Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Climate Control

1171819202123»

Comments

• I recently bought a 2002 Ram 1500 with the 4.7 V8. The previous owner was the original purchaser and did disclose the a/c had not worked in several years, he just drove with the windows down in teh summer. On checking, I found the condenser fan shorted, replaced that. The a/c cab fan won't come on unless turned on high, and I can't get any vents to work except defrost and floor. Is this most likely the climate control module or something else? I pulled the unit out of the dash and disassembled and cleaned the contacts, but with no change in what works and what doesn't. Any suggestions are appreciated.
  • The A/C control in the Dodge Ram trucks is controlled by vacum. It sounds like to me you have either a vacum leak or clogged vacum lines going to or from the control switch on top (it's the one with the vacum switches). You will need a vacum meter/guage to diagnose this and a repair manual to give you the proper specifications for testying and diagnosis.

I hope it helps.
  • kboudrekboudre Posts: 1
    I see alot of post with AC not blowing cold on passenger side. I have to the reverse. The passenger side AC blows cold while the Drivers side does not. The amount of air flow on both side are the same, so that is not an issue. Could this be the blend door as well?
  • Its the damper moving around at random. check the thing for broken linkage
  • joillisjoillis Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    No matter where I turn the vent selector. ac/heat only blows to the floor. No defrost no vents just the floor. While back it would switch between vents to the defrost then to the floor. Then it would only do defrost and the floor, now it stays on the floor. I move the vent selector from ac to defrost and back and I do not hear the blend doors moving as I could before. I was wondering if it could be a vacuum leak as well or could it be something entirely different? Thank you for any input.
  • Yes this is a safety issue. Blend doors not working properly inpairs your vision in the winter by a not functioning defrost. Any time you have an issue with a vehicle you should reported to the National Safety Board in transportation. If the issue evolves while the vehicle is in movement.