 engine. I went through some water several weeks ago and a couple of days later the cesl came on and hasn't cleared. I took off the battery wire to clear it but the light is still on. Any ideas?