Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New CX-7 Owners Give us your report

SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
Are you a new CX-7 owner? Give us your report!

Comments

• billvackbillvack Posts: 11
    Just picked up my CX-7 yesterday.
    GT AWD Copper Red, with the Tech and Performance Package, and RSA tires.
    Only 100 miles on it - but it rides great and feels terrific.
    Navigation is cool - but can't figure out how to change the clock ??
    Will give MPG as time goes on.
  • honakerhonaker Posts: 74
    can't figure out how to change the clock

Yeah, I had problems with that too.

To set the clock, press the following:NAVI
    MENU
    Navigation Setup
    Calibration
    Set Clock
  • hondas2khondas2k Posts: 9
    On the interior headliner to the left of the microphone is another sensor that looks like an IR sensor. Does anyone know what this is for?
  • russ_49russ_49 Posts: 54
    Thanks for the input. I didn't get what I would have liked, but I got more than NADA wholesale for it, which is ok, probably because of the repeat buying record, and ended up slightly above dealer invoice. That being said, "I JUST FELL IN LOVE AGAIN"!! But, don't tell my wife!! GT AWD, Copper Red, with Nav package, and a few other extras!

One question I have for you, being a Mazda dealer, the car is so new to the dealership, it came in on Thursday last week, that they did not have the Certificate of Origin on hand, so I couldn't drive off with it Saturday. How long will it take for the dealship to get the CO? The GM at the dealership said that everything should be ready more than likely no later than this coming Tuesday.

By the way, my wife thinks the car is very cool! And has already been hitting me up to use it to go to work. Now I really don't think that is quite fair, seeing as though when I bought her her new 05 Tribute last year, I wasn't taking her car!!! I guess I'll have to give in, because she was there when I was writing out the additional deposit check, and didn't have a problem with it. SHE'S THE BOSS, YOU KNOW!! :P
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Posts: 498
    Guess you'll have to bargain with her, maybe you can alternate, one week you drive the CX7 to work, then next week, she does. :P
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    it came in on Thursday last week, that they did not have the Certificate of Origin on hand, so I couldn't drive off with it Saturday. How long will it take for the dealship to get the CO?

They usually arrive the day before the car arrives...but its not uncommon to arrive a few days afterwards. So they should get it anyday. Enjoy your new CX!!
  • kinggoopkinggoop Posts: 15
    I've had my CX-7 for about a week now. I still just absolutely love it.

Just got the MOC and the Lo Jack put in mine yesterday too. The Sound System sounded a little 2D for me .. still does depending on what kind of music I'm listening to. Does not sound all that great with rock but.. with hip hop and R&B.. sounds great.

Love the transmission as well.. 6 speed.. turbo.. wow. For an SUV..it can giddyupandgo pretty nicely. (I used to drive a 305z so.. this new car has alot to live up to. :P )

After my first test drive .. my wife and I fell in love with it as well. And so far we are very happy with our purchase.
    congrats!

RE your assessment of the sound quality. You didn't specify the source of your music. Just remember that Centerpoint (surround sound) only functions with CDs.

Vince.
    OH.. yeah.. the source of the music was a CD.

Groups such as Disturbed, Three Doors Down, Linkin Park.. all kinda sounded 2D. Other group such as Outkast, E40, Sean Paul and Nelly sounded real good and had an overall 3D sound to it and overall better sound quality.
    HAHAHA.. I had the same problem as well. Took me forever to figure it out. I even had the user's manual in front of me, but it only showed me how to work it with a model without a nav system. lol... finally figured it out, but it took me close to 20 minutes to do so.
    hmmm, interesting. I wonder if the way music is encoded on the disc makes a difference or if it's the music itself, the dynamic range between highs and lows?

Vince.
  • wjbushsrwjbushsr Posts: 135
    That would be the indriect lighting for the stick shift.
    Blue light emits from it. {GT only}
    Yep, only visible at night with the headlights on. Fabulous eery glow that matches the blue background in the dash.

Vince.
    Tell you what, go get Carlos Santana's "Supernatural" put it in the deck, if you have the Bose system and then turn it up to about "35" and sit back and relax! Then tell me it sounds 2D!!!!! SWEET!!!! :shades:
    lol 35. That would prolly sound nice, but... a little loud. HOwever.. I also have to report that I think I lost that CD somewhere during one of my military moves. >,<!
    Well.. ya also got to figure that R&B and Hip Hop tend to use alot more bass in the music rather than rock and alternative or punk rock tends to use more treble. Therefore the mid and higher ranged speakers are being used more often than the subs. I think that a majority of the high range speakers are located on the dash and doors.. so you're not getting much from behind.
    Or better yet drop in anything from Steely Dan's Aja, or Pink Floyd's entire collection and prepare to be amazed!
    The Wall is wild!
    Boston's first album; Dire Strait's Brothers In Arm; or for the ultimate Rock Out, try the REAL King of Rock: Jimi Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower! :shades:

For those in the know; Kool and the Gang's Summer Madness is one you might want to listen to on a road with a few less travelers! You'll know why! :P
    Hey.. Just curious if anyone else is having a strange slight grinding sound when going into second gear when you first start going.

I start the car .. I start to go and then it kinda grinds when going into second gear (or a hard shift) but never happens again except for the first time it goes into second. Anyone else experience that?
    Nope, mine shifts smoothly through all gears. I have the GT AWD.

vince
    Call your service dept! There should be NO grinding with this transmission! Grinding, if you can hear it through all of the insulation especially, is truly a cause for alarm! Don't wait for it to happen for all of the gears. :sick:
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,184
    There's a Mazda chat tonight - check the link on the left for your time zone. Starts in a little less than 5 hours from now. Zoom zoom!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Finally let the wife take the CX-7 to work for the day! She drove into the local coffee shop, and the clerk at the window first asked if it was an Infinity! My wife said "No, it's a Mazda", and they started doing the commercial! Putting their heads down, listening, and saying "It's a Sports Car"! Then stated, "A VERY HOT CAR"!

Her co-worker's asked if she bought a new car, and asked if it was a Lexus! My wife told them it was a Mazda, and they couldn't believe how awsome the car was, when she took them for a spin!!

VERY COOL!!! ;)
  • GT AWD with tech package and homelink mirror. Love the style and the zip or should I say zoom zoom. A bit stiff of a ride, but very sporty. Still trying to find the proper seat adjustment. I think a telescoping steering wheel would help. Nav not as intuitive as my Garmin C330, but much more feature rich. The ride is fairly quiet.
  • callmerayzcallmerayz Posts: 11
    12 days 1300 miles and still happy.
    Price is very fair. Great value... Watch out Nissan, ford, GM, crysler, Toyota... Your customers are driving off in new CX-7 going ZOOM ZOOM.
  • marleybarrmarleybarr Posts: 334
    Thinking seriously about the CX-7. What is your driving impressions so far?
    Does this mean I'm a hardcore enthusiast?

You certainly are VB!!! I see you have the TECH package! Can tell by the location of the camera mount! Exactly the same as mine!!! GOTTA LUV IT!!!

I went to a wedding last weekend, found a parking spot close to the door, so I went and moved my CX after they told me I had to park in the street! When I went to get out of the car the country club manager started to walk over to me, I thought I was in trouble and would have to move. She wanted to sit in my CX! She had just bought a Murano 6 weeks earlier and wanted to take a look. After I went over everything with her and told her the difference in price, she stated that she was going to go down to see my dealer, and was seriously thinking of trading in her M!!!

The very next day, while my wife was at the walkup ATM another guy got out of his car, and came over...he fell in love with it, a subaru guy, who stated that he's been looking at the CX for a while, and mine was the first that he had seen on the road....

Copper Red, AWD, with Nav, and additional toys, VIN number in the low 200's...and loving every minute of it!

By the way, did you get your "ZOOM-ZOOM" rear window decal in the mail yet? Mine is in!!! ;)
    LOL, yes the sticker came in the mail - still sitting on the table here. Guess I'll have to put it now.

Vince.
    BTW, where did you put that ZOOM-ZOOM decal? I can't figure out where to put it.

Vince.
  • zoom49zoom49 Posts: 76
    Most likely spot is on one of the windows, however our sticker was black so it wont show up.