Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Gasoline Engine Problems

Comments

• mike9408mike9408 Posts: 74
    That is odd, particularly after changing all the parts and it shows no codes. Could be a bad connection somewhere in the fuel system loop. You could always just disconnect the battery (s) for about 15 minutes to reset the computers. This means the computers will have to re-evaluate the system. You will be best off to take the truck for a drive (preferably 55 mph) for 15 or 20 minutes. During the evaluation period the truck may experience some drive ability troubles (hesitations, etc). But should clear up after it has measured all of the variables and made the necessary adjustments. After this has been done it should run ok. You might also check the fuel pressure at the engine. Not sure what your pressure should be but mine is 40 to 70 psi. Let me know how you fair. Mike
  • xelvis66xxelvis66x Posts: 77
    Yes that motor will work for your truck. I just helped a friend with a 98 f-150 4.2 5spd, and he found one out of a 2001 f-150 auto for 250 bucks and we had to remove it. But the only thing that was different was the O2 sensors on the manifolds, the coil pack, and the intake. So we changed the O2 sensors with his and the coil pack, and decided that the intake would work and ended up just plugging the old harness in the new motor. But if you're going to chage it I would change everything that is different. but we used the newer sensor that we could and the truck is running great. I hope that helps you.
  • I have a 2005 F150 lariat and they told me my hesitation, and "Surging" was due to a software update I needed, paid for and got it installed but it only seemed better for about a month, so I gave up!! Kimberely
    Kimberly, try disconnection the negative cable of your battery, leave it disconnected for 15 minutes to 20 minutes. This will re-set your computer. After doing this, drive it at 55 mph for 10 to 15 minutes (keep as steady a speed as you can.) This should fix the problem if it is your computer. Other than that I would check the timing, generally the timing is around 10deg btdc. What engine do you have?
  • My wife's 99 f150 v-6 truck stalls when you try to accelerate after coming to a complete stop, it will start right back up no problem, idles fine. it also will get jerky while driving. code reader shows the following p0340 camshaft position sensor a circuit bank1 or single sensor.
    p0171 system to lean bank 1, p0174 system to lean bank 2 and p1309 manufacturer control. I have replaced fuel filter, spark plugs and wires, and pcv valve.also replaced the tranny filter and fluid. any suggestion's?
  • Need help truck runs fine 75 percent of the time but some time at a stop it wants to stall out. I give it gas but if I press to far it feels like it is not getting any. Then I have to let up a little on the peddle in order for it not to stall.When it starting to stall i press the gas peddle about 3/4" till it go's faster so I can shift to 3rd, same thing happens in 3rd. Can start the car 20 minutes later and it runs fine.Changed fuel filter and fuel pump.It seems like you press the gas peddle to a certain position it feels like the truck is starving for gas.
    There's a black box on the back of the engine called Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) which have leakages to the intake to open butterflys in the intake ports, make sure this is plugged in or possible it is bad. also maybe your cam sensor needs replaced or unplugged. The other thing it could be is the knock sensor.
    Maybe the ingnition coil is going bad. Is that truck fuel injected or carburated?
  • i have a 91 f-150 with a 300 strait 6. keeps flooding first 3 cylenders, i have changed the fuel injecters, and the fuel presher regulater. still doing it. what should i try now?
    Check to make sure you are getting fire to all of the plugs. Run a compression check on all six. Make sure your valves are opening and closing. Please let me know, Mike
  • thinks for the advice. will try that tomarrow.
    Check the Fuel switching valve. Sounds like it is worn out. I believe it is located in main frame rail drivers side just behind the cab (or there about)
    Mike
    Check the Fuel switching valve. Sounds like it is worn out. I believe it is located in main frame rail drivers side just behind the cab (or there about)
    Mike
  • thinks for the advice. checked the comp, and it had none. puld valve cover off and had four push rods out of the rocker arms. put back in place, tightend. and now it runs. thinks again.
    Glat to hear it Frank, Good for you. Glad I could help.
    Mike
  • nairbnairb Posts: 10
    #6 CYLINDER NOT FIRING ON 1987 F-250...WHY?? wondering where to start on checking why the #6 cylinder isn't firing in my truck.
    Can't take this rough running, gas chugging, no power stuff anymore. Any advice
    would be appreciated.
  • joshlin1932joshlin1932 Posts: 14
    My 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis is unstable on the road. I have new tires and have had my frontend aligned and neither one helped the problem. My steering wheel has about 4 to 5 inches of slack in it. Can you suggest a solution for me.
  • The fuel pump on a Ford F-150 sends fuel to the engine. However, the fuel pump will eventually wear out. Premature failure is often caused by the gas tank in the F-150 not being more than 1/2 full or running the engine on a mostly empty tank. If the fuel pickup is not fully submerged in gasoline, it can be especially hard on the fuel pump, causing it to burn out as it draws in air and gasoline, struggling to do its job. Before having the fuel pump replaced, troubleshoot the problem.
  • Need help trying to identify noise that sounds like a lifter or cracked flywheel. Check and found both ok. Ask ford mechanic with no luck. Would like to know if anyone has had the same problem with their 05 F-150 with 4-6 V- 8