Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Fuel and Fuel System Questions

2»

Comments

• Car would hesitate at highway speeds and then just stall out. Had it towed to a Hyundai dealership. Not mine since I was 100 miles away. They ran diagnostics and found nothing so they decided I had water in the gas tank. It was late on a Saturday, and they said they would go to Auto Zone on Monday and buy some dry gas. Were going to run a different diagnostic that I would have to pay for because of the water. Put dry gas in and it didn't help. Called my dealership and they wanted to know if they did a fuel sample. They said no, they were going to take fuel pump off. Said they were doing things backwards. Just called me and said they are replacing fuel pump, no water...fuel pump was defective. My dealership called them, and I think they put them on the right track. Just needed to vent !!!!!
  • My '03 Santa Fe GLS (V6) has 170,000+ miles. Recently I have hard time to start it up. It will take 10+ seconds to start the engine up. Once it start and everything is running fine. No engine light up ever. One garage said it may be the fuel pump problem, but they cannot grantee on that. Could some one give my some advice. Thank you so much.
  • somedai1somedai1 Posts: 416
    it is accurate that fuel pump is suspect - that is one of the only things that can begin to fail and not throw a svc eng light on.... you can try tune up and emission system cleaning to look for improvement but that may be a waste of money and time - if those things were problems - svc eng light would be likely to be present...
  • Thank you very much.
  • my 04 had the same problem it was the perge valve on the fuel system a part of the smog system
  • We have an 08 and every time we fill it full with gas it will start and die. It will do this a couple of times and then run just fine. any ideas what this could be I thought possible fuel filter.
    Thanks
  • my check engine light comes on when my gas gets to the 1/2 way mark. I retighten the cap and a couple of car starts later it will go off. Advance Auto says it's my O2 sensor, but I think it's just my gas cap. If it is my sensor..how hard is that to change?
  • chryn4chryn4 Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 sante fe and it seem to using less than ten miles per gallon and sometimes i smell gas. when driving to about 25 miles per hour the car jet and the engine light is on. Can someone help me with solution?
  • i have a 2001 hyundia santa fa, imy engine light is o so i took it to a shop to find out y. they ssaid my o2 sencer needs to be canged and i have a vacuum leak.. they wanted over 2000 to fix it so i am going to try to do it myself.. now how can i find out where the leak is comeing from and how do i know what sencr need to be change... any help would help me out thanks....
  • when i am driving around 25 miles hr i smell gas.. it does not look like i have a leak what would cause this to happenn.
2»