Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX35 and FX 45 Tires and Wheels

13»

Comments

• smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    I had to get new tires before I returned my 2005 FX35 in 2009 because my OEM Bridgestone's were shot by 40k miles. I put on a cheap costing set of Yokies and they were great tires! The ride and handling was 5 times better than the Bridgestones though they did seem to be a tiny bit noisier and tended to flat spot in very cold winter weather but overall, for their price, I would recommend them to anyone as a replacement tire for the FX! Mine were int he 18inch tire size!

Yokohama AVID V4s were the tire I got I think! They were like $140-$150 a tire compared to the like $250-280 a tire they wanted for the OEM Bridgestones that came with the FX35!
  • Is there an aftermarket shock/strut universal parts that will fit this FX35? I'd like to soften the ride comfort. Also, are the same OEM shock sizes used on the 2009 thru 2011?

Thanks
    Ken Moore
  • timkaytimkay Posts: 1
    OMG. I just did the same thing today. 08 fx 35 sport package with Goodyear OEMs and replaced with the hancook 265/50/20. Anybody know the return policy for tire rack if any? Drove maybe 10 miles back home from the shop. I also noticed these tires aren't as wide as the goodyears. Is it because they are touring and the goodyears are high performance? Wish I would have stuck with the goodyear rsa.
  • bigal080bigal080 Posts: 1
    What did you ever do about the Hankook? I got my fx used and It had Hankook tires already installed. I was trying to figure out what the original tire was on the car, when I found this blog! If it makes you feel any better I think I made a huge mistake too! I went this morning to put new shoes on my fx and the guy told me he had a great tire made by Hankook called Aurora! I never heard of it before, but I thought it was the name of the tire. I just got home to look up the reviews and I can't find any reviews!
  • nobadmojonobadmojo Posts: 2
    I realize I am responding to an old post, but I thought I'd relay my experience with a 2010 FX with the 20" wheels. The 20" wheels make the ride unforgivably harsh on anything but very smooth roads. If you live in the north where the concrete highways get uneven, you are in for a lot of bouncing and unevenness. Stay with the 18s.
  • flzzflzz Posts: 19
    What is the take on the best tire replacement for the Potenza 18in oem tire for my 08 FX35 awd? I live in NE ohio-Akron Canton. I"m at 44k and winter is coming.
  • r34r34 Posts: 178
    I need to replace all tires on my 2009 FX35 AWD. I would like to get a tire that can handle at least light snow because live in the Chicago area. Anyone has experience between Yoko Parada and Yoko YK580?

Thanks.
  • julian_gjulian_g Posts: 1
    Did you ever decide or find out anything regarding the tires? I have the same car and just moved to the Chicago area. Any info would be appreciated.
  • flzzflzz Posts: 19
    Hankook Ventus has been a nice replacement
  • hi deannie, i realize your write up was done a while ago, but i currently have an 08 fx35 and i am faced with the same issue you described so well in this post. i am in need of replacing the stock potenzas and wondered if there was a lower profile tire i could buy that fits the stock 18 inch wheels. Well I found the same pirelli scorpion tires that you did and i wanted to know if you were really satisfied with them over the long haul. I am reading that they are unbelievably noisy and some people recommended staying away from them. Since it is confusing to know what the real story is I trust your recommendation simply by the way you wrote this very detailed post. Any feedback you can provide would be extremely helpful. Thank you and happy holiday!
13»