Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mike767mike767 Posts: 20
    It is a good deal you want a white versa with no options.
  • samncsamnc Posts: 44
    Just wait for the right color next time and grab it as soon as it appears.
  • I paid 13,238 including all MD taxes, titles and licensing fees and got the 1.9% financing for 36 Months on a new 5 door Versa Hatchback with no options (manual, has ac and radio/cd player). Price includes $500 rebate. The price, financing and safety features made this make and model my choice. I purchased from DarCars College Park Nissan.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,105
    Wow... that's cheap for a new car.. How much of the $13,238 is for TTL?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ike3ike3 Posts: 81
    This is off of price topic, but is most widely read post for Versa. Does anyone know if the uppermost trim level includes heated outside mirrors? In either hatchback or notchback version? This is for USA market. Canada already offers it. Again, this is for 2008 model year, not 2007...for USA market. Anyone know?
  • I received the following quote in New Jersey on a 2007 Nissan Versa S automatic with ABS, the power package and mats:

Purchase Price - $14,250
    Anti-Theft Security Etch - $199.98
    Total Price - $14,449.98
    Sales Tax - $1,014.93
    MV Tire Fee - $7.50
    Registration/Title Fee (estimated) - $400

Total = $15,872.41
    Factory Rebate = $500

Total Price = $15,372.41

I will put down $7,000 and finance $8,372.41.

Any thoughts as to whether this is a fair price? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,642
    Versabuyer I think you can do better since the 08 are out already. That $199 for the Anti-Theft, have them throw that in the deal, they want to move that car.

tell then 15K out the door and see what they say.. Have you checked Edmonds.com as far as what others have paid for the same car ?
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,727
    The dealer's price is about $200 below invoice before rebate and the anti-theft package, and $700 less than Edmunds' TMV price, so it's a decent deal on a popular car with little markup. You can try for $15k OTD, but if they say "no" and let you walk out, you could come back with their price ($14,250) and n/c for the anti-theft (assuming it's already on the car, otherwise just tell them to omit it).
  • car=12884
    minus $500 rebate
    plus $854 ttl, includes dealer processing ($100) and tire recycling fee ($4)
    =$13238
  • plum93plum93 Posts: 2
    Got the 2007 Versa S automatic w/the power package for $12,600 last week.

(sales tax, registration, dealer processing etc added about another $900)
  • mike767mike767 Posts: 20
    Where did you buy your versa from?
  • I am currently negotiating a 2007 Nissan Versa SL CVT Hatchback. Convenience, ABS Sport, Sun Roof and basic add ons. I am currently at $16,120.66. Out the Door. I think this would have been a great deal earlier in the season but I am not sure now that it's year end. Any thoughts? Any one bought one recently?
  • rennie4rennie4 Posts: 52
    what price should i be looking to pay for a 2007 versa SL with convenience package? I live in upstate Ny (70mi north of NYC).
  • I have some calls in on some 2007 S models. Many dealers up here in Buffalo don't have any left---I'm seeing a few more 2007 SL's than S models. The 2008's are all over the place.
  • We wanted a 2008 Versa SL with Convenience package , ABS and a couple other options.
    We are in KY and finding a car with the ABS package was like looking for a needle in a haystack.
    We went to several Nissan dealerships and finally chose salesman Steve R. at Hudson Motors in Madisonville, Kentucky to represent us. He was eager to find what we wanted and his manager was willing to deal on the price :)
    Steve finally found our car at an out-of-state dealer , arranged a trade , and we got our car for $300 over Edmunds invoice price. This dealership sends you out their door with a super clean car and a full tank of gas.
    An added bonus was that I could pay to have it licensed as I was writing the purchase check. We bought 8/29/07 and received the plate by mail 9/1/07 :D
    If the car itself is as dependable as the dealership we should be very happy Nissan owners.
    Having ABS and the other safety features really kept the cost down on insurance :)
    I'll report on gas mileage after we've had the car a month.
  • New 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S Hatchback Automatic Transmission:
    Power Package
    Floor Mats/Trunk Mats
    Splash Guards
    Aluminum Kick Plate

$13250-$500 Rebate + $599 dealer fee + $250 Tag and Registration +8.50 Battery Fee +861.25 Tax

Total Price of Vehicle $14468.75

I was also able to also get the 4.9% financing at 60 months. This deal was in Orlando Florida. I haggled quite a bit and it was the end of the month. Always remember to be courteous enough to post prices after negotiations since Insideline is one of the best tools I have seen in order to judge real market price of a vehicle. So please keep it alive. TMV on this vehicle is $14923 without taxes, registration, and dealer fee.
  • I wonder what the $599 dealer fee is for?
  • The dealer fee doesn't really matter what is it for, all I care about is bottoming out the price. He says he could not take it out so I made him lowered the price of the vehicle. The only thing that I keep seperate in negotiations are tax, tag and title because these cannot be changed. I displayed them in the forum because different states have different taxes.
  • New 2007 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback CVT:
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats/Trunk Mats
    Aluminum Kick Plate

$14682 cost of the car after the $500 rebate
    +$218 title and registration
    -----------------------------------------------
    =$14900 total out of the door cost

1.9% 36 month financing

There are no sales tax in Oregon. None of the dealerships I went to had the so called processing fee.

This forum helped me a lot in figuring out what was a reasonable price for the Versa. The car had 5 miles on it when I bought it. I bought from the dealership that gave me the least hassle. They did try to get me to sign a loan document that didn't factor in the $500 rebate but I caught that. I'm going to assume it was just an honest mistake.

The other dealership I went to started the quote at $19000 which included dealer markup. I walked out right away. I know the dealer markup is just a number to make people think their final price is a bargain, but it's truely insulting to the buyer's intelligence to quote that at the 2007 model year clearance. Most dealerships start the quote for 2007 models at invoice.
  • New 2007 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback 6 speed:
    Splash Guards
    Floor/Trunk Mats
    Aluminum Kick Plates

Purchased in Idaho for $14,500 total before 6% sales tax. I could have had it for less ($14,000) but the exact package I wanted was 450 miles away on a dealer's lot in Oregon and had to be trucked in.
    The salesmen were a real experience. I walked out because they wouldn't do it for $14,5 but when I got home the phone was ringing.
  • Hi, first time posting but I have a deal on new 2007 Versa S Hatchback auto with power package for $15000 OTD.

Dealer is in Fort Lauderdale. Considering the 08's are out, still room to haggle?
  • I went to get a 2007 Auto Versa HB 1.8S base and ended up with 2008 with all options instead - power, abs, cruise, floor mats, aluminum plates, splash guard - basically everything. :surprise:

Out of door for $14,800 in Illinois on 8/31, just before dealership closed for the night.

Easily could have brought down another $300 or so - Dealer tried all tricks mentioned on the websites and succeeded in some aftermarket sales !! (another posting some day)
  • Just an opinion - always insist on out of door price quote -do not take price + doc/TTL as the quote. If they give you excuses, don't buy them - Nissan prices the versa, not the steering wheel + tires + cruise + exhaust etc. But, be fair to them, have something specific in mind model + options, down to the color.
  • I agree with you, Just for research purposes should you break out the price. That is mainly because in these forums and website it really depends in what state the TTL that are going to be imposing. You should find this information in your state vehicle registration office or website. Also be set with the options with the vehicle and research in this forum the prices that are paying for the car with the options you have decided. Every other fee is crap to me it is just a way to inflate the price of the vehicle. Once you have found this information have the range in which the vehicle is worth. Your job then should be is to strive a little bit better than this. One more word of advice is to not do it alone, but find a good friend that is very smart at haggling and help you keep your interest. Two sets of eyes in one document is better than one. Just remember that the dealers job is to make the most profit and your job should be is to get it at the lowest price. Research will help you reach this magical number that nobody knows. Of course this is my opinion also sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
  • I agree. A quote of $1 for a car is meaningless if the dealer processing fee is $15,000.
  • I am working on a deal on a 2008 versa with the convenience pkg, xm satellite, sunroof, audio pkg, full matts and guards plus aluminum kick plates. This price does not have the 500 cash back because it is a 2008 model. Should I go for it? Or can i get a better deal?
  • samncsamnc Posts: 44
    I have my Versa for over one month (8/3/2007) now and still have not received my license plate and title, is it normal? East Charlotte Nissan said I am OK continue to drive. Is it legal to drive?

Called them a few times, either said already mailed out a couple of weeks back or diverting me to people who did not answer.
  • It Could be normal It has happen to me in the state of Florida, but I don't know how the regulations are in North Carolina. In the state of Florida they issue you a temporary tag. This tag expires in 30 days if this happens the dealer should provide you with another temporary tag. If you don't pick up the tag you could get a ticket for expired license plate. Sorry I don't have info about your state. But keep pressing on getting your title and tag.
  • I am getting these quotes:

S model with the Power Package, floor/trunk mats, and Splash guards 13,500.00. Plus approx 1,350 more for and OTD figure.

SL model with a Convienience Package, ABS, floor and trunk mats, and splash guards for $15,949.00. Plus approx 1,600 more to get an OTD figure.

(There is a $750 dollar rebate on all model Versa's or financing starting at 1.9%-$3.9%. If we do the cash back, I need to see if the price includes that or not.)

Would you pursue either vehicle at these prices?
  • Getting quote from several dealers for

07 1.8S HB, auto with power package

The price I want is 14,500 out of door (include 8% tax), is it too much? Cause they don't seem enthusiastic at all.