Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Pacifica Owners - Give Us Your Report

Comments

• eaj1eaj1 Posts: 5
    Bought a new '05 AWD Touring in Jan '06 No problems so far. Just went on a 1200 mile trip to MI. The pacifica performed great. I had no problem with the power going up the PA mountains. In January I posted a question on how fast is the pacifica. Someone wrote back that the pacifica was not a race car. Being a corvette owner I'm used to speed. I must say the pacifica can hold its own. Great ride and a great looking car. I'm very happy with it. This is a great website.
  • Well, we're over 2000 mi on this thing and It's a joy to drive,,,,,,at least that's what my wife tells me....LOL
    Although, immediately,,,,within 75mi,, the tire pressure system alarm came on and won't go off. At the dealer now. Other than that it's been a dream. Nav system is great, stereo has one complaint. DVD won't show MP3 ID TAGS on songs. I've recorded several different formats and it will not show them.
  • Well they dropped the pressure back to 33psi and retaught the sensors. They gave me a TSR which shows that if the pressure changes +7/-10 the error is triggered. It's possible the calibration was not done at the factory and had never been taught to the onboard. Seems to be doing ok. The MP3 problem may be fixed with a new CD player. It will play MP3 but will not show the ID Tags. FM comes up with artist and title but Sirus and CD's (even commercially made CD's) don't show ID's. This was a heads up for the dealer/service. Said he'd never seen this before and want us to call Sirus.. Told him I would but am going to call him back no matter and ask him what his plan is.
  • Leased a '06 Touring AWD in June. Now have 4100 miles on it. Traded in a 2003 Explorer and I couldn't be happier. Only issue is that my blower motor for the rear air conditioner went out, but that was replaced by the dealer. On my wish list is the 5 speed tranny from my Explorer and maybe another 25-50 horses under the hood
  • There is a HUGE air pressure fluctuation when driving abouve 45mph with one back window down. I went to buy the wind guards for the windows but thought they looked goofy. I did put the sunroof shade on. Hopefully this will help with the problem. It actually talks about this problem in the manual and says to adjust the window......Design flaw
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,333
    Well, I'm not a "new owner" anymore, but I'm not sure what other discussion to post this in.

anyway, my accord was in for service yesterday, so I was in the Pacifica for my commute. It is a very rare opportunity when I get to drive the vehicle without the family on-board. Anyway, I just want to ask ... does it get better with age, or is it just my imagination?

It really seems like, at 15k miles, its now hitting its stride and feeling nice and 'broken in.' It feels quicker and more nimble than ever. Our mileage, however, is still hovering around 18 mpg in mixed driving, so that hasn't picked up too much. Although it is still better than when it was new.

anyway, its a real pleasure to drive sometimes. Granted, I like sporty cars and driving pretty fast, so its not something I'd like as my daily driver, but its a nice change of pace to get into the Pacifica and have a smooth, quiet, and comfortable drive.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

Yes, I guess you could call it a design flaw. Its a flaw that has been repeated in every single SUV I've ever owned, beginning with my 1987 4runner.

• b25nutb25nut Templeton, CAPosts: 199
    My Pacifica definitely got better with age. I think the transmission is programed to learn your driving habits and adjust accordingly. 18 mpg in mixed driving seems to be the best you will get if you, like me, drive 70-75 mph and are "aggressive" when you accelerate.
    yup. 70-75 is about right. I wouldn't say terribly aggressive when accelerating. My wife complains if I break 5000 rpms. ;)

• stephenstephen Posts: 131
    I just ordered a new signature series, which comes pretty well loaded. Sunroof is extra, and I did not order that. Will I be sorry at trade-in time? I hate sunroofs, but I notice that every Pacifica Signature available at dealers in Michigan has a sunroof, $800 extra.
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    Hello everyone! I bought a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica on March of 2006. Ever since then, money has been pouring out of my pocket taking it to the dealer far away from where I live. This car has been taken to the dealer for about 4-6 times over the last 6 months. This is unbelievable, from the engine stalling twice, all electrical issues are shut off from the car, both headlights defective, the right axle came lose while driving, and now a tire pressure sensor that keeps blinking. This is UNBELIEVABLE. I did not drive this car for the last three weeks since im scared something will happen. What can I do since the dealers dont car and are lazy. I dont want this car at all and i have until march 2007 for the three year warranty to expire. Should I call chrysler aagain and threaten to sue them to replace my vehicle or what should i do? I love the pacifica so much but all these problems now make me HATE chrysler. Please help since i am worried about my car. Thank you very much.
    see my reply in the other topic you posted in.

• I PURCHASED A 2004 PACIFICA AT THE END OF JUNE OF 2006 FROM SPARTANBURG DODGE IN SPARTANBURG SC AND THEY AND THEIR SERVICE DEPARTMENT ARE AWFUL AND I DON'T SEE HOW THEY EVER RECIEVED A FIVE STAR RATING!!!!! MY CAR HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP SEVEN TIMES FOR STALLING AND AN AWFUL POPPING NOISE AND TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS AND THE DEALERSHIP WILL NOT TAKE ACCOUNT OF THE FEACT THAT THEY SOLD US A LEMON AND THEY HAVEN'T FIXED THE PROBLEM AFTER ALL THE TIMES THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT. SO WE ARE GONNA HAVE TO SUE THEM I GUESS TO GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF.
    if you hate a dealership, go to a different one.

• i AM WITH YOU GIRL I PURCHASED ONE FROM SPARTANBURG DODGE IN SPARTANBURG SC IN JUNE OF 06 AND IT IS A 2004 AND IT IS A LEMON AND THEY REFUSE TO ADMIT IT. SO IM GLAD TO KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE! EMAIL ME IF YOU GET ANY LUCK. U NEED TO CONTACT BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND DEPT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS FOR THE LEMON LAW IF WE ALL TEAM UP AND DO THIS CHRYSLER AND OR THE DEALERSHIPS WILL HAVE TO BUY THESE CARS BACK OR SOMETHING!!!!
    why are you replying to me with that?? And who you callin a girl???? LOL.

By the way, please turn off your caps lock. Studies show this makes posts very difficult to read, thereby reducing your audience.

• Well I assmed that was your message posted and you seemed as frustrated as myself so I thought the purpose of this was to help each other out. i guess I was wrong when i recieve a reply back like this one!!!!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,877
    Online, ALL CAPS is generally considered to be shouting as well. Nothing personal intended, I'm sure.

You might want to try posting in some of the specific "problems" discussions we have here as well. You mentioned stalling, so you might want to discuss that with folks having the same issue in the Chrysler Pacifica: Starting/Stalling Problems discussion.

I understand that it's frustrating when there are problems with your vehicle. That's when it's time to think through your options clearly and not let things get crazy!

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Definitely no offense intended, misjualy.

My first response was just to let you know I believe you should try a different dealership since you are so unhappy with the one you've been going to. Personally, I don't think I'd ever give one dealership more than 2 shots to fix something. 2 strikes is enough when it comes to my car and my time. You'll find that you can have 2 amazingly different experiences at 2 different dealerships.

I thought your 2nd post may have been directed at drfill, which is why I asked why you were replying to me. But I'd probably still refrain from calling that person a "girl." Hehe.

• WELL YOU KNOW I PURCHASED IT FROM THIS DEALERSHIP AND WE ARE FUSSING WITH THEM TO BUY THIS LEMON BACK! ALSO FROM ALL THE SPECS I HAVE READ IT SEEMS CHRYSLER DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO FIX THE ISSUES WITH THE 2004 PACIFICA EITHER. THANKS!!
    I thought about not responding since you are yelling at me ... but I'll try and help regardless.

The heart of the matter is, a dealership does not buy lemons back, the manufacturer does. So you have absolutely no ground to stand on against the dealership. If you really want to pursue the lemon law, contact a lawyer, because you'll need one, and know that you will be suing Chrysler corporate, not a privately owned dealership.

however, before retaining a lawyer, I STRONGLY suggest you try having another dealership fix your car.

• NOTHING from any of the three dealerships in NYC. They all give me attitude, things get worse out of the dealership.. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! I am so angry and Chrysler does not care. By the way, i called a towing truck since my right axle came off and the car rolled down the street and I NEARLY killed a women since the car was on a hill. Thankfully, I pushed the parking brake but this is too dangerous. Please help and what can I tell the chrysler representatives? Thank you!
  • I am feeling you!!! Go online to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint online on the three dealerships especially the one you purchased it from and then do one on Chrysler and then go to a search engine and look up info on the lemon law for your state and see if they have a website to file a complaint also and I have been emailing Chrysler everyday and calling them . I am not giving up but I have contacted an attorney and I am fixing to go this route because yesterday the service dept told my husband they were fising things they had already replaced and just trying things because they had no clue what was wrong or how to fix it and neither did Chrysler. SO may be if we can get a team together and file suite on Chrysler we may get somewhrere!!!! Keep me posted.
  • I bought a brand new 2004 loaded Pacifica that listed at 44,600 in Feb of 2004.I now have 68000 miles on it and brought it back to the dealer for the first time last week!It was a squeaking tentioner on the serpentine belt. The only maintenance I have performed is that I replaced the front brake pads at 45000,use only synthetic oil and change it four times a year,replaced the original tires at 65000 miles and use a K&N air filter which I clean 4 times a year.I consistently get 17.5 to 18 mpg in mixed driving and have received as high as 23.1mpg on pure highway driving.I always use 87 octane reg gas and have no problem with engine performance.The car still rides like a dream with not one rattle. My other car is a 2004 Honda Pilot with 34000 miles it's been back to the dealer at least 4 times!I think my Pacifica thinks it's Japanese manufactured! I guess I'm lucky compared to problems that other people are having.
  • I leased this 2006 Chrylser Pacifica Touring on November 6th from Larchmont Chrysler in New York. Even though I did a once over throughoutthe vehicle, these are the issues I've found one day after taking it home and the responses I got from the sales person.

11/6/06: I spoke with the salesman today and these were his responses the following issues.

1) Heated seat not working in second row seat behind driver's seat.
    RESPONSE: Call Service Dept. for an appointment and let them know this problem was like that before I took it home.

2) Second row seats do not tumble from 3rd row

RESPONSE: Try again and use the latch

3) Car veers to the right on any type of road; I think a re-alignment may be necesary because the tires look fine.
    RESPONSE: Call Service Dept. for an appointment to check it out.

4) I want to use my iPod with the AUX input but getting the stereo set to AUX is almost impossible. It seems able to only switch to AUX sometimes if cables are plugged in to the RCA jacks; AUX mode works but only after repeatedly pressing the mode button and hopefully getting lucky (Owner's Manual p.224 & 225)
    RESPONSE: Try using the 88.x FM station to get AUX input (He said this even though I told the salesman that I'm not using an FM transmitter)
  • I am feeling you. I have been pushed and pulled around by Chrysler and the Dodge place where I purchased it. You need to go to The Better Business Bureau online and file a complaint on the dealership and Chrysler may be if enough people complain we will get something accomplished because these cars are LEMONS!!!!! They sold me on this ar that it was a mercedez well if it is I would never pay the money for a mercedez!!! Let me know how it goes!
  • 11/24/06: I got my Pacifica to the Dealer's service department and here's the report.

1) Heated seat not working in second row seat behind driver's seat.
    SERVICE DEPT: Reconnected loose harness wiring under seat and it's working now.

2) Second row seats do not tumble from 3rd row
    MYSELF: I tried this myself on the second row seat behind the passenger front seat and it works fine though the issue was with the second row seat behind the driver. Could not test it because of an installed baby seat which is a pain to remove once in place.

3) Car veers to the right on any type of road; I think a re-alignment may be necessary because the tires look fine.
    SERVICE DEPT: They checked and adjusted the tire pressure. The problem seems to have been fixed. I'll be sure over the next week or so.

4) I want to use my iPod with the AUX input but getting the stereo set to AUX is almost impossible. It seems able to only switch to AUX sometimes if cables are plugged in to the RCA jacks; AUX mode works but only after repeatedly pressing the mode button and hopefully getting lucky (Owner's Manual p.224 & 225)
    SERVICE DEPT: They reset the radio and controls and it seems to work.

Final Thoughts: So far, so good.
  • Help me decide on engine choice, and 2nd/3rd row seating configuration please!!!

Come the end of April 07, I'll be turning in my leased 04 Honda Odyssey and am 90% certain I'll be finding a used 05 Pacifica to purchase. (I'd be hard to decline an AWD Dodge Magnum if one were available and within my price range!)

I rented a Touring edition Pacifica back in May on business, and enjoyed driving it over a week.

Come April, my kids will be 3.5 and 1.5, so this will be the people moving vehicle in my household. The wife wants the bench seat in the 2nd row, so she can hop back there to sit in between and tend the kids while on long trips. I'd rather have the 3 rows of seating for when/if we have 6 people in the vehicle heading to football games. Is it difficult for a slender wife to hop back to the 3rd row of seats to tend to kids sitting in the 2nd row?

Also, is there really any MPG difference between the 210hp 3.8 engine vs the 250hp 3.5 engine? I don't need a hot rod, just a comfortable family wagon/van for $14k come April.

I live in Wisconsin, so while all-wheel drive would be nice, it's not necessary. I've been fine with fwd for the past 2.5 years.

I've seen every combo of engine, drivetrain, and seating configurations available on autotrader, but I'd like recommendations from you current Pacifica owners.

(I've ruled out the outdated domestic minivans, the foreign are too expensive, I don't like my 04 Odyssey enough to buy, and I'd like to give my wife a little luxury, which the Pacifica exudes when not in the shop)

Thanks!
  • Put the kids in the second row and install a DVD player.

The third row can be a little tight for an adult for longer trips.

Or..put the kids in the third row and have her sit in the second one.
    my wife has sat back in the 3rd row and tended to our baby in the 2nd row (she'll sit in the 3rd row if, for instance, we have her parents in the car: me driving, father next to me, mother behind me, baby in carseat next to her, so my wife in the 3rd row).

I would suggest a FWD 3.5. I don't believe you will see any mileage difference between the 3.8 and 3.5, so you might as well get the better engine. You will, however, see a big mileage difference between AWD and FWD, so if you don't need AWD, then don't get it. I wish we had opted for FWD myself. This 18 mpg is just harsh. (i averaged 22-23 in a FWD Pacifica loaner I had.)