Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Rabbit Audio & Entertainment System Problems

13»

Comments

• I have this problem of the bass 'spiking' also on the radio in my 2007 Rabbit. Turns out there is a VW technical bulletin about it, and the dealer did a software update for the radio. It seemed to fix it so far, but I just had it fixed 5 days ago, so we will see, I guess. I thought I heard a small bass spike the other day, but nothing like it was before. It could have been the song or reception also.
  • My 2008 Rabbit's 2nd CD player just quit working again. I bought the car in June and the 1st CD player quit reading burned cd's first and 2 days later all cds. I called VW service and took it in. VW over nighted me a new unit and installed in about 20 minutes for free last October. Now this player has the same issues. No cd will play. What gives VW? Why are you installing el cheapo head unitis in the Rabbits? To save $ I guess. I've bought cheap Kraco's and Craig units in the past that never failed to play so these failures amaze me. Do all VW's have the same crap stereo?

The car has been other wise been flawless except for the crummy stereo.
  • alphonsealphonse Posts: 2
    First time event. After loading 6 cds into my 2006 rabbit, a "cdc hardware error" message came up on the display. Cds will not play in any slot nor can I eject. According to manual, it recommends visiting VW dealership. Has anyone experienced this prob? Does anyone have a fix without having to take into dealership?
    Thanks,
    Alphonse
  • alphonsealphonse Posts: 2
    I own a 2006 rabbit with factory stereo. CDchanger has gone "south". Need instructions to remove from dash. Does anyone have factory step by step instructions for removal or own experience on"how to properly remove" ?
    Thanks,
    alphonse
  • I just bought an '07 Rabbit last week (originally purchased at the end of Oct '06) and I can't find the aux port on it. I thought it came standard on these cars. Everything I've read online says that there should be one but I cannot find it. I don't have the iPod adapter, and there is a light in the glove box. On the left hand side near the top there's a little rubbery knob that turns and it seems like maybe this is where the aux should have been but it's definitely not an input. If it doesn't have it (which I'm suspecting) is it possible to get one installed at the dealer? (I have the upgraded head unit without satellite or nav if that makes a difference)

Thanks,

Ellen
13»
This discussion has been closed.