Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Pacifica Owners - Give Us Your Report

Comments

• waterdrwaterdr Posts: 307
    Depending on where the oil ended up, this could take a very long time for the smell to go away.

If it were me, I would crawl under the car and spray a degreaser liberally wherever there is oil and then rinse it. The dealer might do it for you.
  • spnsrspnsr Posts: 3
    My wife and I are going to be having our 3rd kid and needed a third row seat and my wife is 100% against mini-vans, so with the current gas prices the Pacifica looked like a better choice than Durango. I bought a 2007 Touring FWD and have been very happy with it. It has averaged 24 - 26 MPG on the highway which is as good as our much smaller Saturn Vue got. My wife loved the Vue and was not sure about me buying this Chrysler, but now that she has driven it I can't get it away from her. I have got better than 200,000 miles on other Chrysler/Dodgesand I hope to keep this one around that long.
    My only design complaint with the PAC is that the third row is a bit hard to access. We have the second row captains chairs, and I think having a bench makes more sense if you have three kids.

We downsized from a Suburban and am still getting use to the smaller space.
  • spnsrspnsr Posts: 3
    I agree about the second row captains make it impossible to haul three children and cargo (Luggage, X-mas presents, etc.) like a car with trunk, but I don't have to hear any "He/She is touching me!" Also, we are lucky are oldest is 5 so he can get in and out on his own but not too fit. The passenger space is limited in that back row.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,887
    well, to be fair, its not "impossible." We've done it. Thankfully the 3rd row is a 50/50 split, so 2 people in the captains chairs, 1 in the back, and half the 3rd row folded for cargo ... not alot of cargo, but enough for our stroller, baby bag, and wedding gifts.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• greginwagreginwa Posts: 3
    Except it rides and drives more like a typical SUV and the styling leaves much to be desired.
  • greginwagreginwa Posts: 3
    A few months ago we bought a left over '07 Limited AWD with everything on it. We could not be happier. It rides and handles superbly. The gas milage is respectable at 25 hwy and 18 city. Actually better than expected. This is my 6th Chrysler and nothing about it makes me want to change logos. my '95 Concorde has 300,000 on it and still uses no oil. The least I have ever gotten out of a Chrysler was 175,000. To bad this is the last year for the Pacifica :cry: . Hopefully the Journey is not the only thing they could come up with to take it's place in the market.
  • djagdjag Posts: 39
    I had an 05 leased and after looking at the options (Edge-MXK;GMC;Buick) decided on the Pacifica. I like the looks and design much better than those I mentioned (boxy and bad economy) and drove I believe the 08 is quieter and smoother and faster and better economy. Also it had a sticker of 39k and I bought it for 29K. The 4.0 and 6 spd makes it a much better performer than the 05. Too bad Chrysler stopped making the only model designed jointly with MB. The NY Times said the Pac an the 300 are the best cars Chrysler made. I just hope all the Big Three can survive so the lifetime warranty is good.
    The Limited was hard to find as they all sold out quickly in Jan.
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    diag: Inthe midwest there is a fairly good supply of the Limited PAC's. The Pac was still being Made up until May. Arifleet still lists the PAC on the production schedule, but with no information on ordering, which is odd. The PAC would normally have been dropped from the list when new production restarted up on July 21st.
    Actually MB had very little to do with the PAC. I have read some on this forum thought MD designed the engine and trans. But the 4.0 L engine is basicly the 3.5 L thats been refined, and the trans. is made by Borg Warner.
    I believe the Pac 2007 & 08 with the 4.0 l engine and the 6 speed auto trans is one of the best very best vehicles Chrysler has ever built. The Chrysler 300 is also real nice as well. The Pac is the largest cars that was built in 07 & 08.
    What king of fuel mileage do you get? That's the part we are amazed at, we have gotten as high as 28 mpg but just puttsing around town its 21 to 23 mpg. Heck that's great as far as we are concerned. Heck, the Chevy Aveo only gets 25 mpg in that Korean tin can.

farout
  • mtjc521mtjc521 Posts: 26
    What did you pay a few months ago for the 07 Pac Limited AWD? Thanks for any help, and pls post it in the "prices paid" forum.
    I bought my 2007 PAC Limited AWD in Dec. It had a $36k+ MSRP and I paid something like $27k+. I don't remember the exact details, but I know it was around $9k under sticker.
  • Ours listed for a touch over $37,000, and we paid just under $28,000. I feel we got a very good deal. Of course we have been dealing with Murray Motors for years.
    The last Pacifica was build at the Canadian plant in December 2007. None made in 2008. The suspension is from the previousl MB Eclass and the drive train was designed by MB. The tranny is the same as the Cclass.
    djaq: How does one find out this information? On www.airflees.com/ they showed PAC production into May 08. It may be they just left the spot filled. I called Chrysler Customer Care and they say they can not give out that information. I appreciate your help.

farout
    djag: I spend some time calling a dealership that sold a lot of PAC's and it took them only a short time to confirm what you have said. The people at the dealership were supprised as well. So you are right on! The information I got before was from a trusted person who is a parts man at a 5 Star dealer, he clearly got it wrong. Thank you for correcting me! I am always able to be corrected, and I sure thank you! How do you get your information? Thanks again!

farout
    I tried to order a limited in Feb and was told by the dealer that none were made in 2008 and I would have to find one on a dealers lot if i could. Arrigo Chrysler is the largest in the US and is here in Florida and they couldn't get me one.
  • Purchased my 2004 Pacifica(Light Almond Pearl Metallic in color) last November(2007) with 67k, have 78k now . I have no complaints to date. Appears previous owner( one owner vehicle) took care of the vehicle. I had my reservations purchasing a used vehicle, but so far so good.
    Tim
  • :sick: my 2007 pacifica 4.0 six speed with 28000 today give up, the transmission broke, always shift hard, the dealer chek before and they say was normal. please guys loock for this problems, I have other pacifica's before, great suv, love, but 2007 with the new transmission is bad!!!! last pacifica I buy, sorry...
  • wozwoz Posts: 3
    I just traded in my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee (an excellent vehicle) for a 2007 Pacifica Limited with Nav and 12996 miles. What a car! Very roomy, comfortable, and quiet riding car.
    So far, gas mileage on the EVIC is approx 18, much better than the 14 of the GC.

I have the Cognac Crystal Clear Coat and it is beautiful, especially accented by the chrome 19" wheels.

The A/C is one of the best I've had...ice cold!

I think the Nav screen is hard to see in sunlight, unlike my GC and my other car, a 2007 VW Passat Wagon with Sport Package and Nav. The Pacifica nav svreen should be brighter (even though I have it on Max).

I haven't had it a week yet but I am smitten with it.

I was able to get a
    woz: glad you are happy with your PAC. We have an 07 Pac Touring AWD. Very seldom do we get lower than 22 mpg. We have gotten as bad as 18.5 and as high as 28 mpg, by actual miles driven divided by the gallong. The EVIC is pretty much accurate.

The only issue to watch for is a chugging or as the experts say a "shudder" in the transmission. This happend at 1500 to 2000 in 6th gear. This is resolved by replacing the torque converter. The factory does this free if you discover this. The factories warranty is good until 36,000 miles.

We bought ours new on August 31, 2007, and we now have 48,000 miles on it. We are very pleased with the Pac.

There are a few on this forum that had Chrysler buy back their Pac's because of the transmission shudder. But by far most like their PAC's a lot.

If you are using the 89 octane fuel, you will find that 87 will works just as well. The power of the 4. L engine and the 6 speed auto are a really great combination, and we have never wanted more that this puts out. We have had V-8 engines that were gutless in comparison.

We had purchased a 2007 Jeep Compass $X$ and it was a DOG. Very poor mpg like 22 at the most and fit and finish was beyond poor. We traded it in after 5 months and less than 10,000 miles. The Pac was everything we have wanted and more.

I hope this has helped some, and you enjoy your ride.

jfarout