Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• minibritminibrit Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if the versa will be offered in the US with all the accessories its Japanese counterpart (Tiida) has?:

http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PARTS/TIIDA/C11/driving_support.html

Im particularly interested in the section that makes the surface flat when the seats are folded:
    http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PARTS/TIIDA/C11/td_057.html
    Hopefully this will be available in the US as its important for me to have a flat surface when the rear seats are folded down, otherwise I will consider the Honda Fit as this folds flat from what I can see.

also, the 'pet carriers' are pretty cool! http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PARTS/TIIDA/C11/td_062.html

If these little treats wont be available in the US when its released here, does anyone know if its possible to purchase from Japan and have them shipped?
  • carzzzcarzzz Posts: 282
    I notice many wants a flat cargo when the seats fold down. Here is an accessory that make the cargo flat by putting on a "shelf". Not sure will it be available in North America and it costs about 220 US.
    http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PARTS/TIIDA/C11/td_057.html
  • yardtimeyardtime Posts: 4
    Ok I realize that the versa isn't really intended to be used to tow things, but what about something small? Is there some type of towing package that would allow me to connect a bike carrier or something similiarly small?

I am an avid biker and would like to know if this is a possibility.
  • I notice three main areas of concern crop up, flat cargo area, pet carrier, and bike hauling.

I have an answer for two of these.

The pet carrier is a generic thing available through several vendors, I have seen it at my local petsmart before.

As for the bike, Sarris makes a great thing called a Bones (which holds three bikes) or a Bones2 (which holds... two! bikes). The bones is a wishbone shaped thing (meant to go over a spoiler of a sedan/coup/etc) but which works great on hatchbacks. I got mine years ago for my little subaru and I have been able to use it on my subie, my mom's subie forester, and my little Sidekick (which is a covertable/tracker thing and has a half door at the back). This thing doesn't scratch or marr, and it extremely easy to install and remove (there are six straps to place and tighten) and it'll probably be cheaper than the hardware for a hitch mount. I've used my bones to take my bikes from eastern Kentucky all the way to northern Michigan without incident.

As for the cargo thing, that looks so cool!!! I can't see why they wouldn't eventually sell it in the US, and if they don't, you'll be able to get it off eBay as soon as some japanese guy realizes that he can purchase a ton of them and charge us for them. That would probably be cheaper than ordering it direct from a Nissan dist. in Japan.

So, I guess that I ultimately lied: I had solutions for all three...

--cheers! :blush:
  • The list of Bluetooth compatible phones on the nissan website seems to have quite a few older phones listed. I'm wondering if this is the most up-to-date list. Alternatively, If anyone has experience with a phone that's not on the list, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks,

LG
  • What is the specific website for the Bluetooth phones? We are thinking of getting a Palm Treo 680 and wondered if it was compatible with the Versa SL.
  • The list is downloadable from http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth However, they list compatible phones for the Quest and the Maxima, but not the Versa. The only Palm listed is the Treo 700W.

LG
  • Zeta products has just released a custom armrest just for the 2007 Versa, here is a link to the product http://secure.crisp.net/ecommerce/zetaproducts/product_info.php?cPath=58&product- s_id=193 , I currently have a 2007 Honda fit with a zeta arm rest and its been working flawlessly!
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,643
    I have the Treo 650 and have no problems using the Bluetooth....

Tony
  • tjfantjfan Posts: 4
    I am getting a Blackerry Pearl. Is it compatible?
    Just got my new SL CVT in time for Christmas. Just love the car. Have driven about 1,200km and averaging 8.5L/100Km or around 28mpg(US). My only complaint is with front wheel slippage when accelerating from a dead stop if I'm heavy on the gas pedal. (I have Michelin Ice on.)
    yes, the CVT is geared really low to start off and it does spin the front tires easily, the only way to stop this is, don't drive to agressively from the start.
  • My sidekick 3 works well with the Versa... The only problems I've had have been occasionally the Versa has not picked up my calls... but if I remarry the connection, it works fine (this is a common problem with bluetooth devices and "super phones" in general and so I don't attribute it to the Versa in particular).

I've only had this problem once in the three weeks I've owned my Versa.

- :blush: -Kmbr
    The only real problem I have had with the bluetooth and my Treo is, connection at start up, once a month or at worse twice a month it wont pick up the phone. I have to restart the Treo and the phone connects to the car. like you, I attribute this to the phone not the versa. So far I've had the car now for 6.5 months and really love it..

Tony :shades:
  • Well, this answered my question to you from the other board... you are well past your break in and your first service by now!!

Do you have a problem with people being able to hear you when you're talking "on your car"? I get a lot of complaints about sounding too far away... When I was looking at the Versa online (this summer) I thought it said the speaker hole was on the steering wheel, but it is actually on the ceiling... I haven't see anybody comment on this...

-- Cheers! :blush:
    I have 7900 miles and yes, people have complained that it sounds like I'm talking far away, I just speak up alittle, other then that the system in the car works great..

Tony
    I've tried to set up my Blackerry Pearl, no luck. Any advice? By the way, as the weather gets colder, my V is getting worse mileage, is is common. I love the car though.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,737
    Yes, it's common for a car to get worse fuel economy in cold weather, for a number of reasons.
  • Here's a quick fix if you don't care for all that bland black plastic on the front of the Versa. Lots of cutting and fitting before you install.
    The chrome trim has double sided tape and you had better get it right the first time! Other than that, it's only a half hour job. Use the 'Slideshow' feature to check it out.

http://picasaweb.google.com/longo64/VersaPics33
  • I think this is a problem with any car-bluetooth phone of this sort. I have had people in BMW 7-series call me and they're hard to hear, too!
  • Any luck with the Blackberry Pearl?? I am getting my Versa w/ bluetooth tomorrow and I have a blackberry pearl...just wondering if you managed to get it to work and what the problem was?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,708
    it seems they're having a hard time hearing people calling them from their Blackberry's.

2011 Kia Soul Sport 5-speed

• alioopalioop Posts: 2
    I got my Versa on Friday, it is now Monday and I used the bluetooth w/ my blackberry pearl a few times this weekend with no problem. Sounded pretty good, with regular speaker-phone type quality. Didn't need to shout or raise the volume. ;)
  • longo2longo2 Posts: 347
    OK, so the photo link on the above posting died. I will include the latest photo gallery items I have on our 07 Versa.

If you use the 'Slideshow' feature, it will enlarge and auto-scroll the photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/longo64/VersaPics02
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,895
    That's the kind of stuff you should put in a Guide on your CarSpace page! :shades:

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• longo2longo2 Posts: 347
    HI Kewl,

Not sure what you mean..i.e. you don't want photo links on this forum?

Let me know and I will delete it all if that's the problem.
    No, photos are fine. But you can put a how-to guide on your CarSpace page as well. If you don't know about it, CarSpace is like our automotive version of MySpace. Take a look at my CarSpace page to get an idea what it's about...

http://www.carspace.com/pf_flyer

To get to YOUR CarSpace page, just go to http://www.carspace.com/longo2, sign in with your Edmunds ID and PW and fill in your profile info to get going. You'll see the Guides link at the top of the page. You can also post photos and videos on your page.

If you have any questions or need help with anything, feel free to click on my username and drop me an email. That's why the hosts are here!

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• nice job, really makes the car look sharp
    Yesterday I had to pick up my daughter from her job, but I was trying to fit my bike ride into my day. So I folded down the rear seats, slid the passenger seat forward a bit, and managed to get the bike inside the Versa so I could drop the car off with her and ride home :shades:

Was a tight fit, but it worked. I'll have to take a picture next time!

• bikedorianbikedorian Posts: 48
    Do you remove the front wheel when transporting the bike? I built a riser for the cargo area so the floor is flat and that helps with the bike and other larger objects. The riser only cost a few bucks for the lumber and it open so I don't lose the storage space. It's also portable so I don't need to keep it in the V when not in use.

David
This discussion has been closed.