Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q7 Accessories

2»

Comments

• I'm trying to find reasonably priced roof rack cross bars and mounts for my Q7's factory roof rack. Audi wants an astounding $390 for the kit (two bars and four mounts)!

I read in some forums that Thule UK has a system that works, but when I tried to order the parts and have them shipped to the US, roofracks.uk would not ship to the US for insurance reasons.

Thule USA does not carry the part numbers Thule UK lists for the Q7. I have requested these specific parts from Thule USA twice and they have sent back a standard "not available" response.

My Audi dealer parts department believes Thule has an agreement with Audi not to sell those parts in the US since Thule makes these rack systems for Audi.

Any ideas? I'd like to use my Thule box, but the attachment system used on my previous vehicle (Audi Allroad) will not work.
  • grn95grn95 Posts: 48
    Has anyone seen the thin S-Line Wheel Lip moldings available for purchase? They are not oversized like the "off road" moldings listed in accessories on audiusa.com. I would like to install the S-Line moldings for wider tire coverage. Any info appreciated. One dealer said they are not available at this time.
    Some S-Lines do not have the wheel-well lip moldings and some do. A dealer said it was only on the S-Line premium but still no info on ordering/part no. etc. Anyone familiar them? Anyone, Beuller, Bueller, anyone.... Happy New Year, this forum is sparse.
    In response to grn95 S wheel molding, I have found them. They are not cheap:

Left front (2 pieces)

4L0 853 727 B GRU 186.03

4L0 853 717 B GRU 272.08

Right front (2 pieces)

4L0 853 728 B GRU 186.03

4L0 853 718 B GRU 272.08

Left rear (3 pieces)

4L0 854 819 A GRU 186.03

4L0 853 817 B GRU 186.03

4L0 853 827 A GRU 186.03

Right rear (3 pieces)

4L0 854 820 A GRU 186.03

4L0 853 818 B GRU 186.03

4L0 853 828 A GRU 186.03

These parts all come primed ready for paint. Prices however do not include paint, or tax.
  • I recently had a dealership add an Audi hitch, and electrical harness with 7 to 4 pin adapter to my 2007 4.2 Q7.
    When I hooked up my trailer most everything works (turn signals, hazard lights) except the brake lights. When starting the car I get a message that the brake bulbs are out, first on the left side, then both.
    Notes: The trailer lights are brand new, and work fine on a friends Tahoe. They are standard bulb lights (not LED).
    I bought a second 7 to 4/5 Pin adapter and the problem exists with it and the one supplied by Audi initially.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Any suggestions?
  • dino2kdino2k Posts: 9
    Hi guys, I have a 3.6 Q7 09 for at least 3 months now. I wanted to get a set of runningboards for my Q7 but not from the dealer cuz they're pretty expensive. Anyone ever try on that brand Romik runningboards, or any suggestion on what to get for the sidestep. Thanks a lot.
    dino, I have never heard of Romik but looked them up. They look great in the picture. $427 black $485 stainless makes them really attractive (that was thru realtruck.com--the first link I clicked on). Way cheaper than dealer. I wanted to get the Q7 4.2 tips but at $400 I obviously passed... Hopefully someone here has more info. My question would be how easy is it to install them (do you need to drill holes/bolt on etc). The aftermarket for Q7's is really slim & really really pricey. Found some nothelle wheel arches, they are $1500 unpainted. Let us know what you end up doing.
    Hey grn95, thank you for your input. If you have time then look up at autoanything.com. Go to Audi Q7 under the year 2008 then click on (Bull bars) , there you could see it the runningboards on the vehicle with the bull bar. It looks really good , but I have to wait for 2 weeks for the stainless one because it's back order. I also wanted to look for the tips like the 4.2 but still had a hard time looking for the exact one. If I find similar one to the 4.2 then I'll post it up. Thanks again.
  • muddy3muddy3 Posts: 1
    I had same problem with Tiguan when I installed trailer control box to complete VW pre-wiring.

Take it back to dealer and tell them to log on to vehicle computer and activate trailer option as right now system doesn't know there is trailer. There is several locations they have to go through to complete activation.

I have my own VAG-COM cable so it is kinda sad to see service guys don't know crap about the brand they represents.
    Hi guys, I'm just about to order either the ROMIK sidestep or the runningboards. Anyone has any suggestions on which one will look nicer on my Q7 with the S-line. Your comments is very appreciated. Thank you.
    dino, I am not sure anyone else checks this board anymore... I am not able to see the sidesteps on the Q7, but there are pics of the runningboards. The sidesteps look nice but I dont think they would look right on the Q. The runningboards go with the lines better at least in the pic. The sidesteps would look better on a lifted 4x4 etc in my opinion. Whatever you decide post a pic!
    Thanks again grn95, I think you're right. I guess because i'm the newest members so I have a lot of opinions to say. I have to wait till the first week of may because it's back order but I will definitely post it up when I have it install on the Q7.
  • niketalk1niketalk1 Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 3.6 premium plus Q7 with almost everything I wanted....except for the S-line body kit and also the bi-xenon headlight.

Is it possible for me to purchase the bi-xenon headlights from Audi and have it installed? Parts/Service guy told me that since the wirings are different, it would not be possible?
    But just wanted to get your guys take on it.

I am assuming with the S-line body kit, I can just purchase and have it installed.

Thanks
  • Does anyone have any "solutions" to allow me to pair my Blackberry World Phone, 8830, with my 2007 Q7? The Blackberry is runnning v4.2.2.148 (Platform 3.0.0.67) software. I wish the car companies would standardize the bluetooth interface so that all handsets would work.
  • Hey

I have just purchased Audi Q7 2009 3.6 without the navigation can anyone suggest me how to add the navigation to the MMI of the Q7

Thanks
  • arriearrie Posts: 312
    Hey ph1972,

I have the same issue and there might be a very easy and good solution.

I took my '09 Q7 to the dealer for the first oil change service. The service coordinator told me that all Q7s came pre-wired for navigation. He even showed me the harness where it plugs in. It is located in the right back corner of the vehicle behind the tool holder.

He said he will check on this a bit more as their parts department does not know about this. Audi system only knows what the car came with, which info is based on the VIN number.

He told me it really looks like it can be done and I'm still waiting for final info.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Arrie
  • Thanks Arrie it will be good if we find a solution some navigation DVD are sold on ebay

ph1972
    Ok,

Got the answer to the question, i.e. how to add Audi navigation to the MMI.

The good news is that it can be done, the bad news is it costs quite a lot. Installation I think is not very difficult but parts cost a lot of money.

My dealer service guy told me first it would cost $550 - 650. Well, it is a bit more.

The navigation unit itself (with software included) costs $1639. In addition to this you need a bracket that holds the unit in the car. This is only $26.73. Then there is a "retrofit" part, which I understand is a wiring component that connects between the navigation unit and that wire harness in the back right corner of the vehicle.

I was quoted the parts at $2102.21 tax included today. Installation is extra, of course, and the whole thing would probably come to about $2500.

Arrie
    So,

I ordered the navigation system to be added in my Q7 by my dealer. It is expensive but I was told that it will be covered under the same car warranty just as if it had been in the car when I bought it. There is someone in the E-Bay motors selling this same kit for a couple of hundreds less but for the benefit of warranty I choose to have it done by my dealer. Installation I could probably do myself but for the warranty I will not touch it.

Arrie
    Arrie--thanks for the update/info. If you dont mind, can you let us know how it goes and how much the final bill is? There were 2 dealers selling the Nav kits on ebay but I have been very hesitant myself in ordering from them. Installation does seem straight forward but I have no interest in messing with Audi warranty. Their prices are absolutely insane for service etc and if something were to happen electronically and they blamed it on customer that could be some big $$$$. Also, do u know if the Bluetooth is included with Nav?
    What do you mena by Bluetooth?

I have Bluetooth phone interface in my Q7 but not the Navi. Bluetooth phone interface is separate from Navigation.

Arrie
  • misakmisak Posts: 1
    I was just checking my system because my Bluetooth stopped working yesterday. If anyone interested, I can post some pictures where everything is located and how it is connected. I have Sirius XM, NAV, Bluetooth, MMI in the car.
    Yes,

Please post photos!

Arrie
    I have now completed installation of navigation to my '09 Q7.

This was quite pricey but I think the car is worth it.

Parts from the dealer coast $1928.63 and installation is 2-3 hours. Because of a mix-up with my installation that ended up taking the whole day the dealer gave installation for free. One detail is that Audi parts number and documentation list the navigation unit and CD as one but parts came without the CD. I was first told that I must buy one for $199 from Navteq but in the end I was given the CD.

Total parts could end up being $2128.63 + Tax if you cannot get the CD included.

But, the main thing here is that the factory NAV is very good and completes my car now. I'm very happy having this done even though it is quite pricey.

Arrie
  • ph1972ph1972 Posts: 5
    Thanks Arrie

I will Aslo prefer to get it done from thr dealer
  • I have a 2007 Q7 with the basic MMI. It was a dealer demo vehicle. I had them integrate an iPod ( works sporadically at best which of course they did not warn me of) as well as an aftermarket bluetooth system that is pretty low budget. Wondering if it is possible to buy an upgraded/2010 MMI system that has an iPod interface that works, navigation as well as bluetooth and install that without the dealer. I am approaching 50K miles so warranties are about to expire anyway. Thoughts anyone??
    Integrate an iPod that works sporadically. What do you mean by that?

If you had Audi dealer install the AMI then it works always when you have it connected to the iPod with the cable. If it does not then there is something wrong with it and you should have them fix it before your warranty runs out.

AMI, Bluetooth and Navigation are separate modules that are built to be integrated system with the MMI. I don't know why some of this would work "sporadically" if installation is done by the Audi dealer.

Arrie
  • I have a 2007 Q7 and was thinking abt the Ipod integration. Dealer quoted me $2K to do so. Understand it works fine (nothing about sporadic issues). I have also heard good things about the Dension Gateway Ipod kit.
  • I purchased the mObridge Audio for my Audi Q7 for the iPod/iPhone and it works like a charm. Allows scrolling using steering wheel controls and the MMI. Streaming audio like Pandora works well also. It was about $550 installed
  • Audi Q7 4.2 Quattro

I bought Audi Q7 last year Sept 2009; I used the Car from Sept to April 2010.

I packed the car and went for six months business trip , my wife only warm the car every 3 days without test driving it.

Now she is experience problem with the car.

Q7 Starting problem

The Speedometer light is off

The boot only closes manually.

Mechanic has checked every fuse is working,

When I put the ignition, its on but cant start the car and the Speedometer light signal is off.

Pls I need some help or direction

Mr Michael
2»