Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Audio & Entertainment Questions

12345679»

Comments

• Did you find a fix for your cd player? My player will not eject the cds or play them.
  • pat85pat85 Posts: 92
    I have an 09 TCH. Is there an easy way to hook up an Ipod touch? I have the Nav systyem. There is what looks like a cigarette lighter type aux connector near the botton of the radoi inside the lift up door.
  • ssmith7ssmith7 Posts: 1
    On my '08 TCH with the basic package, I was playing a CD and noticed that the display showed random, broken-looking characters. I can use the buttons to change tracks, etc., but I have no read-out. This has happened three times in the past year and eventually the display returns to normal. Before I take it to the dealer, has anyone else seen this or does anyone have a recommendation about what to do?
  • pat85pat85 Posts: 92
    I have an IPOD connected to my 2009 TCH. I bought a connector that inserts into the connector in that liftup door under then radio. In the back on the bottom is a place to insert the IPOD connector. The connection I bought also connect to the 12 volt cigarette lighter type connector in there too. So my IPOD plays and charges when connected. You have to put the station selector on AUX to play then IPOD. It's pretty simple and fairly obvious how to connect it
  • We bought a 2011 Camry Hybrid in 2010. From day one I complained about the AM reception around the L.A. area. Big stations' signals would fade out or get "noisy" and thereby un-listenable driving round town. Toyota headquarters said "no problems reported blah blah blah".

Frequently I would drive up and down I-5. A BIG Fresno station could be heard for about 100 miles and then would fade.

My wife bought a 2011 Prius. The first time we drove the Prius on I-5 we could listen to that same station for several hours - over a distance of 250 miles or more. WOW!

Still, Toyota led me to believe that I was the oooooonly one complaining about the radio in my $29,000. car which, otherwise, we looooove.

In July the on-off knob mechanism broke. My extended warranty covered the replacement of a new radio (probably a re-manufactured item). I was hoping that I would get better reception . . . no such luck. The replacement radio's performance is just as terrible as the original :-(

Am I really thaaaaaat special that I got the Camry with a bad radio? Help ! ! !