Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Magnum Audio/Entertainment Questions

2»

Comments

• Can I add a Mopar multi disc CD player to the single disk player that came with my Magnum? Thanks for the help.
  • Hello,
    I just purchased a 2005 Magnum. On the drive home from the dealer on the 1st day noticed the radio was not sounding clear & fading in & out, thought maybe the channel was faint that day, so I hit scan...all I got was that single station & that was not clear...I tried manually tuning to channels I have listened to for yrs, nothing came in...I called the salesman, he asked I drive it back, when I got there the service advisor I always deal with came out to look at the radio...he started the car ,channels came in fine...He said it must have been something I did wrong as it was 100%...I got in & it seemed to have fixed itself.
    Later that evening I went out to show my Mom my car & would'nt ya know it the radio was out again. I also wanted to explaing the u-connect feature , but it wasnt working either...
    I went to the dealer the next morning, showed the service advisor what it was doing, he agreed something was wrong as it would just keep scanning & scanning & manually tuning was no good either...so I sat there from 7:45( when the Mechanics are just showing up to start their shifts at 8AM) ....to 11:15
    Service advisor told me the car was not finished & he would need to get me into a rental.
    The next morning( today) service advisor called me, advised the car was done & to come on down to pick it up...when I got there he asked I go see the cashier to pick up the keys & to sign out...When I got into the car radio worked fine, Satellite worked fine, cd's played fine...I'm thinking to myself all right, wow I'm ok now....
    got home, got ready for work & then off I headed....guess what, radio wouldnt pull in but 3 channels & they were full of static...I called the dealer, got ahold of my service guy, explained it to him...he said they replaced the module for the u-connect, then looked at the radio & there was no problem with it tuning in dozens of channels...so it dint get replaced. He asked I bring it in again on Saterday...will post the finding on Saterday
  • bbfd86bbfd86 Posts: 42
    I want to use my mp3 player in my new 2005 Magnum RT. I tried using my son's iRock! FM transmitter, but there is way too much static. I suspect its because the antenna is built into the rear window and the unit is too weak to transmit that far. I also tried purchasing two different connecting cassettes, but the sound quality was poor. Does anybody have any suggestions?
  • lennyskylennysky Posts: 8
    Does the '05 have the mp3 reader cd player? My '06 does, so you just make a cd of mp3's and it reads and plays it. Not sure if yours is the same.
  • bbfd86bbfd86 Posts: 42
    Yes, it does read mp3 files on a CD. But I can't get my 800 tunes loaded onto six CD's...
  • peterskmpeterskm Posts: 79
    Some of the players also support WMA files (says it on the radio). From what I understand, WMA offers better sound quality/file size ratio meaning you can fit more on a disk and it will sound the same as your curent mp3 bitrates. Might get you closer to getting your 800 on 6 discs.
  • Hey does any 1 have a website they can reccomend to purchase a navigation system for the SXT AWD ? :)
  • I put a Sony deck capable of mp3 in my truck 4 years ago and I can easily put 200-225 songs per CD. All of my mp3's are ripped at 196 so they aren't terribly small.

You should be more than able to fit 1100-1200 mp3's in your changer.
  • Hi everyone, I just purchased a 2006 Magnum R/T used with 3000 miles on it. I've really been enjoying the car a lot :) , but I'm a little sad that it doesn't have the trip-meter/gas mileage computing thing that comes with one of the convenience packages (anyone know which one that was?). I also was interested to read about the bluetooth communication option. I've used this in a couple of other cars and found it to be really cool.

I guess I'm wondering, if anyone knows, can either of these options be added after the fact, or are you pretty much stuck with whatever you got? I have the single-CD player with the AUX plug-in jack. My dash has the single trip-meter/odometer combo, but nothing else.

Thanks!
2»
This discussion has been closed.