Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes You'd Like To See in the Toyota Camry Hybrid

Comments

• wingmanwingman Posts: 19
    How about a wiper for the back window and a GPS system as good as Garmin. Rear view camera and a better console that doesn't squeak.
  • dmhltd1dmhltd1 Posts: 31
    I had Michelins on my Solara. They were smooth and quiet but wore out quickly and I was surprised that Michelin didn't offer any kind of mileage guarantee. I went with Dunlop sport A2's.
    The only one I haven't seen mentioned is memory seats. When ever I get in after letting someone else drive I have a heck of a time getting the seat adjusted where I think I had it before. My 1995 explorer had memory for two drivers and that feature was one that actually continued to work as long as I owned the vehicle. I hate having to scroll through the dash display. I agree with the poster that recommended a backward button. I'm also not getting the mileage others get but that's for a different forum.
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,732
    "The problem is that even without adaptive cruise control, you are accelerating and braking with the flow of traffic regardless. The thought/hope is that it would be smoother and more fuel-efficient with adaptive cruise control."

I drive on LA freeways, and I do not overdo the acceleration and braking. I watch the traffic and anticipate trends. I do not use the brakes a whole lot, and gently accelerate. I'm not driving a hybrid, just being efficient.
    "I have not found that to be the case. It simply makes it easy to get good FE. "

Just for reference, when I put "QUOTES" in the post, it means I am quoting another post. You replied to something that I didn't originate.
    "had Michelins on my Solara. They were smooth and quiet but wore out quickly and I was surprised that Michelin didn't offer any kind of mileage guarantee."

That's odd, aftermarket Michelins have mileage warranties. The pair I bought had 80K miles (prorated, of course).
    The tires that came on the Solara were Michelin Energy MXV4. On Tirerack.com they show as having a warranty. They sure didn't when I went to replace them. They probably figured they were losing business and started offering a warranty.
  • newcarsnewcars Posts: 103
    Agreed!

I forgot about that. Yes, the Camry Hybrid should definitely have memory seats.
  • regal1945regal1945 Posts: 25
    Mine have memory seats, 07
  • lzclzc Posts: 483
    These want lists are interesting. Add them up, however, and the Carmy hybrid is beginning to get expensive.
    I searched the toyota specs for hybrid and XLE and can't find any mention of memory seats. How do you set them?
    Three switches, memory 1&2 on the left doorpanel, and one switch says set.
  • jbolltjbollt Posts: 734
    and this is a 2007 Toyota Camry HYBRID???????????
  • plknjplknj Posts: 121
    Recently... thanks to you all.. I have been getting 40 mpg and I think Toyota should go one step further than 'Excellent'... for moments like these I think they should go up a level like 'Outstanding'... 'You just saved a fortune'... 'Outtasite'... something one step above and beyond.

My new, loaded, '07 TCH has almost everything... but not memory seats! Though I just added Xenon headlights which my Toyota mechanic told me could void the warranty! I'll use them until they burn out... but what a difference... easier to see the deer at dusk and dawn.
  • newcarsnewcars Posts: 103
    I was so intrigued by your message that got up from my desk and went outside to look at the left door panel of my car to see if, after all these months of ownership, I overlooked the obvious.

I'm sorry but I don't think you have a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. I have a fully-loaded version, there is not a factory option offered that I don't have, and I do not have memory seats.
    Besides adjustable settings, the driver's seat comes with an available two-position Toyota Memory System. The available memory system features settings for two different drivers and front-seat passengers. Both the driver's and front passenger's side exterior mirrors are also included. For added convenience when parking, the mirrors automatically tilt down when the Camry is placed in reverse. Available heated and ventilated front seats have separate heaters and fans in the seat cushion that provide comfort regardless of the weather.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Sorry that's the Avalon not the Camry unless you're talking about a different market.
  • larsblarsb Posts: 8,204
    once again, those are features available in SOME versions of the Camry, but not in the hybrid, at least not to my knowledge.
  • jbolltjbollt Posts: 734
    regal1945, in what country did you buy your Camry?