Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan New Owner Reports

Comments

• scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    Are you sure your not a Honda rep or a Toyota rep trying to spread rumors and discontent about Milan/Fusion?..?? ;)
    Why don't you trade your Milan in and get it over with ? or take it to the dealer and get it checked out? You can visit any number of Mercury dealers you want. Its under warranty. If one dealer doesn't find a problem, take it to the next dealer..
    I Have to admit. I was on vacation last week and did mostly stop/go city driving in my Fusion SEL V6 and my mileage dropped to about 21.2 MPG from 27.4! I commute on freeway and wow! what a difference.. :shades:
  • lol, thats what iam thinking... i know 4 people who have had fusions from oct 05, not a single issue in any... you know they see it as a very good car, and they will talk it down alot to just prop up the others... best thing to do is test drive it yourself... i convinced 3 people to buy fusion\milans over camry, accord and that hyundai thing.. they test drove them all, they didnt even notice the 40 more hp in the others and loved the cars and bought them...

also, on the mileage thing, if you start out city driving it will go low and stay there, no matter how many highway miles you go after city, i know, i have a fusion. tell me this, how many miles you get to the tank before you fill up? lol.. now dont go looking to see what the fuel tank size is.. comon post number fast..

easy to get different mileage rating.. reset it on freeway, drive freeway then city and back then you will get your real average, mine at 600 miles is getting 26.1 city and freeway for last 2 weeks... go figure.
  • No, I am not a rep. When I was talking about trading in before, I was referring to the program about trading it back to Ford. But I understand that ended Aug 19. I wasn't even aware of it. I am thinking of trading though. Thanks.
  • I have been keeping record of the mileage and figuring it myself. Unfortunately, it comes out to be less than what the mileage thing shows. Thanks
  • It's been a while since I've been out here on the forums. I can honestly say that I'm surprised to be seeing complaints out here. I've had my 06 Fusion SEL (Black/Black Leather) since December. I love everything about it.
    The paint glows, the gaps are uniform, IMHO this car has the best interior in its class. Especially with the leather seats. No issues whatsoever as far as fit and finish goes.
    The car rides great, everyone that I've had in it has commented on how smooth it is out on the highway. And it's a blast to drive hard out in the twisties.

I was a bit concerned with the mileage I was getting for the first few months. I was averaging low 20s in mostly in town driving. I'm happy to report that I'm now getting somewhere between 24 and 27 in mixed driving. The mileage will start crappy, but improve every tankful as the motor breaks in.
    It is my firm belief that anyone stating that they are getting 13MPG is either lying or drives with the brake depressed all of the time. Have you guys that are stating 13MPG ever reset your MPG counter? btw...The first trip of any significance that I took in my Fusion (1000 miles) I averaged 29MPG, just as advertised.
  • Don't get me wrong, I like the car. After my 11 MPG Explorer, this is a dream. Yes I test drove the car, not the exact one I bought. Sometimes you're overcome by the overall new car experience, you don't get deep into the vehicle's issues until later. And some of the things I mentioned, you might not notice - I do because I work in the auto industry. My issue is with the dealer's "too bad, live with it" attitude. A simple "we're sorry" would have made me happy.
    I am reading around the net another thing Ford is doing to reverse its money losses and improve its image is not renewing dealer licenses/agreements with those dealerships that have many complaints and lack sales. I think this is a great idea myself. :shades:
  • I have posted before and found that some people are quite sensitive about the issues I have with my car. Just be glad it's not your experience. Just wanted to update that my mileage is now up to 16-18 mpg. Otherwise, I am more satisfied with my car now that I have had it a few months. Since I only drive about 5 miles to work, the gas problem is not a big deal for me. I did purchase the heavy rubber mats with the Fusion logo made for this car and I believe it will be a lifesaver for the carpet.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    Of course you will get poor mileage, if most of your trips are that short.

My kid gets only about 18 mpg driving a 1991 Sentra with a 1.6L engine. This car weighs only about 2300 pounds. The low mileage is is because he only goes about 3 miles to school in it.
    My mileage average has dropped .2 to 26.6 from 26.8.. in my Fusion SEL v6. I do however commute mostly freeway to work. I only live about 4 miles off the freeway, work is about 1 mile off freeay. I can average 60-65MPH on this freeway.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    Check your tires when cold.
    S and SE with 16 inch wheels should read 34 lbs/sqin. the SEL with 17 inche wheeils should read 33 lbs/sqin,

Mark.
  • Owners, have you encountered any problems with the engine? Does FORD still stand for Fix Or Repair Daily, or has FORD cleaned up their act. I am asking this because there is no problems/solutions discussion for the fusion.
  • heyjewelheyjewel Posts: 1,046
    13.8 mpg in a Fusion?

I get better mileage than that in my Navigator.

There is either something wrong with the car or the way you drive it.
    "Owners, have you encountered any problems with the engine? Does FORD still stand for Fix Or Repair Daily, or has FORD cleaned up their act. I am asking this because there is no problems/solutions discussion for the fusion"

The 3.0 Duratec is a proven engine. The Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan is proving to be quiet a reliable and quality built vehicle. I'm sure there will be problems. However as you scan the internet you will see small stuff not anything majore like engines or transmissions or suspension issues.
  • sounds good, thank you

~allcars are cool
  • I don't think so. My lead footed wife's been driving a Milan I-4 M for about a year now. She loves driving it and gets about 26.5 MPG. We took it on a trip to Tenessee during the summer and the computer was registering 32+ MPG at the end of the trip even though we did 3 hours in driving rain on the way home and a fair amount of driving up and down in the mountains (I have a much ligher foot?). Any way with gt 20,000 miles, the only problem I've had was with the floor mats. We wore a hole in the drivers side mat under the gas pedal at 15,000 miles. Ford replaced it with an upgraded model.
  • On the mileage question. I was listening to CarTalk a couple of weeks back and some gal called in complaining about her Toyota. Seems she was getting 20+MPG when she lived in California and going 30+ miles each way to work. Then she moved to Lansing Mich. Now driving 3-4 miles each way in the cold, she's getting a whopping 12-13 MPG and wants to know why... :D
  • fho2008fho2008 Posts: 393
    Stop and go traffic kills mileage. Just like highway miles bring it up to the hi side of the epa cycle.
  • I bought the first AWD fusion in town according to the dealer. Since then they've sold about three more. I went with Oxford white with black leather. Its an 2007 V6 SEL. Very happy with it
  • scerniscerni Posts: 1
    I got a Ford Fusion SE at the end of January. So far, I'm totally thrilled with the car. It has just about everything, and even little hooks in the trunk to hold grocery bags in place. The MPG is great for a car this size. I traded a brand new Sebring with less than 3,000 miles as that car had already indicated it would be nothing but a headache to own. So far, the Fusion appears to be a great choice. The dealer was a pleasure to deal with and made me the best deal he could, given the circumstances. I believe Ford is really making the effort to change the American automobile. I've had such a bad experience with Honda, and now Chrysler. So far the Fusion is all smiles. :)