Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• mrpatmrpat Posts: 24
    please let me know which toyota dealer and if you have it installed, let me know if you are satisfied.
  • plknjplknj Posts: 121
    One of the best dealerships I have ever come across and are tech savy with countless upgrades is Lawrenceville Toyota on Route 1... it's a small, comfortable dealer. Ask for Shanon as she handles all the upgrades.
  • mrpatmrpat Posts: 24
    thanks for the info, Ill check it out
    Was just at my dealer and specifically asked how my xenon headlights would void the warranty?

The answer was that if some electrical problem occurred in the area where the wiring has been changed that most likely it would not be covered by my warranty.

I was also told a story how a Toyota mechanic saved $100 on an alarm system at Circuit City and then had a mechanical problem related to the installation of the alarm which ended up costing him $2,000! They also said that since my headlights have been installed for months I probably have nothing to worry about and that most legitimate after market installers will usually stand by the work they do.

Which confirms the stevedebi post about warranty's
  • Woodgrain dash trim -

Do you know who sells the best? Is it Superiordash.com or autoanything.com or toyotapartsforless.com? Anyone have an experience with their products or the installation (I assume professional installation is best- do you know anyone in the LA area?) It seems like one can over do it with the trim kits, and that using only some of the appliques looks more elegant. Does anyone have photos or personal experience with this? Any thoughts on the best woodgrain color for the gray leather interior?

Other accessories I'm considering include:

Floor mats - is there a middle ground between the heavy duty all weather mats and the clear plastic ones? I'm looking for something unobtrusive that would also catch spills.

Rear bumper applique - do you think this is necessary. I saw there already is a protected area by the the lip of the trunk?

Sport shift knob?? - anyone have experience with this accessory? Does it only come in black?

Thanks
  • hybcanhybcan Posts: 1
    I travel a lot in Canada and they are using metric system. It is any chace to cenge the speed from Mile to Km and F to C ?
  • kimikopikimikopi Posts: 2
    Hi! I bought a base model Blue Metallic for 25k. In the future, is it possible to change to leather seats and add the Navigation system if I want them?
    Regarding the dash - I have been considering adding a molded woodgrain dash... the other kind looks like the plastic it is. My dealer will install it for $595 which is a bit high. I installed the other dash kit on my Saab... it was easy but I wasn't thrilled with the look. You can also Google 'dash kits' and get a few more options. Please tell me what you decide.

As for floor mats.. try the berber... they have held up well in two of my cars.
  • I have a 2008 Camry Hybrid, and am wondering if bumper guards can be installed. Since its chassis is supposedly identical to that of Toyota Highlander, and there are tubular bumper guards for the latter, is it possible to install them to the Camry? Has anyone tried installing bumper guards on Camry Hybrid?
    To make a long story short... got into an accident... hit by a Dodge Ram pickup... the pickup won. Ten thousand dollars of damage turned into... get this... a $26,000 bill.

Yes, if they knew they would have totaled it... Parts were over $15,000 with two modules totaling $7,000.

My Toyota dealer took my car to the after market shop and had my headlights installed... a bit to my surprise. Because it is minimally invasive they weren't threatening me about voiding my warranty.
  • jm89jm89 Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard that Toyota put a hold on BSM sales due to bad adhesive?

A dealer told me that and I take everything they say with a grain of salt.

I have the 50th Anniversary Edition TCH and the parts guys didn't know they existed!
  • lzclzc Posts: 483
    I've had them on a TCH for about 11 months. No problems.

Toyota still includes them as an available accessory on their web site.
  • acco20acco20 Posts: 208
    The body side moldings are not available for the 50th anniversary model. Your paint is the blizard pearl color and the camry hybrid does not list the body side moldings in blizard pearl. BSM in blizard pearl are available for the Avalon, but they will not fit on the Camry. I had one dealer offer to get the moldings in a basic white color,and paint them blizard pearl,,,,, I passed. I am quite sure the spoiler is not available in blizard pearl for the camry either.
  • Where did you get the accessories?
    Has anyone found wiper blades that they really like? It is tie for me to replace the original and am exploring options. Thanks...
  • patflapatfla Posts: 14
    Mon-Fri I'm generally driving the TCH alone. I often put books, backpack, etc in the passenger seat.

Which sets off the 'put on your seat belt beeping and warning light'. Which lasts about two small blocks as I drive out of our neighborhood.

Any way to turn this off (and back on of course)?

pat
  • Yes, I've found it annoying too. The easiest solution is to buckle the passenger side seat belt, or simply leave it buckled all the time if you typically drive alone.
  • In northern NJ, the dealer also said the BSM sales are on hold because of an adhesion problem. This was after I took delivery of a 50th Anniversary Edition TCH and I had their body shop install pearl painted BSM. No problem this far- after three months.

Because of the problem, I asked the dealer if they would give me my money back for the BSM if they fell off and they said they would just stick it back on.
  • lwittlwitt Posts: 7
    I have been installing moldings for the last 30 years. In the last 2 there has been more demand for a perfect painted molding rather than vinyl. I can get what you need, and the instructions are user friendly. 50,000 mile / 5 yr warranty. Any toyota and almost all other makes are available
    Have had my car since December and the molding has been fine... had to put on new molding on the driver side because of an accident... will see if there is a problem... but has not been for a month.