Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• psgame2kpsgame2k Posts: 36
    I think it's a good deal if you can get dealer price under $17000 (that's before tax & all fees). In SF bay area, tax + fees add almost 10% to the cost.

Also, if you are not doing cash for clunkers, you really should wait til year end. Dealers are NOT offering much discount, given the government is giving away tax payers money to help auto industry.
  • 2m81a22m81a2 Posts: 2
    there is a rebate for $1,250 ending 8/31. using your figure $18,190 less $1,250 is $16,785. there should be room to neg. for around $1,000 less during normal time, but with the 'cash for clunkers' going on... dealers may not give.

i am looking for a similar hatchback in nyc. CVT, ABS, Conv Pkg + splash guard MSRP + dest is $18,035. if the price could be neg. down $1,000, plus the rebates $1,250 and $4,500 (clunker). the price should be $11,285 plus tax, title, license and fees.
  • Thanks for the info.
    here is one of the lowest quote i got from a local dealer.

sale price 15376( including 1250 rebates), if i were to do the 0%, the sale price is 16626, dealer said i can't combine rebate and 0%.

this dealer has only one SL HB left, and it wasn't color of my choice.

let me know if there is still room to neg down.

many thanks
  • 2m81a22m81a2 Posts: 2
    i would use this price and email other dealers. let them fight for your business. it's getting closer to the end of month, some may have quota to meet for bonus. you never know. especially, if that's not the color of your choice.
    Dealers always do the trick of telling you the price after factory cash rebate during negotiation. When they actually do the calculation, they will add tax and fees to the price, then minus the cash rebate at the end. My dealer said the cash rebate is taxable.

Also, dealer don't care if you take the cash rebate or not, since it is not coming from their pocket. Others in this forum suggested having an "out-the-door price" in mind when walking into the dealer; and buyers should be prepared to walk away if price is not right. If the dealer calls you, then you'll know you can get the car at the price you want.

I should have done better when I was dealing with my Nissan sales rep. I might able to get few hundred bucks cheaper. But it was in late June, there were more cash rebates; plus I knew the cash for clunkers program would begin in July and dealer for sure will not offer much discount off MSRP.
  • Alright, I checked and the date is 10/08.

We liked the gray color too... but preferred silver just a little bit. Reflects heat better, and shows less dirt.

Regarding the other posters questions... the "dealer price" is really just a bogus number. I'd take time to figure out what you feel comfortable to pay "Out the door" and let the dealer figure out the other numbers. I'd start with the invoice price, reduce it by any rebates/incentives, add something for fees, and subtract something based on the amount of dealer inventory and general economic situation. Then subtract a bit more to "low-ball" and hesitatingly agree to their higher offer (which then matches what you are comfy paying). Remember there are other ways they make money too (holdback, financing, trade-ins etc).

Just keep in mind too that you can often get a slightly used car for a much, much better price. Right now, unless you can use the CFC program, I wouldn't buy a new car. I know it sounds bad when you are looking at buying a new car, but you can get a almost-new, better car for half the price of a new Versa. Just something to think about.
    fflintstone1,

Thanks for posting info. I've read somewhere online that Nissan upgraded the CVT engine beginning in April 09 to make it more fuel efficient. So I was wondering if anyone bought a Versa (particularly hatchback SL) recently that has a manufacture date later than 4/09.

Also, my Versa is the first I ever bought. What was the miles on the new car when you drive it off the dealership. I remember it already had about 25 miles on it. Is this about average?
    Hi Flippy Hopkins,

hopefully I am not too late to give you my opinion. Back in June, I was seriously considering the S model Versa with all options you mentioned, plus ABS. With the cash rebate back then ($2000), I would be able to buy a brand new one for about $14500 - $14800 OTD. I live in SF bay area and sale tax is high in CA.

If you have a clunker to trade in, you certainly should take advantage of it. Otherwise I'd wait for 2010 model. I think attractive cash rebate will come back when auto sales plunge when CFC program is gone.
  • I've read somewhere online that Nissan upgraded the CVT engine beginning in April 09 to make it more fuel efficient. So I was wondering if anyone bought a Versa (particularly hatchback SL) recently that has a manufacture date later than 4/09.

That could explain some of the mpg swings that we are seeing. I am not too disappointed with my 30 mpg. I don't think the Versa HB is in the same size class as the Yaris or Fit. I think it is a bit larger, and quite a bit taller. Almost seems like they took the Quest and shrunk it a bit.

Also, my Versa is the first I ever bought. What was the miles on the new car when you drive it off the dealership. I remember it already had about 25 miles on it. Is this about average?

It had 140 miles on it, the dude from the dealership drove it down from San Fran.
    Versa HB has the more horsepower than Yaris and Fit. It is about the same size as Toyota matrix, just shorter. I always feel I haven't done enough research on my very first car. I am glad I found this web site to share information and experience.
  • Saturday picked up this for my wife. Browns Nissan, Sterling, VA

Saphire Blue hatchback 1.8S Auto tranny w/ Options on the car were:

Power package
    Cruise Control
    Floor mats/trunk mat
    Aluminum kick plate
    Splash Guards

Got the $1250 and $1250 dealer matching, Plus $4500 for CFC. Total of $7k discount off price of the car. Asked for $10k Out the door, came back with $11k.

Freight $720
    processing Fee $349
    Tags/title $90
    tax $490

Compared to TMV what others are paying $14,275 vs what we paid $14,671.
  • I am Planning to use that Bonus program which ends on 7th...

Suggest me...

The price for Hatchback S with the following option is given to me like $13526 plus taxes, dealer fees and registration etc... Which totals around $14,480.

Options

ABS - Which I think should not have been optional
    Cruise - a must for me..
    Floor Mats
    Power Package
    Rear Spoiler
    Flash guards.

Do u think I should go ahead??? Or do u have any other dealer who can give a better rate in Eastern side? I am in Virginia but travelling for 5 hours to buy this car...

Help me...
  • I am wondering if the following is a good deal...

I am considering a 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan in magnetic gray with 27k miles. It has ABS Package and Convenience Package (keyless entry, bluetooth, etc.).

I am being offered $11,000 OTD price (I live in MD, so that's including 6% sales tax, $217 tags, and $100 processing fee).

The dealership told me what they're offering me is the Versa SL at the Versa base price. Is this correct?

What do you guys think?
    Thanks!
    zd323
  • Update: just found out this car was involved in a major accident last year through Carfax report. It says the car was disabled, the whole right side of the car had to be replaced. So I guess it wasn't really a good deal then.

zd323
  • Got Hatchback S with the following options for 14,700 OTD (3% state tax)

ABS ; Cruise; Floor Mats ; Power Package ; Rear Spoiler ; Flash guards

Dealer also offered Door Trims, Window Tint, Nitrogen gas.
  • rsamrsam Posts: 2
    Hi ruchit,

Did you buy the Sentra, and how much did you pay for it. Can you let me know the dealer, as am also in the east coast and considering a sentra. Is this a 1.8 sl as the options you mentioned like spoiler etc are on the 1.8 sl, what was the msrp of the vehicle u bought. The current reabtes available are 1250+500 bonus, which the dealer is offering me on the msrp.The bonus ends on 18th Oct. Appreciate ur help.
    Thanks,
    Rsam
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,811
    This is a Versa Forum, not a Sentra one.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2015 Audi A3 (wife)/2015 Golf SE (me)/2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1)/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• rsamrsam Posts: 2
    Sorry about the typo, I was intending to buy Versa only.
    I got the below quote excluding tax, tags ...
    "2009 Versa 1.8S HB is $14,775 this includes the $1250 from Nissan as well as the $500 rebate for the tent event. The tent event rebate ends on October 18. The sticker price I'm using is $16,525". How much further can I negotiage/ what should be the price, I can expect him to come to. Any ideas as I intend to buy before the $500 bonus ends.

Sam.
  • i also went to look at the nissan versa 1.8 S HB yesterday, with powerpackage (including cruise control and power windows, etc.) i was offered $14,900 OTD (the offer included the $1250 rebate but excluded the $500 rebate, as i was not sure if i wanted to purchase by the end of this week).
    taxes are 6% here.
    so, i guess if i went to purchase today, it would be $14,400 OTD

p.s. this was for an 09. i believe the 2010 versas only have the $500 rebate offer on them this week.
  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,395
    In CA over new years. Options were splash guards, mats, and power plus package.

$13472 + ttl. Also got Nissan 1.9% promo interest rate. Price included a $500 rebate to finance with Nissan. MSRP was $16065, Edmunds lists invoice for same equipment at $15381, and TMV at $15798. I'm happy with this deal.

Happy 2010 ;)

15 Leaf / 08 RDX

• I was quoted $13250.00 after rebate for a Nissan Versa Hatchback... They came back with financing and they want to finance it at $17265.00. Reason: COST OF DOING BUSINESS and EXTENDED WARRANTY... Now, I'm planning on saying NO Warranty and I will be getting my own at at least half the price... but where would that other 4GRAND come from. I've not signed anything other than a credit check... Looking for some advice.

I have a TRADE IN as well and it seems like they are low balling that.

I actually walked away... said I would think on it... still would like some advice.

Thanks!
    LW
  • Was their quote OTD (out the door) pricing? Always ask for OTD, and to make it even clearer, tell them that includes taxes, title, registration and any other fees that they dream up.

Cost of doing business... lol. Good one.

Your quote might have been just the cash price. Then add tax and all the (real or unreal) fees and quickly you look at a totally different number.

Ask for OTD and compare different dealers and options.
  • When I went to buy my wife's car this week I didn't find any recent deals in here, so I figured I'd post mine to potentially help someone out. Here's what I got

Versa HB SL CVT
    Premium package
    Floor mats
    Aluminium kick plate
    (also came with wheel locks, nitrogen and window etching, whatever)

$16,200 OTD here in VA with our 3% sales tax. Price includes $1250 rebate + $500 presidents day cash back

Seemed like a fair deal, my wife really likes the car. For anyone in the Virginia Beach area, Hall & Charles Barker Nissan will both sell at this price. Good luck
  • monte13monte13 Posts: 1
    Im a single mom trying to help my daughter get a car. The nissan versa 1.6 is what im looking at. I keep reading about knocking noise from the car from other reviewers. But no one mentions the outcome or cause. I was offered 13400 with tax and title out the door. But I dont want to get the car if it has a problem and the dealerships arent helping with the cause.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,068
    Not sure what knocking noise those folks might be referring to. I have 73,000+ miles on my 2007 Versa and yes, it does kind of make a little more what sounds like "valve noise" than my past Sentras and Altimas have, but it hasn't been any kind of problem.

$13,400 including tax and title doesn't sound too bad, although I haven't bought since I got mine in 2007 for $13,675 PLUS tax & title ;)

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• piper830piper830 Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I am deciding whether to buy an espresso black/tan Versa hatch with auto transmission and power pack (plus whatever other option they make you get with that - splash guards, I think). MSRP was $16,195, I got the guy to $14,970 OTD, looking at the sheet he gave me it is about $14,200 for the car alone. I think I am happy with that - is it a decent deal? One dealer got nasty with me once we got anywhere near $15K. I am in central VA, if it helps any.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Not sure if this helps or not but I've seen them here for $13,520 (MSRP 16,385) for just the vehicle.
  • tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,395
    I bought the exact same car (hatch, AT, power pack) over new years for $13472+TTL, in the Bay area. Also got special finance rate. Whether your deal is a good one is hard to say. Pricing can be highly dependent on region, amount of competing dealers, incentives to dealers, etc.

15 Leaf / 08 RDX

• kenleslie76kenleslie76 Posts: 22
    edited June 2010
    Hello, I got a quote from a dealer in SoCal for $16,700 OTD including the $1,500 rebate. The MSRP of the car was $17,675. Please let me know is this a steal or not.... or I can do better than that. Please advise
  • thgearythgeary Posts: 2
    Versa 1.6 sedan, 5sp manual trans
    only options: AC + ABS
    black

quoted price: $11,460 (inc dest)
    I added a 7 year 70k warranty: $1400 (which I slightly regret, i may add, since the car seems very good quality over all)
    With ca tax, doc fee, gap insurance, dmv, title etc: $15000
    Down: 1500
    APR: 6.99% - 60 month loan.
    Total amount, inc cost of financing: 17580.

The car is awesome overall - very, very smart indeed, nippy/fast around town, but engine is geared low (hence the nippiness) so it revs high on freeway - 4k rpm for 80mph - sounds like you're in a washing machine, and with no stereo included, that gets boring.

backseat leg room is inexplicably huge - really - even for two 6'6" men sitting tandem its huge. The inside materials are surprisingly good - cheap cars usually smell like dollar stores, but this one is great. i have no rattles or anything yet.

I don't have the remote locks, and i already dread having to unlock the passenger side rear door - you have to open the driver door (only that one has keyhole) and reach on through. if you have kids, pay extra for the locks. i have a sienna for the wide and kids :)

only downer is that it looks extremely ugly/weird from the very front (even for a European who's owned Citroens in the past), but from any other angle is very nice, IMO. A league above the accent, rio, aveo, etc. But then personally i find the Fit utterly repulsive, so ignore my subjective view on the aesthetics - you're not buying a 11k car to impress the ladies, after all.

I had two problems: first, the passenger side brake rotor dust shield was touching the rotor, so there was a constant scraping noise. I pulled the wheel off, found the issue and bent it a half inch back by hand, now its fine. Dunno how that ever got through quality control, though. And second the check engine light came on for the first 300 miles. It has gone off now, but if it comes on again I'm going straight to dealer. Its only the evaporative emissions control system - the gas fumes in the gas tank are possibly venting to atmosphere (more likely the sensor is broken) - so its not fatal anyway. (but still not acceptable in a new car, IMO)

But really, the value for money is out of this world. As long as you can live without the power accessories, this is definitely the car to buy.