Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Tracker Real World MPG

2»

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,015
  • arkainzeyearkainzeye pittsburgh paPosts: 473
    This might be a wild guess but i was wondering is there any chance that the hood was from a 2.0? any chance it was wrecked or had just hood damage? I say that cause when i used to have a 1999 2door 2.0 tracker i went under it to do my first oil change and found a yr2000 front axle. it was marked that from a salvage yard. It wasnt wrecked but i heard 99 had some issues and the dealership replaced the front axle. I used it for 50,000+ miles and never had any problems with my 4x4, and if i didnt look i would have never known about the replacement front axle. Its probably more believeable that the factory messed up. I was just wondering if there was a chance someone replaced and just painted the hood or found a hood that matched the color.? does the hood line up right?
  • wojowwojow Posts: 12
    Hood lines up fine with, I think that's the best idea how I end up with the 2.0l sticker. Carfax shows 14 records for this car. For 7 years old vehicle, this seems to be quite few. Don't want to spend $30- to find out though.
    I think I am happy that the motor turned out to be 1.6l.....I think......... I prefer good gas mileage over few more ponies.
    I am thinking of making a spoiler for my hardtop...............hmmmmmm.
    Yes, it has to be a hood from another Tracker, that's the only logical explanation.
    Thank you guys!
    I did a car fax when i had my 1999 tracker 2door 2.0. I found it it was titled as a business car for a flower shop! lol That might explain my front axle being replaced.? too many people driving it and they might havedriven it in 4x4 on dry pavement.? My 99 was titled more than i liked when i got it and it only had 41k miles on it at that time..
  • My guess is either your Tracker has been mislabled from the factory or it has been wrecked and had the hood changed out.
  • wojowwojow Posts: 12
    It has to be one or the other. Although I don't see any damage under the hood anywhere that would indicate an accident. can't belive that our friend Canadians would made such a mistake like sticking there wrong sticker either...........but who knows. In the meantime, my 2.0l Tracker become 1.6l one.....that would explain good milage. Good for me.
  • olblue1olblue1 Posts: 2
    I'm getting about 25mpg in the summer an depending on the winter weather here in Oshawa, Canada, also how much I use the 4wd it's about 18-21 mpg. George
  • Bought a 1999 Tracker w/2.0L, 4X4, 4D with 113000 miles a few months ago & finally got to drive it on a 400 mi. trip last weekend. Previous owner had the dealer/factory window sticker in the glovebox & it says 23 city mpg - 25 highway mpg, but when I filled up again after I got home I checked milage and had got a whopping 30 mpg average for the trip! (very pleased) - Just normal driving under 65 mph on hilly terrain. :)
  • My lifetime with my 2004 Tracker is 24 mpg. The car has 66,000 miles on it and I've owned it since it had 40,273 miles.
  • I just bought a 2000 4x4 2 door chevy tracker with a 2.0L motor in it. It has a 4 speed automatic tranmission. It shifts a little hard and it doesn't seem to make a difference if it is in power mode or normal. I only get 19 to 20 mpg. Has anyone had any problems with this or do you have any suggestions.
  • Mostly 2WD engaged. I only use 4WD in snow.
    when i used to have my 99 2.0 tracker i averaged 24-25 in local driving. One thing i noticed about the 2.0 engine. ( i have the 2.5 now and i dont drive it much) is in the winter time due to the colder temps it would take a nice hit on the MPG. i would go into the 19-20 range all winter long. This of course being because cold air requires more fuel to match the increase in dense air. I was just shocked at how MUCH of a hit it took. Now that im starting to drive my 2.5 2004 tracker more i will have to monitor the MPG with it... during the summer i usually got between 21-23 with the v6.
2»
This discussion has been closed.