Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Climate Control

KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
We will single out comments and complaints about Dodge Ram climate control here.

kcram - Pickups Host

Comments

• montec24montec24 Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I have a 2004 ram 2500. The problem I am having is the heater is stuck on dash- I cannot switch to defrost or floor heat. I bought the heater control which was pretty easy to install and not to expensive figuring this might be it. It wasn't. Now what? As far as I can tell it is not vacum operated. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Dana
  • corkscrewcorkscrew Posts: 254
    It sounds like the door is giving you a problem. If you are within warranty or have bought extended coverage, take it to the dealer. Do you park it under a tree, especially a pine tree? I have an 02 ram 1500 and when I set the switch on defrost, half the air comes out on the floor. My local mechanic removed the blower motor and cleaned out the cavity but that didn't help. He thought it may be the door.
  • Did you ever get a solution to the heater problem. I've got the same issue.
    Thanks.

Steve
  • haggis1haggis1 Posts: 1
    I have a bad smell coming from my heater when turn the blower on for cold air - has anyone had the same problem
  • jnealjneal Posts: 247
    No, but that may be because this is a Dodge forum and we all drive Dodges........ :P
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    You want to ask in our VW GTI discussion.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Update,
    I took my truck to dealer #3 today for the same faulty air conditioning problem (4 times in two months). Yesterday the fan blows but no air comes out of the vents on any selector position.

I demanded a conference call with D.Chrysler warranty department when the truck was checked out. They looked at me like I was crazy, so... I called D.Chrysler and asked to speak to a manager or supv. After 5 minutes on hold they said they were all in meetings and would return my call.... well, it never happened.

Towards the end of the day I got a call from the dealer and they said the Recirc. door came apart!! Guess what? There is a nationwide back order for the part(#24028090)sounds fishy. Can you spell recall? I told the dealer.

I work for a large corporation that is an OEM parts supplier to the major auto manufacturers, so I know how the system works. Auto manufacturers DO NOT want quality problems to go public!! It can start a very expensive recall program.
  • Update from July 13 post. Two to three weeks for a part is not acceptable. After another phone call to D. Chrysler on 07/14/06 I was told I was given the wrong FP-number for the part. The part my dealer had on order was not the correct number. The correct part is now on order and due in approx. 07/19/06. When the truck is repaired I will provide another update.

I am use to the run around now!!!!
  • diamonds1diamonds1 Posts: 7
    I have a 1998 dodge ram 1500 v6 truck, when I turn the A/C on, absolutely nothing happens, any ideas????
  • hpd235hpd235 Posts: 1
    My Dodge truck has 30,000 miles on it and when my truck sits for a day or two and I crank it up it sounds like the a/c compressor is coming apart under the hood. It will also sometimes blow hot as soon as I start driving it and then blow cold. Has anyone had any of these problems?
  • sfcpetesfcpete Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Ram with the same problem and was told today that the part is not available either for about a month and $760 to repair. I question the same RECALL DEFECT. I bought a extended warranty and paid good money to not have this problem. What caused the part to break to begin with? Maybe a motor that puts to much presure on the cheap plastic part? I got the same run around. Service guy says Gee wiz call the sales manager? OK, I call him and he says nope not me Gee Wiz call finance manager. OK, I'll do that well what do know some how I got disconnected. Try again? OK, Gee Wiz not available what a surprise! Must be more of us out there? and a lawyer to handle the class action? I'm open!
  • The reason I am upset is because the faulty air problem has been going on since May of this year. I was trying to get it fixed before it reached 104-106 degrees here in central Cal. like the past few days.

I have also filed a written complaint to D.Chrysler over the poor service and lack of trouble shooting to fix my lousy warm air conditioning. After two visits at two different dealers all they did was put a thermometer in the dash vent and record the temp. The lowest temp recorded is 48 deg.F at a 92 deg. F ambient temp. The problem is, it usually runs about 58-60 deg. F at the vent and it will not cool the cab interior off with several passengers. If you are luck after 30 minutes the vent temp will hit 50-52.

The last service manager told me my truck was a dark color (bright silver inside/out), it is the sunroof and I should have a truck cover on it when it parked. The bottom line......B.S. This truck cost $44,000 and the A/C should handle the cab size and while driving in the sun on a warm day!!! The A.C works about as good as the 1990 Ford Bronco I replaced. Its a shame because the truck only has 4,500 miles on it!!

Check out www.dodgeforum.com...AC Coldness- There more of us out there!!!!
  • ddf1ddf1 Posts: 18
    05 Quad Cab SWB 4wd Cummins-When I first turn it on it seems like there is a blockage in the line. When the compressor kicks in there is a loud clunk. Then sounds normal. Is this clunk normal on Dodges?
  • mduttonmdutton Posts: 1
    ddf1-
    I have an '04 3500 dually 2WD with a Cummins and started hearing the same thing (clunk after I started the engine) and it would blow cold then hot back and forth. Since my warranty had not run out, took it back to the dealer and asked them to check it out. They said the clutch and compressor were going bad and replaced everything for me. I picked it up yesterday and it is blowing cold now.
    Good luck.
  • jan01jan01 Posts: 9
    MY 2003 RAM 1500 HAS COLD AIR ON THE DRIVERS SIDE. AND WARM AIR ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM. HELP!
    Common prob with this design generation... the blend door on the passenger side is stuck. It's an all-day-plane-crash of a repair only because you have to drop the entire dash to get to it. My 05 is doing this too, but since it's only me in the truck, I can live with it until my next service.

kcram - Pickups Host
    HI WHY DOSN,t dodge have a recall on this problem? IF THIS A COMMON PROBLEM ON THE DESIGN. JAN01
    There is a TSB for it (and it's covered if you're still in warranty), but it's not a safety item, thus not a recall.
  • brempebrempe Posts: 2
    Do you have a TSB reference so that I can provide it to my serviceman. I'm not sure he thinks there's a problem. Thanks!!

-bruce
    WHAT IS A TSB. JAN01
  • brempebrempe Posts: 2
    TSB - I presume stands for Technical Service Bulletin. Is there a specific document reference that I can provide to my serviceperson?

Thanks!!

-bruce
    It's usually the A/C result of the vent door in TSB 24-004-03.

Before you go that far, be sure to check that you have a full charge of R134a.
  • Bad news....17 days have passed and no part has arrived. I was told by D.Chrysler on 7/14/06 and again 7/21/06 (in writing) and last week by the dealer the part was shipped! Well if it was shipped I said from where? No comment, silence on the phone, I said why can't you track it? They told me the parts manager would call me back...Well it never happened, 17 days with no functioning climate control!!! No air from the vents at all while the fan runs.

No shipment = no tracking, what do you think?
  • I just purchased a 2006 1500 Megacab and the AC seems very
    inefficient. The vents for the drivers side hardly blow at
    all. The one vent for the passenger side seems to be ok
    and the vent in the back blows pretty good. If there was
    a way to shut off the back vent I think most of the problem
    could be solved but there is no shut off for that vent.
    Driving to work in the morning when the temp is 78 it is not
    a problem but when driving home when it's 95 the ac takes
    forever to cool the cab. I saw an earlier post that
    mentioned that Dodge probably did not upgrade the ac enough
    to run that extra vent in the back. That's exactly the way
    it seems. Has anyone else noticed this problem on their
    Megacabs and have you found anything to help with cooling.
    I keep a sunshade in the window and the windows cracked
    while parked.
  • Dangerfi-
    Sorry to hear about your problem, I have an 06 Mega Cab also with poor air conditioner performance. Be ready for a battle with the dealers and Daimler Chrysler!!!!! I have been to several dealers and now for 19 days with NO A/C or any air from the vents. They don't even know when the part will be in and they dont't care either

Please see my past postings and log on to www.dodgeforum.com (re.ac coldness). Lots of good info especially from Manatlarge! Start now and document every conversation/details, you will need it.

This is a big problem and the dealers and Daimler Chrysler customer service center is playing DUMB. Already filed a written complaint with no results, I have moved forward with the next step and it will get their attention!!

Silverbullet06
  • bcc1bcc1 Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 3500 Megacab. I bought it last week and the a/c was not working well. I did not notice this in the test drive. I brought it back the next day and they found two bad codes. They replaced two parts, not sure what. It was Saturday evening when I got it back. A/C still does not cool. Passenger side blows very weak. On high and recirculate it is noisy and not cool. I have a Yukon XL also, I cannot put it on medium with out being frozen out!

Took it back in and after 5 hours, they said they charged the coolant. It was now cooling a little better. That lasted two days and it is back to the poor performance stage. I am very dissappointed. This is my first Dodge and I am very uncomfortable with the way this is going so far. I am bringiong it back in for a third time tomorrow and I have only had it a week!
    BCC
  • BCC-
    Mega cab/Quad cab owners are all faced with a serious design flaw, with the weak air conditioner performance. For a standard cab the air is probably fine, as the cab sizes grew the systems capacity did not. Any combination of high heat or extra passengers pushes the limits to the minimal system.

As I stated before, document everything and all the details of the condition. I am on day 25 with no air circulation at all, I might as well bought a truck with no A/C!! As you will find out the customer service/support is the worst. They want to sell...sell...sell... not fix.

Good luck!
    Silverbullet06
    HI ALL THIS PROBLEM IM HAVING IS THIS AIR FLAP THAT IM HAVING ELECTRIC OR VACUMN CONTROLLED. JAN01
    The blend doors are electric now.

kcram - Pickups Host