Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Electrical and Computer Questions

Comments

• gw1998gw1998 Posts: 6
    Cannot figure out why the back brake lights aren't working on my 1998 Cadillac Catera. ALL fuses are good. ALL bulbs are working. ALL lights work except the brake lights. I put my foot on the brakes..nothing happens. I recently had a new radiator installed. Did they hit a switch or an electrical wire under the hood? The brake lights were working before I had the radiator installed? I hope it's something simple. As soon as I get them working...I'm selling ASAP.
  • just bought 1997 1500 ex cab airbag light on Does anyone know how to resrt it thx
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,496
    Since this is a Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra discussion, you'll get a faster response asking in Cadillac Catera: Maintenance & Repair

kcram - Pickups Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• takctakc Posts: 1
    have same code and condition.have u come up with fix
  • deducerdeducer Posts: 2
    '97 GMC Sierra 2500 all brake and tail lights intermittently burn out (black bulb). Is this due to a voltage/current spike?
  • malbitzmalbitz Posts: 4
    I just bought a cap for my 07 Silverado NBS. On the other trucks I have owned there was a wire ran to the back of the truck for the third brake light on the truck cap. On this truck, the cap dealer said there wasn't a wire. If you use the wire in the tail light, the 3rd/eye level light will blink with the driectional signal. The two local chevy dealers have not been able to get an answer for me. Has anybody ran into this? Or do I need to run a mire from the front of the truck.

Thnaks in advance for your help.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    I don't see why you can't run a wire/splice off one of the
    taillights..............

Anyhoo........What about running a tap wire off the trailer
    plug or the bundled wires behind the rear bumper?
  • malbitzmalbitz Posts: 4
    Taillights will cause the brake light to blink with the directional. There is not a brake only light (that I can find). If you have the brakes on and turn the directional signal on, both bulbs blink. In the trailer connection, the only output not affected by the directional is the Electric Brakes. But I don't know if there is a reason the dealer didn't use that one. Does anyone know if it is variable on the power output for the trailer brakes.

I will look for the bundle of wires to see if I can find that.

Thanks for the info.
  • jaselvisjaselvis Posts: 1
    I have two problems, first is the power window on the passenger side quit working last summer and then this winter the drivers side quit. When I push the button to operate the window there is no blink from the dash lights to indicate a power draw. Fuses check good and wires look ok. Second problem, the truck has a five speed fan and the first two speeds are not working. Blows fine on 3, 4, 5. I read somewhere that it could be the blower motor harness ? Thanks for any help.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    There are diodes that need to be replaced for the first two speeds on your controller. You will need to remove the front face panel of the a/c control to get to the diodes. Or you could do what I did and bought a replacement on ebay for $30. diodes are cheaper tho...

If you have a meter you can check for power to the power window motor. Odds are that the motor is dead. Famous problem for the GM trucks. So much so that they stopped shipping the motor and controller together due to the high failure rate of the motor it was starting to cost too much money so now they sell just the motor without the controller.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    If you really want that bulletin you could get it for $14.95 at www.alldatadiy.com

Just subscribe to your truck's year and it will list all 120 TSBs out on your truck. Who knows you might find other items of interest.... ;)
  • I issues started with a gage cluster going bad which I replaced about a year ago About six mouths age my heater fan started to cut out every once in a while seeming to draw on the system and to the point of reducing the idle and almost stalling out the eng. At the same time just once I tried to start the truck and when I turned the key I just got some clicking and the gages went a little crazy. After replacing the blower things seemed fine. Just last week the same starting issue has started up and even a low rough idle. I am not sure what to do but I know the dealer will just tell me to bring it in when it is having the problem. One other thing that is going wrong is my trailer tow will not activate I am a little werrie that I am driving a time bomb
  • bmli111bmli111 Posts: 2
    I have a 1991 GMC Sierra. Everytime I brake one of my 4 lights light up. MY taillights work. My right turn signal doesn't work either. I changed the bulbs. What can this be?? PLEASE HELP!!
  • My guess would be a bad turn signal switch. You will need to pull the steering wheel and check it out. It's not that hard. Good luck.
  • dolphan456dolphan456 Posts: 3
    When you checked the wiring, did you check the junction board which is under the bed. The wiring bundle comes back from the front into a junction board and then is distributed to the lighting clusters. These connections are subject to water intrusion which corrodes the contacts.