Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Powerstroke Diesel Problems

Comments

• my99,f350,diesel ,died and have not got it to run again,i got a crank sensor,used from hybury ford,that didn,t work,now what?codes that came up are ,p1119 manifold air temp circuit hi ,po470exhaust pressure sensor fault,, ive pulled valve covers can,t find anything, hey ford,just kill me,and get it over with,your doing it too slowly,u pricks.i hate my 2 ford f350s,make me sick,fuel pigs,everythings junk,i,ve replaced2signal lightswitches radio, ,day time headlight only,pedalmodule,injectors,wire harness,shifting rod in column,and 5 more, ive replaced,just shoot me ford....i hate ford or u pay for the rope for to hang my self, ford junk sucks,crazydan@gmx.com
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,495
    As noted in the post box instructions, we ask that you not put your email address in your messages. The posts are viewable buy the entire internet and we have no control over who (or what) will use that address for malicious purposes.

If you wish to be contacted, make your forum profile email address "public" - use the "Forum Preferences" link in the right margin.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• it died,after running ten minutes,changed crank sensor,no fuel ,2 fuses are not getting power in dash?in middle row,help me so i can sell for cheap,codes that showed up are,p1119, po470
  • on my hunk of junk itwas that the oil line for lubrication of the turbo becomes loose and the oil runs down like that you described,start pulling stuff off the top of the eng, and youl find it,,,crazydan
  • I have a 97 350 7.3 with 240000 miles
    She will start cold. Whin she warms up she will die with out any codes.
    To start again starting fluid is needed. ICP , IPR and cam sensers have changed.
    Injecters are remand also. Fuel a is at 50 psi high oil pressure is 700 pis cold levels out to 550 psi. Can any one help
  • A long shot……
    Maybe its sucking air in the fuel line somewhere >>>>>>>???? This might cavitate the injectors

Or heat is causing fuel to bubble somewhere causing similar cavitation

good luck !
  • cwo99cwo99 Posts: 3
    Hi and Help!

I am the original owner of a 99 diesel. The truck has 220k miles and I use it for heavy towing about 1/3 the time. I have an adjustable SuperChips Module for the truck. Over the years, I have had to replace several glow plug relays, glow plugs, wiring harnesses, a re-called cam shaft sensor, and the pcm once. For about a year now, the truck will not start after sitting for a couple days unless plugged in. If plugged in, it starts pretty easily. If I cannot plug it in, I have to use a little starting fluid which I know is bad for the engine. Once started, it runs on less than 8 cylinders until completely warmed up if not plugged in. I have had the truck to the Fort Collins, CO dealership and they can't seem to get to the root problem. They charge me a thousand bucks or so and I get out on a job site somewhere and the problem comes back. They now have it for the third time! What the heck???
  • Hi everybody,
    I'm new here and I could really use some advice. I'm considering buying this truck. It seems to run great and it looks great too. I loved the truck until I started reading that the '03 6.0 diesel was nothing but trouble. I'm looking for longevity and reliability, not headaches. So I would very much appreciate your advice/opinions.

Thanks,
    Tim
  • cowboy9cowboy9 Posts: 161
    Run away from it as fast as you can, lol. Find a nice 2002 or 01 with a 7.3 in it, actually there are a few 2003's with 7.3's in them but not many. See if there a RB Auction near and check to see if they have any coming in.
  • I would either look for a 7.3 Ford or 5.9 Dodge.
  • Tim,
    I did the same. I bought a 2003 King Ranch with 6.0 and didn't realize what I was doing. It was a beautiful truck. However, I got rid of it at about 91,000 miles. Some of my friends were having engine failure at 94-100,000 miles and the Ford Dealers were giving them the run around. I am now a proud owner of a 2007 Dodge Mega Cab with the 6.7L Cummins Diesel. The Dodge's have been good but were always loud! The newer ones are just as quiet as Ford now. Don't be fooled by the extremely low price of the 6.0! There's a good reason. :sick:
  • jf4jf4 Posts: 1
    I had the opportunity to get the 7.3L in 2003 when I bought my F350 with a 6.0. Bad choice with the 6.0. Been in for oil leaks 6 times or so. Once they had the truck for a week pulling the engine. Currently have 93K miles on it and in for high pressure oil pump, two injectors, rear main seal (3rd time for this one), crank sensor seal. It is 6 months out of the 5year 100K warranty. I am looking at around $8K to fix it all. I would run kicking and screaming from a 6.0.
  • stammer2stammer2 Posts: 2
    I'm considering an '05 F350 with the 6.0L diesel. I've been reading these last few posts and other reports about how that engine had some serious problems when Ford made the transition from 7.3L to 6.0L. Has Ford been able to fix those issues? Or do all the same headaches show up in the '04s, '05s, '06s...?
  • I really don't know why I post this stuff other than to relieve frustration. Our F450 just broke down on the road, with the horse trailer and horses, for the THIRD time.

It is in Oklahoma City, well more accurately towed to the Ford dealer in Ponka City. Same as the last two times in past months. Loses power, snorts a bit, engine light comes on and it won't restart. First time it was the electrical harness that runs behind the engine, took two weeks to fix. Second time it was diagnosed as fuel injector #1 and only after replacing that three times did they figure out it was the wiring TO the FI that was the problem, two weeks. This time they can't look at it until this afternoon but I am definitely not optimistic. We live in Alberta, Canada so this is a real big problem for us, particularly with the horses in tow. When (if) I ever get the POS back home I will be looking to go after Ford through Canada's lemon law. From what I read on this post and others it is just beyond belief that Ford still sells this junk. :lemon: :sick: :mad:
  • bill217bill217 Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 f350 dual wheel 6.4 diesel with crew cab & 8' bed I just bought it used with 17,000 miles on it. I have a trailer that weights about 3 - 4,000 pounds and on take off I can hear the engine struggling but once it is rolling you don't even know it is there is this normal to hear or does something need to be serviced on it. With this big of a truck I wasn't expecting to notice it at all.
  • :sick: I have a 97 F-250 4x4 Power Stroke Diesel. I was driving along when all of a sudden the engine lost power and felt like an injector or 2 was not working, just out of the blue. I had it scaned and it show all 4 injectors on passenger side was not working. I pulled the valve cover to check the under the cover wiring harnesses and they both are fine, I even check continuity and harness fine, I checked the harness from the junction block near the fuse box under the hood and they still showed no broken wires, good continuity. I then checked my voltage to all my injectors and the drivers side was all getting 2.4-2.5, but the passenger side front 3 injectors show nearly no voltage, the back one shows some but not up to the drivers side. with the engine running, I can disconnect all 4 injectors from the passenger side and no difference in how it runs. I am at wits end, where do I go from here. I tried swapping relays with no change. What else should I check? Positioning sensor is fine and new also. :sick: :lemon:
  • I forgot to mention, the valve cover gaskets are fine and the connectors had good test readings on all points too.
  • Is there any way I can test the injector control module (IDM) or do I have to have it done somehow at a dealer?
  • crazydancrazydan Posts: 39
    all i can say is that when you find out please tellme to my 99 died one month ago bud....help me to you to, idm box is my guess but im not sure,yet crazydan@gmx i nedd it to run to sell please