Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mainstream Large Sedans Comparison

Comments

• allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Okay...yeah, you're right....a minor point. Only means that in my case, the warranty would be null and void after 2 years of driving! :P
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Guys, we're getting sidetracked in several directions from the actual vehicles we're supposed to be discussing...
  • captain2captain2 Posts: 3,971
    you're right....a minor point
    and then I guess that 24k/40k difference in the basic warranties would also be 'minor', especially given that any of these cars should easily pass the 100k mark given any semblance of scheduled maintainence. Not that I'm denying that things do happen in specifically that 60-100k window, but it sure would be much rarer than it happening at all, wouldn't it?
  • cnwcnw Posts: 105
    Read an article the other day that new BMWs don't come with a dipstick for checking the oil. Owner of vehicle had a "low oil" warning light come on; couldn't find the dipstick, so he took it to the dealer. Dealer informed him the only way to check the oil level was to drain it, measure the quantity drained, then refill with proper amount. Maybe that's why the maintenance program is free? Or maybe the exorbitant price of the car is just pre-payment for the maintenance it will require?
    Wow...for a car to have it's oil low light come on would indicate some very bad things:

The driver hasn't been keeping up with regular oil changes.

If new, the car was delivered with an inadequate amount of oil in the engine.

The car has a major oil leak.

However, the lack of a dipstick for an owner to be able to check the oil level would simply seem to be another way to force the owner to have to bring the car in to a service person.
    Normally you'd be right about bad things indicated by a low oil light, however with the early 07 3-Series the problem was the oil sensor itself was faulty. The bad sensors were coming on when the level of oil was correct, but since there is no dipstick, the owner cannot be certain and can't ignore it.

For more you can see this and other posts in the same discussion: wa201, "BMW 3-Series Oil Questions" #74, 6 Feb 2007 8:31 pm.

I'm passing that on fyi, but let's don't get sidetracked on this issue since the 3-Series really doesn't belong in this discussion. ;)
    Well, does the 5-Series have the same issue??? If it did, then you could have made it relevant by using the 5-Series as the example! ;)

At any rate, I'm not really worried about it as my Azera has as dipstick that allows me to check the oil level when ever I need to! :D
    Heh. But no, not that I've seen or heard. :)
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    My Azera has at least two dipsticks, one for oil, th' other behind the wheel, as a flashback to my early days in the military reminds me: "Whut did ah jus' tell you to DO, Airman dipSTICK?!"... :shades:
  • msazzyindcmsazzyindc Posts: 118
    I'm an Azzy driver and I'm 34. I've been riding, and I repeat riding moreso than driving (but I have driven often) an Infiniti and I can say that they are very comparable. What my Azzy has my Mom's Infinity has and they ride the same. I can say that the Infinity has alot of get-up but dag on it, I think that the Azzy has some get-up too!

I actually believe that the Azzy limited has more room in the back and trunk room than the Infinity (although not mentioned by anyone in this thread)

I bought my Azzy because it was in my price range but it gave me ALOT of the comforts and luxuries that the Infinity has. (PERIOD!)

I love my Azzy but I hate my original dealership...looking for another one besides College Park Hyundai
    Yeah...it's hard not to give the Azera a serious look. When folks ask me about mine, I tell them, "Don't go in to test drive one, you'll find it hard to leave without buying one!" LOL

Good luck in finding a new home. Like I said before, I've been throroughly pleased with the folks over at Alexandria Hyundai for 5+ years now ('02 Sonata and now my '06 Azera). They have always taken good care of me and my cars. When you get there, ask to speak to the service manager (really good guy) and tell him that Mike Washington sent you over there.
  • alexstorealexstore Posts: 264
    Now which infinity she has? I don't think its M35 or 45. In addition , Infinity though a luxury brand, is sporty in nature. As with most sporty luxury class cars, rear seat space is smaller than usual.
    The only one that is an issue is the G35 and the old I's and maybe the old J's. The M's and the Q's...definitely don't have that problem.
    Can someone tell me why is it that Azera is compared to LS460, while its missing many of the luxury items of its little brother Avalon? I am sorry but 263hp in Azera vs 380hp in LS460, 60 in 6.5 vs 5.4 the only place , where these cars are close is in Fuel economy.
    Why, why...WHY are folks so near-sighted??? They are not comparing the cars feature for feature. They are simply saying...you can go out and spend all that money on an LS460 (if you want), however...you can spend a fraction of that money and get a very well appointed Azera. Granted, it can't park itself, but with the money you save...you can easily afford valet parking (not to mention a couple of European vacations)!

Calm down and look past what you see.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    In all honesty here who buys an Azera (or Avalon for that matter) who can truly afford an LS? I see where the comparison is going but it really (IMO)has very little merit.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

You are absolutely correct. I think another thing that Hyundai is saying is that for the money an Azera costs, you're still getting more luxury than most cars in the same price range and you should feel good about that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sitting here thinking that Hyundai isn't stretching (to say the least). It's now worse than Ford comparing their Edge to a BMW X-5. Yeah...like any Ford vehicle can compare to any BMW! Anyway, they're simply saying you don't have to spend X-5 money to accelerate like (or faster) than an X-5. :surprise:

Folks really stop needing to be so literal when they watch those commercials. ;)

If you want to get mad about one, get mad at those AXE and TAG body spray for men commercials. I use AXE products here and there and I don't have women attacking me like they suggest in the commercials. :mad:
  • barnstormer64barnstormer64 Posts: 1,106
    In all honesty here who buys an Azera (or Avalon for that matter) who can truly afford an LS? I see where the comparison is going but it really (IMO)has very little merit.

Me. Well, sorta. I could afford an LS if I chose to do so. Instead, I chose the Freestyle, so I could spend all that extra cash on other things, instead.
    Why is it that Azera in their commercials is not compared to 300C, Lucerne, Maxima or Avalon? All these cars have same target buyer and price range of 25-35K.
    Are you serious...do you truly not get it??? The commercial is saying that you can spend $70K+ to get a luxury car...if you want, but...the Azera gives those of us who can't afford an LS460 a chance to have a bit of luxury.

Why not compare it to the 300, Maxima or Avalon...none of those are touted as luxury sedans. Of those 3, the one that comes more closely to luxury would be the Avalon. I've driven and ridden in a 300 and Maxima...there is nothing luxury about either of those cars. Just because the 300 slightly resembles a Bentley, doesn't mean it's a luxury car. That is why you don't see it advertised as such.