Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New CX-7 Owners Give us your report

Comments

• My CX7 is working fine now. What did they do to yours?
  • My downshifts very easily if it is going up hill
  • I didn't know they had a learning mode. Where is that specified?
  • You're probably right, but I have a feeling the cruise control probably does a better job of accelerating slower than we can by using our foot therefore probably a good guess as to why it downshifts less in cruise control. I find it does it less if I think about accelerting before I apply pressure to the pedal.

I'll bet the CX7 also downshifts quite a bit more than most other cars if you are running the engine RPMs right around the area where the turbo kicks in.
  • wjbushsrwjbushsr Posts: 135
    Its artificial intelligence, or fuzzy logic if you will...

The chips inside of your newer vehicles are designed to "learn" your driving habits to better your engine life and give you better gas mileage.

Right now I have 22k on my CX-7 and the jerking has disappeared from the ride completely, at the beginning however it took me a while to get used to it. :shades:
  • "Its artificial intelligence, or fuzzy logic if you will...

The chips inside of your newer vehicles are designed to "learn" your driving habits to better your engine life and give you better gas mileage.

Right now I have 22k on my CX-7 and the jerking has disappeared from the ride completely, at the beginning however it took me a while to get used to it."

I've never heard this mentioned before and don't see it advertised as a feature.

Does that mean if I let my wife drive it for a month the car will get mad at me and change? LOL
  • wjbushsrwjbushsr Posts: 135
    You can do an online search for it, but just ask your tech next time you drop in. I think BMW started it, or maybe Volvo, I'm not sure but the onboard computer is what does all of the adjustments now...
    They even have names like "adaptive learning" for it but it's pretty much all the same.

BTW; I let my wife drive my CX-7, as long as she didn't kill anything, I'm happy ;)
  • Well, I did it again last night. Left the headlights on and ran the battery to nothing. Had to jump start it at 6:30 this morning. Can anyone explain why in 2007 the headlights wouldnt at some point go off automatically. It has been so many years since I have had to turn headlights off manually, I know I am doomed to repeat this many times.
    Help.
  • nmknmk Posts: 111
    I think that if you switch the lights ON using the automatic setting, when you shut the engine off and leave your car, the lights should shut off in a few seconds.

BTW, did you call Mazda road side service. It is part of your warrantee. They should come and give you a boot charge at no cost. I wonder if anyone has used this service yet? :confuse:

Darth Vader Grey GT AWD W/tech Package
  • Believe it or not, there is not an automatic setting. Either off or on. Thats the problem. In other cars i have had going back forever, that didnt have the auto feature, even if you left the lights on, they would eventually go off themselves. Unbelievable.
  • "Believe it or not, there is not an automatic setting."

There is on the GTs. Works fine.
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Posts: 498
    bump carlitos opinion. In the GT, if the headlight switch is placed in the auto position and headlights are on, due to dim lighting conditions, the headlights turn off when the ignition is switched off.

But I'm puzzled why robert52 had a problem in the first place. The buzzer, quite loudly, lets you know if the headlights are on, when the ignition is turned off and the door is opened? Need a hearing aid? I know a good website! :P

Vince.

Vince.
  • cxrabbitcxrabbit Posts: 134
    LOL Vince... there one one day I forced my headlights on during the day (it was raining) and when I got to my destination and turned off the car -- well, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP -- I sat there bewildered looking around trying to figure out what the heck that LOUD-A$S beep was until I remembered the headlights.

I'm not sure how anyone could miss that sound ;)
  • If you leave your lights on and exit the vehicle through an open window, the beep does not occur. This is obviously a design flaw with the CX-7.
    That's a silly argument. Why would anyone exit through the window? Last time I checked, that's what a door is designed to do...yes? :confuse:

Vince.
  • Weird. I have only tried exiting the vehicle through the sunroof, and it works fine then. :P
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    Vinny, I think you missed the sarcasm in his post.
    Sarcasm? It's not in my job description! ;)
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    It's not in my job description!

It wasn't in mine either but I put it in to maintain sanity.
    Why is Manuel leaving via the window?
    Doesn't the door work, shouldn't it be under warranty? :confuse:

Darth Vader Grey, etc., etc.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Do you like apples???.....The results are in of a survey done by Warranty Direct, with their results concluding Mazda is top in reliability in a test that consisted of 450,000 vehicles, 33 mfg's in the United States and United Kingdom.....How you like them apples? :shades:

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_display.cfm?release=25480
  • extech2extech2 Posts: 120
    "Why is Manuel leaving via the window?
    Doesn't the door work, shouldn't it be under warranty?"

My wife and I, we are always getting in and out of our cars through the open front windows. Years back a salesman told us this will save wear and tear on the door locks and the latch mechanism. The only problem is that as we are approaching retirement age, the task is becoming increasingly difficult.
  • I don't make a habit of taking the keys out of my cars when I they are in the garage. With the key in the ignition, the headlight warning doesnt make a sound.
    Sorry to learn that your headlight warning doesn't make a sound. Pray tell, exactly where do you live and I will see if I can arrange someone to relieve you of your vehicle.LOL :shades:
  • ok - maybe I've been spoiled with my Subaru Legacy....but we've had a couple of bad snow days here in Toronto (finally) and I have to say the Bridgestone Tires are absolute crap.

And I'm not really feeling the handling of the AWD either.

There's been more ABS chatter in the last week than after 5 years of driving the Subaru.

Maybe it's a combination of the low end power and weight of the vehicle.

I'm thinking about getting a better set of tires....

aargh
    He lives somewhere in Shawnee Kansas. They must be very trusting to leave their keys in the ignition, even in a garage. :P

Vince.
    I'm impressed. Northern VA got some good wintry mix yesterday (2/25). Maybe 2 inches (not much by northern standards), but enough to make all of the timid drivers chug along at 25 MPH on the freeways.

Me? Buzzed right by them in unplowed lanes. Averaged about 45 MPH, considering the slush I was plowing through. I have the GT AWD, so handled all of that with relative ease. No out-of-control, slipping and sliding. Noticed the TCS/ESC indicator flashing periodically.

All-in-all, I'm still thrilled, even with 16,000 miles under my belt! :P

Vince.
    Curiously, 1stMazda disagrees, see his remark #148. :mad:
    What tires is your CX-7 togged out in? :confuse:

Darth Vader Grey GT etc. etc.
    Mine came with the Eagle GTs.

V.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    To be honest, I think it is the tires. My father in law is a CX-7 owner, after owning 13 Subaru's, and he told me it is excellent in the snow, very responsive and planted. He does have the Good Year tires though....

ABS chatter??? Please explain. If it is what I think it is, you are in a much heavier vehicle then any Legacy, which means it's tougher to stop in sloppy conditions, hence the ABS kicking in. Keep in mind, AWD does not help you stop!