Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Electrical and Computer Questions

Comments

• I also have a 2003 chevy silverado that is having the same issue as you, but my 4 wheel drive doesn't work, and the radio does work. It seems to happen when it is cold but it has been on for 2 days now, it warmed up some and it isn't going off. Have you any luck in finding out what is causing it?
  • i did solve my mystery it was the ignition switch in the sterring column 33 $ part , small electrical device behind the key switch. when it gets worn the contacts dont tell the truck to turn on everthing . solved my problem but i dont have 4 wheel
  • Hello Sarah

I got lucky with my M mode shifting issue, there was a broken wire off the shifter arm under the rubber boot on the shifting column. I soldered that together and it works fine.

However, I need a new stereo (kids, pop, gravel road, need I say more?)
    I found a used one, its specs read the same as whats equipped in my Denali, but model numbers are different.
    Would a stereo with model #: 20785735 fit in my truck, where the stereo that came out is model #:25840249?

Theres no NAV, my truck is BOSE equipped with Rear Seat Entertainment.

If it isn't compatible, I'll remove the faceplate and exchange the parts, see if that'll work.

What would the best email be to reach you at?

Thank you.
  • topsteeltopsteel Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    5.0 liter eng.-just replaced the fuel pump and filter - now have an issue w/ starting- will start with starting fluid and run quite well- i have a 5" lt gray (dirty white) wire that looks as tho it got disconnected when i lifted the air cleaner- it comes from the large wire harness, has a 3 prong plastic clip about an inch wide and will reach into the carb barrel which doesnt make sense as there is no slot for the wire w/ air cleaner on- also it has no metal showing on clip which leads me to believe it is a sensor---what is it and where do i connect it? any insight please been at this a month THANX
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    givingupongm,
    Thanking you for taking the time to post. I am glad to hear that your shifting concerns have been resolved. Please email me your VIN and the two part numbers and I will investigate that further for you. Our email address is located in my user profile. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Hi Christina

I was fortunate, once again, to find an easy solution.

Here in Calgary, a company called York Electronics Ltd. specializes in refurbishing GMC electronics.

They had an exact replacement radio for my truck in stock.
  • bleudobleudo Posts: 6
    GM customer service, I need assistance with my 2001 C2500 Sliverado. My instrument panel isn't working at all. Pretty much dead. Is there a recall or antyhing? This is a huge safety issue. If you need more info, please let me know.

thx,

Greer
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning,
    I would be happy to look into this for you if you would please get me the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Do you have a phone number that I can instead? thx
    Here are the last eight digits 1z102818
    Thank you for getting that information to me. I do see an open recall on your vehicle pertaining to the front wheel speed sensor. Would you like assistance setting up an appointment to get this taken care of? If so, please send me an email to the address in my profile here on Edmunds with your name, the name of your preferred dealership, and the best days/times for an appointment and I would be happy to get that for them.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Sarah, Thanks for checking on that. I appreciate the offer to schedule an appointment but I'm not sure when I'll be available. I noticed that the Chevrolet Silveradoes have a lot problems with the instrument panels. Why isn't there a recall on this particular item? thx Greer
    Happy to help. As for why there is not a recall issued on the instrument panels, I wish I could answer but I don't have any part in the decision making processes there. I would be interested to know how your recall appointment does go for you, if you ever get the chance to go in.

Although a diagnostic fee would generally be applied for a dealership to look into what is going on with your instrument panel, it might be worthwhile to ask them to look into it while you're in for the recall work.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jeffreyajeffreya Posts: 4
    Glenn,,,,or anyone else dealing with this......have you figured out a fix? my 2003 Silverado 1500 LT is doing the same thing.....I hoped to keep this truck a few more years but the ABS and brake lights have got me scared....not to mention the service 4wd message, no cruise control or heater/defroster blower
    Sarah, this is bleudo. I called the service department of the only Chevrolet Dealership in Waycross, GA. I was told the recall was only for the brakes because of rust and that I had to live a certain state to qualify for the recall. What do I do?
  • barnowl3barnowl3 Posts: 70
    Sarah, Bleudo,
    I owned an '03 Sierra and I received letter stating the instrument panels were defective and GM offered to replace them if they failed before 70,000 miles, but would only pay for the parts between 70 and 80,000 miles. My friends '04 Yukon failed a few months after buying it used from a certified dealer, and as luck would have it, it failed at about 71,000 miles, so he got stuck with a $400 labor bill. After bringing the dealer my letter, they finally agreed that it was a known problem for the '04 as well, as they denied knowledge of the issue at first. Maybe this problem is not well advertised at the dealers or your database? Maybe it is the same problem with Bleudo's '01? It certainly does cause everything to go haywire when they do fail.

I would be very interested in learning of any recalls on rusty brakes.
    barnowl3,
    Do you still have your Sierra? I can check to see if there are any open recalls on your vehicle if you wanted to get me the last 8 digits of your VIN in an email.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hello Sarah

I have a 2003 GMC Sierra SLT. My dashboard can not be trusted. Speedo, alternator and oil pressure will randomly give false readings. seats and mirrors adjust themselves. We joke that the truck is possessed.

Can you please check for recalls for me .... last 8 digits on VIN are 31190074

Thanks

Thunder3000
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    thunder3000,
    Thank you for your post. There appears to be an open recall on your vehicle for the tailgate. I would recommend getting into a dealer to take care of it. It appears this is a Canadian vehicle. If you are in Canada I would recommend contacting GM of Canada at 800-263-3777. Please feel free to email me directly.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service