Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hqly2002hqly2002 Posts: 2
    I'm thinking about getting an 08 versa SL in the San Francisco Bay Area.
    what prices have you been able to negotiate your car? Best deal so far is a loaded $19,300 MSRP car for $18,400 out the door. This includes 1500 cash/grad rebate.
    Anyone get a better deal? Most palces only has loaded cars.
  • hqly2002hqly2002 Posts: 2
    do you have the her name or e-mail address? i'm interested in one too
  • whair is this dealer located Pleas let me no thankyou so mutch for reading.
  • ebrightebright Posts: 1
    white (fresh powder) automatic 08 Versa 1.8S hatchback; with ABS, power package, cruise control and splash guards.

dealer invoice: $14,900
    paid: 14,600
    got a free garmin nuvi 750 GPS to buy the same day
    cash rebate for recent grad: -500
    =14,100
    [got the 1.9% APY instead of 1000 cash back]
    + 881.25 tax (6.25)
    + 211 doc and license and other fees

= 15,192.66 OTD
  • umassdumassd Posts: 9
    MSRP: 16580

Price Paid: 15,800 (around $200 below invoice) + TTL etc.

= $17,595 - $1,500 (rebate/grad cash) = $16,095 OTD

Good price??
  • not a bad price but I think you could have don a bit bettor. Look on fits mall.com can get one for $14000 with taxes and everything a and drive away how do you like the car also the guy who posted before you could maby have done a bit bettor to late now good luck with the cars keep us updated on how you guys like the car thankyou so mutch for reading.
  • I test drove a Nissan Versa this weekend in Austin, TX. It was the S model and I'd really like the SL with convenience package, moonroof, audio package and ABS. When I got home, I sent requests for quotes to all the dealers in the area and not one of them has gotten back to me. Is this normal? I would think, especially in this climate, they'd want to make a sale. I requested the quotes through Nissan.com. Just curious as to other's internet sales experiences.
  • mach_sixmach_six Posts: 7
    I would think you will get bombarded by phone calls, best to check the local stock to make sure it's plentiful before making any offers. If the 08 are low stock then you'll less likely to strike a deal unless they have 09. i stated on those email forms to send me a quote and not to call but I got many calls and hardly any email responses.
  • I went through Costco to talk to a dealer and got an offer on a 2009 SL Hatchback with CVT plus convenience, moonroof, audio package, ABS and XM for 18,250 plus 1140.63 TTL. This is the out the door price. Opinions? Can I do better?
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    Sounds like it's roughly $395.00 over invoice price, I'd try for invoice price.
  • sfjsfj Posts: 1
    I purchased an 08 Versan SL in the central valley. I was out the door with a little more that $17K (that was with a $500 college grad and some more haggling to get it down). It is loaded except for sunrooof (intellegent key, bluetooth, 6 CD, etc). Don't know what the prices are here in SF but the good deals are out there.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter from a large newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who traded-in a larger vehicle for a small compact car to save money on gas, but spent money on options to get something more comfortable and appealing. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than July 9, 2008.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Edmunds.com
    Corporate Communications

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• not a bad Price that you got on that 2008 virsa hatch back. I no there are good deals to be had but I think the suply of 08's is real lo and anyway the 2009's are out mor options look at the differances from the 2008 and 2009 not menny used ones also hot selling car this Nissan virsa keep on posting the prices payed on your virsa's grate cars love them thankyou for reading.
  • g35johng35john Posts: 12
    Back in March of this year I was able to buy a loaded Versa SL hatchback for about $4000 off of MSRP. That works out to $15600 or $17200 out the door. I would try for that type of deal. I live in the Los Angeles area by the way.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,026
    A reporter from a large national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a used fuel-efficient car and why they decided to purchase it and whether they were surprised at the costs of the vehicle. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than July 9, 2008.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• hey g35john dont think now you will be able to get that grate deal you got any more. Now with the gass prices have gon up dealers will not let them go for that mutch off msrp but who nos if you get moltapal dealer quotes you just never no good luck to everyone keep us updated on the prices beeing payed everyone of virsas. thankyou so mutch for reading my posting.
  • g35johng35john Posts: 12
    I think your right. At the time I got my car dealers wouldnt sell them for that much either (except for the one I got, but no other dealer would come close to matching it). I just got lucky and the dealership owners son stuck his foot in is mouth and they were "man enough" to honor the deal he said.
  • My hubby and I just bought a brand new 08 versa, automatic transmission. The past few weeks it's been slow to start. It won't turn over. It's been in and out of the shop and they say everything's fine. But it's not. I was outside of the mall for an hour last night trying to get it start before it finally turned over. Anyone else have problems like this? We are just sick over it. We've only had it for 2 months.
  • cathy8cathy8 Posts: 37
    Welcome to the starting problems that some of the Versas have. I thought that this was only an '07 problem but apparently not. Many owners have had their fuel pumps changed and this rectified the problem.

My problem only occurs during the cold winter months and the rest of the year is fine. My starting problem is different that yours though. Mine starts in fail safe mode and won't drive more than 20 KM/HR. Once shut off and restarted it starts fine.

Don't let them tell you everything is okay. You know something is wrong. There are various identified starting problems and Nissan is trying to find out the cause. Document, document, document. Keep lots of detail. I did this and after 2 winters of problems applied for arbitration (Canada) and won. Nissan has been ordered to back my car tomorrow.
  • hey did you leav the ignishion on and your bat whent dead when you wher siting in the car in frunt of the Mall. did you have the radiao on. they will find the problem. and cathy they are taking back your virsa tomero sorry you had that problem with it rair so rair with everyone. LIke I have said in the past nor car is problem free no sutch thing has never bin and never will be. DId you get to looking at what car you will be getting to replace your virsa since they are taking it back tomero. keep us updated thanks so mutch for reading.