Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    You may be right on the 50%, but I thought the range of the graph was 40 to 80%. It's been so long since anyone has asked. It's in the earlier threads.

Bottom line though the batteries are never fully discharged (or anywhere near it). The computer is designed to kick in and out of this state to keep them in this range to provide the longest life.
  • I'm thinking I'd like to add the Camry mudguards to my new black TCH, however I'm not sure how far down or out they stick beyond the body or wheels. I'm wondering if anyone noticed any significant aero drag after installation?

I'm sure they would help keep a lot of the splash and rocks off the lower body panels, but is there much (if any) penalty to fuel mileage?
  • wingmanwingman Posts: 19
    I have an 07 Camry with Nav. We all know that when you start up the vehicle there is a warning message that comes up on the screen that you shouldn't try to input to the Nav while vehicle is in motion. Well, somehow while playing with the buttons I had managed to prevent this message from coming up. What comes up is the last thing that was there when I turned off the car. Normally I would be glad this happens but in two days I'm trading the Camry for a 08 Highlander Hybrid Limited with Nav and I don't know how to eliminate that annoying message.

Anybody know how?
  • loves2readloves2read Posts: 47
    we just bought a TCH 09 in the DFW TX area--in this area if you go to toyota dealer's web site and look under in-stock--you can see the cars the dealer has at his lot and the ones in the "pool"
    you can also see that some dealerships like to order cars with the same set of options and some dealers never do have those--very strange since I am sure whatever they get comes through the Gulf States wholesale operations...

there are many options available here -- and some can be dealer installed afterwards like the moonroof or leather seats

my question is about the two leather seats options

one says there is lumbar and liquecell--it retails for 1429

but there is another leather trim with power driver and passenger seats
    and that is for 1300

both allow the C/C with heated seats---
    does anyone know the difference?
    can someone explain to me the two options for leather seating on a TCH

one of them is 1300 option w/o heated seats
    and the other is a shade over 1400 w.o heated seats--
    that is listed as separate C/C package
    is one for power seats and the other is not
    or is one for dealer installed seats?
    new owner--don't have my car or the info books--the XM radio is being installed and a clear bra and window tint

are the heated side mirrors turned on ALL the time--do they come on when the defroster setting is used---
    I don't remember a switch by the remote switch that moves them---
    maybe it was there--just don't remember it--have not needed to heat them up in short time we owned the car
  • pat85pat85 Posts: 92
    According to my 09 manual, the heating in the side mirrors come on when the rear window defroster is used. The mirrors do NOT bend . They are solidly mounted.
    IMO this is a real shortcoming.
  • craigetalcraigetal Posts: 7
    I have had my '09 Hybrid for approx. 3 weeks now, and am more than quite impressed, and pleased, with almost every facet of it. When I took delivery, I truly didn't want the navigation system option - but... am now wondering [out of curiousity mostly] IF it could be added by the dealer at my first regular service appointment.
    And, if so, any detriment to the car as a whole? [damage to dash, etc].?
  • wingmanwingman Posts: 19
    Save yourself $2000 plus labor and buy a Garmin nuvi880.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    I'd probably never pay what it would take to add it to the car as an afterthought. If NAV is all you want get a portable as it's cheaper and probably more accurate. However I love my NAV but seldom use the mapping function.
  • plknjplknj Posts: 121
    or theGarmin 350 or 750... all great units and extremely accurate. I have had a Garmin for over 5 years and could not live without one. In my opinion... Toyota should look at this forum to find out that the TCH mapping system.. again, in my opinion, is virtually uusable and incorrect in my '07. Otherwise, I love my car (oh yer, it would be nice if the voice commands worked).
  • jcihakjcihak Posts: 60
    Having used a variety of standalone GPS as well as in-car GPS (Honda and Toyota), there are drawbacks to each. The negatives to the standalones is - smaller screen size, can have problems mounting. Windshield mounted suction cups are a PITA, not to mention obstruct the view. Having said that, I recently bought a Mio c220 for $150 (cheaper now) and hated spending 10x that much for an in-car. The in-car units are just too expensive in my opinion. You also have to consider the repair costs if they fail out of warranty - $1k to $2k.
  • garykimgarykim Posts: 1
    I ordered a set of Auto Ventshades and was disappointed when they arrived and did not fit. Is there a difference in sized of the doors between the 07, 08 & 08 TCH's?
  • hblatthblatt Posts: 4
    Greetings,

I love everything about my 2007 Camry Hybrid except the fact that the Toyota Lawyers will not let customers use the Navigation system while the car is rolling. I have looked at many forum postings on this subject. I have tried many of the secret menu hacks... But none of these software overrides work with the latest Map DVD.

I have found a workable hardware solution. I have installed a switch to temporarily interrupt the speed signal to the Nav system when I need access to the menus. (Don't just cut the wire. There are times when you NEED the speed signal.) I just installed the switch inside the center console storage box. Flip the switch and you get full control of the menus. Flip it back for normal driving. You can find pinout information here: http://www.oemvalue.com/installcamry07.htm#pluglayout (Look for R12 pinouts.)
  • hblatthblatt Posts: 4
    Greetings,

This software hack only works on the older DVD's. As soon as you upgrade your maps the software menu overrides are locked out. (As on my 2007 TCH.)

I have found a workable hardware solution. I have installed a switch to temporarily interrupt the speed signal to the Nav system when I need access to the menus. (Don't just cut the wire. There are times when you NEED the speed signal.) I just installed the switch inside the center console storage box. Flip the switch and you get full control of the menus. Flip it back for normal driving. You can find pinout information here: http://www.oemvalue.com/installcamry07.htm#pluglayout (Look for R12 pinouts.)
  • mar11mar11 Posts: 4
    Ok, so I have ordered my 09 TCH with all availabe packages. On my spec sheet there is an "upgraded accessory package" for $279. For the life of me, I can't find any info on what is in this package. I have emailed the internet manager asking for details, but no answer. Is the dealer trying to slide a hidden cost on me, or does anyone know what this package is? :confuse:
  • gwilsongwilson Posts: 46
    I have ordered a 2009 TCH and now I need to find a hitch to put on the car. I only plan to use it for a bike rack. I have searched the forums and most of the info seems to be dated. I was wondering if anyone knows the best hitch for the hybrid. By 'best' I mean most integated with the car and least visable. I am looking for a 1.25" receiver. If anyone has a hitch and can post pics that would be helpful!!

Thanks for any help here!
  • larsblarsb Posts: 8,204
    I've got one on my 2007 TCH. The model I bought was the Hidden Hitch model on this page:

Hitches for Toyota Camry Hybrid

I had a local U-Haul store install it for about 2 hours labor charge. It has worked well. Very hidden, has not dragged on anything as of yet. I have used it for a Segway hauler and a little platform trailer. Going to buy a bike mount soon.

Good Luck !!!
    Great - thanks for the info!! Any chance you could post or email a picture of yours?

Thanks for the link - the hitch is actually cheaper than I thought it might be.
  • larsblarsb Posts: 8,204
    No pics, and the car is out of the state right now. I'll do my best to describe it for you though

It's only a little wider than half as wide as the bumper. So there it sits in the middle 1/2 of the bumper as far as the width aspect goes.

It's right up against the bottom of the bumper, no space wasted. It is under the curve of the bottom part of the bumper so that it does not stick out farther than the bumper. It really is pretty much "hidden" as a hidden hitch should be. Not completely out of sight, but it sits really low and unobtrusive.

As I said, I have never had it "scrape" on anything - it's actually sitting up higher than the bottom of the muffler.

I'll get a pic posted when I can. It's a good looking install though - hardly noticeable at all.
    Thank you very helpful! I just ordered mine so I have about 7-8 weeks wait and wanted to start researching the hitches. Pictures would be great if you get the time but really appreciate the info you have provided now. :)
  • hmshahhmshah Posts: 13
    Has anyone tried to install underbody spoilers(front, back and side), like the ones in Camry SE in TCH. I am really interested in getting those. Thanks
  • timh4timh4 Posts: 3
    Which R12 pin(s) do I need to temporarily "break" with a switch?

And where is R12 located in the car?

Thanks for your help!
  • shazam3shazam3 Posts: 13
    The "upgraded accessory package" includes the trunk cargo net, trunk mat, first aid kit, and I think floor mats too.
  • egtan271egtan271 Posts: 2
    Hello. I'm also interested in getting the underbody spoilers (front, sides & back) for my 2009 Camry Hybrid. I just bought the Genuine Toyota rear spoiler but Toyota does not have the underbody spoilers.

Would appreciate any information on these accessories.

Thanks - ET
  • saz25saz25 Posts: 152
    Hi,
    I ordered an 09 Camry Hybrid with FE CQ LA UP. Aren't the Carpeted Floor mats (CF) included? My dealer is trying to make me pay an additional $199 MSRP. Am I being ripped off?

Besides that, I am getting $2025 off MSRP.

On the Edmunds site it says the price is N/A.

Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Steve
  • lzclzc Posts: 483
    Are being ripped off? Yes and no. The MSRP on the TCH I bought was $199. You might get them elsewhere for less, if it's worth the trouble. But if they discounted the car, why not the mats too?

Still, your deal looks good. In this region, SF Bay Area, hybrid Camrys are scarce.
  • remardremard Posts: 3
    I like the way the spoiler looks and I'm wondering if it can, in any way, improve my MPG. I know it's mostly for aesthetic value but could the added downforce negate the extra weight and give me a little better mileage?
  • spenbabaspenbaba Posts: 6
    Keep in mind the TCH has the lowest drag of any Camry. A spoiler would be expected to increase drag. Downforce shows up as added weight on your tires, so what do you think the added drag and weight will do to your mileage?
  • maxg01maxg01 Posts: 1
    Where do I find a Clear Bra for my TCH? And what is a good price?