Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Audio & Entertainment Questions

Comments

• In reply to your first question: the AUX input connects to the analog sound output (headphone jack)on your MP3 player. There is no way the info you want is going to be transferred to the car. This is why I much prefer putting the MP3's on CD's which will display that info.
  • Does anybody know how to speak a "DASH" into the system as part of an address? Whenever I try to enter an address via voice commands (ex: "ONE" "ZERO" "TWO" "DASH" "THREE" "SIX" for 102-36) the system reads it as 102736 or 102NW36 or something similar.

I've tried to replace the "DASH" with "HYPHEN", "SLASH", "SPACE", and have even tried to speak the address without any punctuation (ex: "ONE" "ZERO" "TWO" "THREE" "SIX") but then the system tells me that no such house number exists.

Any imput is welcome!

Thanks
    James
  • What do most Camry Hybrid owners do? I see that the Camry Hybrid is XM or Sirius Capable but is it better to go with Toyota or Best Buy/equivalent?
  • plknjplknj Posts: 121
    As a Sirius subscriber for over two years, this was a major issue for me. Basically, it will cost you over $800 to have Toyota replace your XM and most units are on back order. I transferred my Stiletto to my TCH for a grand total of $65. The work was done by an auto specialty store which I trust.

Also, the new radios are not as powerful as the older models so some shops may want to install a booster for the signal. Great, but you have to turn off Sirius when you want to listen to regular radio. My guys circumvented this by adding a connection to my rear window defroster... blew me away. Just wish Toyota would not list XM/Sirius on the sticker as it is very misleading.
  • ourdad1ourdad1 Posts: 7
    Where in the the car did you have your unit installed?
    It is installed via a suction cup right above the dash on the lower left side of my window. As I drive over 100 miles a day I also have my Garmin GPS and my radar detector on my windshield. A bit of a pain when I have to take them all off, but they work perfectly.

I have the Stiletto 100... there are some really small units that these auto shops can hide really easily. I happen to like the features of the Stiletto.

I do not know if there is a way to upload pictures... if there is I would show you the set up.
  • I bought my new TCH last week, and my Toyota dealer was supposed to install the integrated Sirius. I got a call today from the dealer saying the 2007 TCH without the Nav, does not support the integrated Sirius, only XM, even though Toyota boasts XM/Sirius Compatibility with the 2007 TCH. Has anyone actually got Sirius to work yet with the TCH, not using the Aux jack or an FM transmitter, but controlling from the in-dash stereo? I am a faithful Sirius subscriber and I am not interested in XM. And I also do not want to install a separate Sirius receiver and mar the look of my interior. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • ourdad1ourdad1 Posts: 7
    It does suck being mislead. But that is what happened to me when I purchased my TCH. Not much can be done at this time unless something has changed.
  • My dealer said that I could have either one! I chose the XM because I have Sirius in my other vehicle. They install a receiver in the vehicle and add an antenna. Perhaps there is another dealership or a shop in the area that can integrate the Sirius for you.

Let us know what you find out. Good Luck :shades:
    It is false advertising... but it sounds as if your dealer just found out the 'simple' switch will cost them hundreds of dollars so they are telling you they can't switch them out. I went to two dealers, neither were familiar with the costs until they researched it. Your car CAN take Sirius... other people have spent the $700- 800 to upgrade. There is a shortage of Sirius radios, I was told the wait is a month or two. I had my Stiletto moved to my TCH for $60 and am very happy with the results, but am upset with Toyota for this false advertising.
  • bishopgabishopga Posts: 3
    My automatic transition never seems to cut off. I like to keep the display on audio, but my NAV always wants to seem to take over --anyone else have this problem?
  • lungdoc63lungdoc63 Posts: 55
    In the settings somewhere (its been a while) you can choice to have the audio screen left on indefinitately, until you hit audio, or some other button.
  • navguy1navguy1 Posts: 181
    Press 'INFO', then touch 'SCREEN SETTING', then touch 'OFF' to prevent the sytem from defaulting to the map display. You will also find that you can change the color from GREEN to ORANGE on this menu too!
  • mrbill4mrbill4 Posts: 3
    Same here. Stiletto seems to work great. Just tried it today.
    I hate the XM programming with no DJs and no Howard Stern :)
  • gampagampa Posts: 78
    Well it's my first major problem with the Hybrid in the last several months. It appears the cd player is not playing cd's and is having trouble loading and ejecting them.
    The Cds are "originals" having the required logo on the front label so I assume it must be the unit.
    It seems that all else works with the radio and navigation system.
    I will be taking it to the dealer over the next few days and I'll post the results for those who have the same problem.

Gampa
  • Hi, In my TCH - the mp3 player (Creative Nomad JukeBox 30 GB) when connected to the auxillay jack and the auxillary power (both the one in the dash and the one in between the seats) causes a whine sound thru the audio system. This sound stops when you pause the Mp3 player, Also resumes with a louder sound when you restart the Mp3 player. It totally disappears when disconnected from the power source from the car and let run on the internal Mp3 player battery. This has always been like this. The player never worked without causing the said problem.

It is like the player interferes with the car's audio system - any ideas, or similar experiences?
    Thanks for your time.
  • I tried out an "07" with nav before buying my "08" hybrid with nav. The "07" had always a line above the map showing the radio station. I want this on my "08"! I tried INFO, SCREEN SETTINGS, OFF, and this doesn't do it. Any help out there?
  • acco20acco20 Posts: 208
    I have a 2007 with nav. How do I get it to show the radio station on the screen all the time. Mine does not do that at this time.
    Just started using my Ipod in the car and am also hearing a background whine. Don't know what to do about it... hear it more on audio books then with music.