Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Hybrid Test Drive: What Did You Think?

2»

Comments

• bow45bow45 Posts: 21
    I believe the 2009 model has ABS, TCS & stability control system whereas the 2008 model only has ABS.
    According to the article of Glen Beanard, 2009 and 2010 Escape/Mariner and Fusion/Milan have SBA (Simulator Brake Actuator) system, whereas the 2005 to 2008 Escape/Mariner has "problematic" EHB (Electro-Hydraulic Brake) system.

You can find some known issues about EHB system here:
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,863
    edited November 2010
    "According to the article of Glen Beanard, 2009 and 2010 Escape/Mariner and Fusion/Milan have SBA (Simulator Brake Actuator) system, whereas the 2005 to 2008 Escape/Mariner has "problematic" EHB (Electro-Hydraulic Brake) system.

You can find some known issues about EHB system here: "

Your link did not get through, but so far I've not had any problems with brakes on my 2008 FEH. Nor have I read of any problems on the various site I watch.

The stuff I've seen about the Gen 2 FEH is that they programmed the brake to feel more like a "normal" brake, isolating the feel of the regenerative braking. And they had to recall the system to reprogram it on some of their hybrids, I don't know if the FEH was included in that.
    edited November 2010
    Ken Yagelski's blog post My Ford Escape Hybrid Brake Repair Experience - The Brakes Broke the Bank! on January 23rd, 2010. >> link

Glen Beanard's article Tech Feature: Ford Hybrid Braking on June 22nd, 2009. >> link
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,863
    "Ken Yagelski's blog post My Ford Escape Hybrid Brake Repair Experience - The Brakes Broke the Bank! on January 23rd, 2010. >> link

Glen Beanard's article Tech Feature: Ford Hybrid Braking on June 22nd, 2009. >> link"

Thanks for the links. The "Brakes Broke The Bank" story is the only one I have seen. I don't consider a single instance on the first year of production to be an indicator of a general problem with the Gen 1 FEH mechanical system.
2»
This discussion has been closed.