Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Alero Accessories and Modifications

2»

Comments

• Ok i just took my panels of my 99 alero. theres a clip on the window handle, its really small and very hard to get out( after an hour of trying my dad did it). You can get a tool at auto zone for like 8 bucks, or just use the trusty flat head screwdriver .

Heres a link of what it looks like

http://www.bodyshopzone.com/archives/trim/door_panels/Chevy/CK1500_1998/dpcht105- a_98_chevy_truck.jpg
  • expwymanexpwyman Posts: 25
    The Alero didn't come with custom tail lights since Olds killed the line. I've seen a few custom-made lights online that were made, but nothing manufactured for regular sale. You can get new taillights easily on Ebay if you need replacements at least.
  • jdknight1jdknight1 Posts: 1
    Just a tip I read last night and am going to try soon.

Take the IAT sensor, relocate it to your grill. Take electrical or duct tape and cover the hole the sensor was originally installed in. This is supposed to make the car think you're getting more cold air than it really is. It's supposed to be a free upgrade most don't know about.

I have pieced together my own short ram intake. If this trick works, I may remove my short ram intake and find a filter to put directly over the throttle body. I also found links to high performance throttle body's for the Alero.

Email me directly if you have any tips to share or questions

james-richtere@bethel.edu
  • I just purchased one from a place with a cheezy name-www.myhotcar.com. It fit pretty well. I'd invest after you purchase it in a nice galvanized u-bolt clamp so you can mount a little more securely. But the unit does fit. I have found that when buying performance parts for the Alero, especially with the Ecotech 2.2 that you'll need to look at parts for the Pontiac version namely the Grand AM. Just be careful what you buy the chips seem to add more issues to a car that runs nice anyway. Iff you are planning on upgrading any more of the induction system it's not going to be cheap. If you want something that's going to last and be able withstand a 200lb foot your going to have to spsend some money. The cold air kit I purchased from myhotcar.com cost me $120 inexpensive after seeing what people are paying for others it doesn't come with a K&N filter b.ut it's made of the same stuff. I hope this helps. :shades:
  • Cane anybody tell me how big of a throttle body I can put on my 2004 Alero with a 2.2 Ecotech-4sp automatic without making the ECU freakout. I understand that the intake manifold will handle 62mm I can bore out my own throttle body I just need to know the max I can go. And for other reasons who makes a good preformance throttle body for the 2.2 Ecotech? :shades:
  • nbeltnbelt Posts: 13
    my 2000 alero gls 3.4 V6 only gets about 18 mpg in the city. trying to figure out how to get better if its possible without buying a bunch of expensive parts. HELP PLEASE
  • Does anyone know if there is any exhaust system available for the 3.4L 99 alero?? I found some alero exhaust systems but theyre all for the 2.4 or 2.2
  • bs3203bs3203 Posts: 1
    Yes, You should check out anderbrainnovations.com
    He is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, but he does cutom work. One of very few places you can get aftermarket tails for the alero.
2»